Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

RD 5, Pick 147: LB Vosean Joseph, University of Florida

I watched Joseph a lot.  For whatever inconsistencies he may have shown at Florida, he more than made up for with a lot of big plays in big moments.  He's very versatile and is a good blitzing LB.  Really he was best when the set him loose to just attack the LOS without have to read and react.  The scouting on him wasn't great, but I feel like it was way too harsh considering how much of a difference maker he was for the gators.

• Like (+1) 8

Looks like another solid pick with high upside. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Sounds like a ST guy

Much better than just a ST guy. Really like this pick

• Like (+1) 1

14 tackles, 3.5 for loss against LSU for DPOW honors; for how we coached up Milano, I don't see how anyone can dislike this in terms of value and (eventual) positional need

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

There is a common theme to the Bills picks. Athleticism. Joseph’s raw athleticism just jumps of the tape. Just not sure about his tackling. Can it be taught at this stage?

16 minutes ago, BoBills20 said:

He's a sideline to sideline LB. Can't believe we still haven't gone with a pass rusher yet... Joe Jackson and Omenihu were still on the board.

Also would've like a silky route runner like Kelvin Harmon, who could've been a day 2 pick

they must have some sort of plan for this. it's looking more and more like a post draft plan.

even though he couldn't run at the combine, he has been timed as low as 4.48 and as high as 4.68. Great speed and hits with violence.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Another BPA who is also an enormous position of need! What luck!

This was a great pick

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

There is a common theme to the Bills picks. Athleticism. Joseph’s raw athleticism just jumps of the tape. Just not sure about his tackling. Can it be taught at this stage?

Absolutely it can be. 

This staff likes to draft raw talent that can't be taught with confidence that they can coach the players up. I believe in McD. Love the vision and execution so far.

• Like (+1) 2

Sounds more like depth on the weak side than anything else.  That will give him some time to grow his football IQ.

11 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Sounds like a ST guy

He'll definitely make this team as a fast ST guy who with a weight program could develop into a WILL back. Graded late 2-3. A little skinny and will have to add mass.

Just now, IgotBILLStopay said:

Stop reading the reports and watch the LSU highlights - he wrecked them this year and had no problem tackling.  This is a really solid pick, especially for the 5th round

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BoBills20 said:

He's a sideline to sideline LB. Can't believe we still haven't gone with a pass rusher yet... Joe Jackson and Omenihu were still on the board.

Also would've like a silky route runner like Kelvin Harmon, who could've been a day 2 pick

I think after this draft it should be clear we take BPA

Trust me he can tackle  He's a violent defender  He needs to be coached up on the thinking part of the position and needs a little weight.  If the Bills can get his football IQ up he could be a very very good player

16 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Still wish we took a receiver but I won’t question ion them on defensive picks.  McBeane knows defense. 

Bills have some good WR depth form FA and the development of Robert Foster.

IMO LB was a higher need than WR at the moment and Vosesan Joseph is  a nice LB.

A guy like Anthony Johnson, David Sills, Kelvin Harmon may still available in 6, or if the Bills want to move up.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Hopefully, Lesean doesn't take Vuh-SHAWN under his schwing.

He took Foster under his wing and look what happened last season.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

Absolutely it can be. 

This staff likes to draft raw talent that can't be taught with confidence that they can coach the players up. I believe in McD. Love the vision and execution so far.

I too have high hopes about McD’s influence especially on the defensive side. Did need LB depth.