“Tailgate Village”: New tailgating policy at New Era for bus/limo lot

44 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Feel a need to chime in on this as all it seems to be is misinformation and fear. No one is taking away tailgating. They are doing what COUNTLESS other stadiums around the country have done. They are designating an area and overseeing it. This happens at pretty much every college stadium and if you’ve ever been to a big time college experience it’s still a blast. People still get obnoxiously drunk. They just don’t end up fighting or jumping off a bus through a table. No one is taking your fun away. They are taking their liability away and are doing it in the best interest of those that can’t contain themselves.

Additionally, this is limited to those coming in a bus or limo. If you just can’t handle not being able to RKO someone through a table, park in the grass lot and drive yourself. 

That is where I am. People do not realize that had a person or two died in one of these table jumps the team may have just said screw it we are not opening the lots until 10 or 11 like a lot of teams. I do have a little fear that they eventually bring this into one of the regular parking lots as a money grab but overall the logic makes sense. My bigger question is if you can bring your own grill off a buss to cook your own food.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

That is where I am. People do not realize that had a person or two died in one of these table jumps the team may have just said screw it we are not opening the lots until 10 or 11 like a lot of teams. I do have a little fear that they eventually bring this into one of the regular parking lots as a money grab but overall the logic makes sense. My bigger question is if you can bring your own grill off a buss to cook your own food.

The Jeremy White Q&A this morning said yes you can. I think that this is a decent explanation of the do’s and dont’s. https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-bus-lot-q

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, youngjebrey said:

I don’t know why the table smashing gets such a negative connotation. I can think of a lot worse cultural traditions. Running of the bulls in Spain comes to mind. 

I see where you're going with this, but...actually, I don't see where you're going with this.  

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Jeremy White Q&A this morning said yes you can. I think that this is a decent explanation of the do’s and dont’s. https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/news/bills-bus-lot-q

With that then it really isn't the worst thing ever. The ability to bring your own food and drink is probably my biggest thing because its a major cost savings and we look forward to making food to share with others. But you gotta be able to heat some of it haha

• Like (+1) 3

This would sound a lot less BS, if it wasn't also a BIG money grab.  Come pay $15 per head after paying large bus / limo fees to drag your stuff over to a designated pen where we can regulate your behavior...oh is that stuff heavy you brought...don't worry, you can just buy from us at tailgate village for stadium prices.  

The bus / limo lot is a mess, but no one has to go there who doesn't want to.  If the issue is fans being too drunk in the stadium and ruining people's time, there's an easier solve, boot them out.  That's what they'll be doing at tailgate village anyways, using extra security and booting out over the top drunks.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, DC Grid said:

This would sound a lot less BS, if it wasn't also a BIG money grab.  Come pay $15 per head after paying large bus / limo fees to drag your stuff over to a designated pen where we can regulate your behavior...oh is that stuff heavy you brought...don't worry, you can just buy from us at tailgate village for stadium prices.  

The bus / limo lot is a mess, but no one has to go there who doesn't want to.  If the issue is fans being too drunk in the stadium and ruining people's time, there's an easier solve, boot them out.  That's what they'll be doing at tailgate village anyways, using extra security and booting out over the top drunks.

I'd gladly pay $15 for someone to set up a tent and chairs.  If you're complaining about wheeling your cooler 80 yds, I can't help you.  

You are correct.  They can still go park in the Southwestern lot.  

38 minutes ago, stony said:

I see where you're going with this, but...actually, I don't see where you're going with this.  

My point is I don’t know why table smashing at a tailgate gets such a negative connotation. I can think of a lot worse cultural traditions that are admired. Running of the bulls comes to mind. How many injuries do we see on the 4th of July of dudes blowing off their fingers? If you wanna police the drunk people fighting and causing mayhem, go right ahead. But for the most part I don’t see the problem in taking part in something that’s become a tradition 

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, corta765 said:

With that then it really isn't the worst thing ever. The ability to bring your own food and drink is probably my biggest thing because its a major cost savings and we look forward to making food to share with others. But you gotta be able to heat some of it haha

Yeah, it doesn’t sound that bad to me.

14 minutes ago, youngjebrey said:

My point is I don’t know why table smashing at a tailgate gets such a negative connotation. I can think of a lot worse cultural traditions that are admired. Running of the bulls comes to mind. How many injuries do we see on the 4th of July of dudes blowing off their fingers? If you wanna police the drunk people fighting and causing mayhem, go right ahead. But for the most part I don’t see the problem in taking part in something that’s become a tradition 

Probably because like running with the bulls or holding a firecracker so long it blows up in your hand (often involving alcohol) jumping through a table is just a dumbass thing to do. I don't know that it being lesser by degree or comparison to another dumb thing makes a difference. It's just stupid*.

*Said by a guy who did tons of stupid ***** when he was younger, and still occasionally does. But come on. Some stuff in the Bills lot is about what I would expect to see at an ICP wrestling event.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Why do people take party buses to football games and arrive hours early is to get plastered. Then they go into the stadium hammered, puking, and wanting to fight. Some even bring little pink effigies of Roger Goodell and toss them onto the field. How is that fun for anyone who has to sit around these bozos? Yes, it seems to be far more common in Buffalo, but certainly happens everywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Grid said:

The primary concern is that you no longer have a choice. Whenever you tell someone, they HAVE to do something different; there will be resistance. The ”Tailgate Village” sounds like a very reasonable option, but there's no reason you should have to go there if you and 50 for your friends from Syracuse took a bus to the game. Everyone is okay with this being an option, but you should also have the opportunity to tailgate in the bus lot, and by doing so you can waive any liability or responsibility for actions that take place there, since there is now a state run option

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

I think there is middle ground between promoting safety, and forcing fans to lease "linens" and tailgate chairs they dont need for $600.

And this is probably it?  $15 ain't $600.  ?

Also, the REAL thing we should all be bitching about is that we didn't start the business that is running this:  http://tailgateguys.com.  They're crushing it...

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

The primary concern is that you no longer have a choice. Whenever you tell someone, they HAVE to do something different; there will be resistance. The ”Tailgate Village” sounds like a very reasonable option, but there's no reason you should have to go there if you and 50 for your friends from Syracuse took a bus to the game. Everyone is okay with this being an option, but you should also have the opportunity to tailgate in the bus lot, and by doing so you can waive any liability or responsibility for actions that take place there, since there is now a state run option

I have had to have waivers signed for different events, and I am told that from a legal perspective they are not worth the paper they are printed on.

23 hours ago, boater said:

Not sure if the Buffalo News link is buried above.

Terry and Kim  had to do something. The Bills were getting deserved bad publicity. They had to do something to show they actively managing the game day environment-game day experience is a huge priority for the league.

I think from the liability perspective, this is spot on

23 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Dude it was all over the news. 

The truth is as long as they arent hurting others then what they do is none of yours, the Pegulas or the governments business.

The truth is, until you persuade all the lawyers and the legal system of your "truth", businessmen and businesses must consider their liability exposure.  That's just the way it is and has been for a long time.

15 hours ago, uticaclub said:

The only people who are getting hurt are doing it to themselves. No one else is in danger. If a man wants drink 20 beers, slam a 5th of whiskey and then jump off of a truck bed onto a flaming folding table, he should have the freedom to do so.

NO ONE is saying they can't do such things! 

They just can't do it on BILLS/ERIE COUNTY PROPERTY.

Edited by cd1

2 hours ago, Heitz said:

I did a couple years ago - but we had him drop us off at Hammer's.  We're Hammer's Lot people, not Limo Lot people ?

You, and your crew..in a limo..aint buying it, stop the fibbing!

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

As mentioned, yes you can bring your own, and yes they will even have people there to help you schlep the stuff to the designated area..but not back to the bus. 

1 hour ago, youngjebrey said:

Dude, i am 56, and could not agree with you more. What is the major freaking issue with table slamming? I find it funny as hell. Now, the whole jumping onto a lit one i dont understand, but the rest I find so funny.

BTW prolly another thread....but i now have multiple people ask me for every game..hey man, when can i come up for a Bills game, they look awesome and heard your fans are the best. That NEVER happened pre #mafia...

and in case no one has noticed, fans have taken the " we party and have fun and want everyone to know that" to heart..and it is now a source of pride..bad behavior towards opposing fan, etc way down since the #Billsmafia ..and its awesome!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1