Sign in to follow this  
TigerJ

The most encouraging rookie camp observation that I saw

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:43 PM, BuffaloBill said:

No, that is your logic and assumption. Just because a caterpillar can turn into a butterfly does not mean the opposite is the case. 

Named Buffalo Bill, AND talking about caterpillars and butterflies?!?!?!?!?!

I KNEW IT!!!

jamegumb.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I'm going to keep this short and simple since it isn't worth my time. This isn't about being "right" or "wrong," but if you want to construe it that way, then have at it.  If you want to split hairs regarding staff vs coach, I don't want to be bothered.  Waste of time.  Funny you're the only person who finds fault.

My ONLY point was that the following coordinators and position coaches changed since 2017: OC, OL, DL, SpT, QB, WR, DB; which is MOST of them which includes a 2/3 coordinator turnover.  I'm not going down to the quality control and trainer level.  Don't accuse me of trying to "make a point" I never attempted to make, or even "exaggerate"...the previous sentence was my ONLY point.  In other words, the McD coaching tenure has been very volatile over the past two years.

I'll be sure to check with you from now on regarding staff titles since you're the expert and all.  Have yourself a wonderful day.

Funny how it's always the people who are wrong who don't think it's about being right or wrong.

And guess what, if your only point is that Guys A, B, C, D and E are gone, here's what you should have done. You should have said, "Guys A, B, C, D and E are gone. You should NOT on the other hand have said ""I think Leslie Frazier may be the only initial staff still with the team ... " 

That was the problem.

On 5/11/2019 at 6:31 PM, Stallions said:

As a rookie HC with a team that has a long history of losing you get what's available at the end of the line.  Juan is now an "Analyst" for Michigan.  At 59 his NFL coaching may be over.  His time with the Ravens under the brother of Michigan's Head Coach  probably got him the job.

"what's available at the end of the line" and the Bills history of losing had absolutely nothing to do with the hire of Castillo as OL coach.

McDermott and Castillo go way back.  They spent like 10 years coaching together on the Iggles under Andy Reid.  They pinky swore if one of them got to be HC, he'd hire the other or some story like that.  There coulda been 10 OL coaches lined up and McDermott would have still hired his bud, Castillo, whom he hired before he hired his OC.  He was still part of the package when Daboll came in, "give him a try".

The same is true of David Culley, last year's QB coach.  He was WR coach on the Iggles coaching staff under Reid for a decade when McDermott was there.  He wanted broader experience in the hope of improving his shot at HC so McDermott brought him in as QB coach and said "here you go" to Dennison and Daboll.  We're fortunate Harbaugh was willing to give him the "Assistant Head Coach" title.

Who was the OL coach for Chan? Talk about making average guys look good! Then again, Fitz wasn't holding the ball very long. Allen will need to get rid of it much sooner this year as well, but he has some experience now so that should help.

3 hours ago, GreggTX said:

Who was the OL coach for Chan? Talk about making average guys look good! Then again, Fitz wasn't holding the ball very long. Allen will need to get rid of it much sooner this year as well, but he has some experience now so that should help.

Joe D is a solid OL coach who's now with B-More, but the line's he had consisted of Levitre, Wood and Glenn. 

Castillo was awful and it was time to move on, but the lack of talent last season was pretty astounding. The pass blocking was bad. The run blocking was WORSE. One of the worst run blocking units I've ever seen. Castillo+poor talent=awful. The overall talent is now NFL standard. Let's hope Bobby Johnson proves to be a great find.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, Kemp said:

Name all of the GMs since the NFL became a passing league who have been considered great without a stellar QB, and the reverse.

Whether any of us think it's a fair way to evaluate a GM, that is almost always how it plays out. I'm surprised anyone wouldn't believe that.

If Josh Allen becomes a legit stud at QB, almost everyone here will think Beane has done a good job.

If Allen fails, most people here will want Beane gone. Again, it may or may not be fair, but it's reality. 

I don’t think Flacco or Eli we’re stellar QBs, but, they have 3 Championships between them.  They had strong teams, HCs and GMs.

However, I agree they are the exception to the rule.