The XFL thread

Why did the XFL fold the first time? 

Why will it work this time?

I started to like the AAF, too bad it didn't make it!

All past history says the XFL won't make it!  Hope it does and is competitive!

Go Bills!

Edited by BuffaloButt

10 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Read the article 

I jad assumed it was same article i had read earlier in day which had no info- that was actually a well written article with pertinent information, who new journalist still did that?

I lived in Birmingham during the first attempt at this. The company I worked for had a box and it was a ton of fun. Basically like top tier NCAA football. 

I’m certainly no McMahon fan (I loathe him as some others do here) but it would be nice to watch competitive football in the Spring. 

10 hours ago, #34fan said:

The Lingerie League might outlast them all...

They already have as they’ve been around more than a decade already and doing well.  Games are actually quite fun to watch if you ever get a chance to go see one.  

In 2013, they Lingerie Footballs League (LFL) rebranded using same league initials to be Legends Football League so they would be taken more seriously.

Oh goodie, another failed football league that will be ignored.

If the USFL failed with all their NFL talent on it, then nothing else will succeed while there is still an NFL I realize how he USFL made a “death kill” mistake by trying to go head to head with the NFL, but it failed nonetheless.

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Oh goodie, another failed football league that will be ignored.

If the USFL failed with all their NFL talent on it, then nothing else will succeed while there is still an NFL I realize how he USFL made a “death kill” mistake by trying to go head to head with the NFL, but it failed nonetheless.

So if you realize the mistake do you think that league wouldn’t have succeeded if they followed their original growth plan? 

What might help the AAF, or XFL would be for them to affiliate with the NFL the way baseball does. The Rochester Redwings, for example, are a farm team for the Minnesota Twins. I would have paid a lot more attention to the Birmingham Thunderbolts (or, at least knew they existed) if they were a farm team for the Bills.

The show Arli$$ did a parody episode of the XFL in the season 5 episode (made in 2000) "When Opportunity Knocks" where Kirby became the GM of the L.A. Carnivors in a new spring football league called the Ultimate Football League (UFL) run by a Vince McMahon type charcter named Danny Richter played by Joe Piscopo. Richter tells Arliss that the thing football fans want most are "Big T*ts & Big Hits". He brings two cheerleaders & two players with him to Arliss & the girls shake their boobs while one of the players puts a hard hit on the other guy. Doug Flutie played himself as a client of Arliss & Arliss tries to negotiate a 4 year $91 million contact for him ($11 million signing bonus, 4 years $20 million) with Kirby. Arliss demands too much, like Flutie having veto power on who his head coach is and Kirby says no to Flutie. When Kirby finds out that Piscopo's plans don't include caring about winning & the makeup of the football team he starts to get discouraged. The final straw for Kirby is when Danny Richter shows him his seat at the game. Richter tells Kirby that each fan will be given a remote & if the team is playing lousy they can press the remote. When Richter presses his remote to demontstate, Kirby finds out his seat has a dunk tank under it that opens up when the remote is pressed. That's the final straw for Kirby & he quits & ends up going back to AMM to work for Arliss.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

5 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Over/Under on the league folding at week 7?

The original made it a full season. I think that they play out the season at the very least. Vince McMhaon sold nearly 200 million of his WWE stock to fund this venture. I imagine he calculated enough funds to play out a season and hearing that they have a TV deal means that they at least have some revenue to go with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

They already have as they’ve been around more than a decade already and doing well.  Games are actually quite fun to watch if you ever get a chance to go see one.  

Pffffttt… -It's shapely women running around in thong underwear, and bustiers… What kind of man watches stuff like that?

(I say with my wife looking over my shoulder.)

• Haha (+1) 1