Sign in to follow this  
mead107

PanchoBilla enters Hospice (Has now passed away)

I wept for Pancho today. Not yet brother. Please.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is such a punch to the gut.  So sad how a great person like Ezra is stricken with an awful illness.  It makes no sense.  One thing for sure, he will never be forgotten around here 

• Like (+1) 1

This is extremely sad. Although I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting this man I can’t help but root for him as not just a Bills fan but a human being. It breaks my heart to see those pics with his kids. I can’t imagine the pain they are all going through and wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

We always posthumously say life is too short and I am going to stop sweating the small stuff and enjoy whatever time I have left, I know I have numerous times after a loved one or someone this young is so sick. 

This mans attitude towards his disease is truly inspirational. He’s literally fighting for his life and showing us incredible strength. I will pray for him and his family. God speed Poncho, rest easy now. Like a true Bills fan, never quit, never give up. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Just Jack said:

There's only one way patients exit hospice. 

No *****.  Some things are better left unsaid.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

We had a similar experience with my parents.  Dad was 2 days, Mom was almost a month.  The former was a heck of a lot better.

Sad news for Poncho and his family.

Grandma was six weeks.  After two, I gave serious consideration to smothering her with a pillow.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Grandma was six weeks.  After two, I gave serious consideration to smothering her with a pillow.  

Naah....why do that when they no doubt gave you the option to starve her to death?

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Naah....why do that when they no doubt gave you the option to starve her to death?

That was optional?  I thought starving to death was just how hospice worked.

We treat our pets kinder in death than we do our elders.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

like the posts above me. wow

way to derail a thread and one that did not need those unnecessary comments, for sure.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

So sad. Thoughts and prayers to Pancho and his family. God bless his kids. My mother-in-law just entered hospice. F cancer. Enough is enough already.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Actually, I've known people who have left hospice alive.  One of them did like 3 times.  

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

My Grandpa is in hospice at the VA. We’ve discussed smothering the nurses with a pillow.

prayers up for Ezra...

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

like the posts above me. wow

way to derail a thread and one that did not need those unnecessary comments, for sure.

Goddamn right? Wow

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Your grandmother must have, sadly,been in a terrible hospice. Many, and even most in my very large exposure, are wonderful. I’m sorry that she had a bad experience. 

Pancho is not likely to have that experience and I wish him all the best. 

3 hours ago, bbb said:

Actually, I've known people who have left hospice alive.  One of them did like 3 times.  

Yes, this is not uncommon. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Goddamn right? Wow

Smart of you both not to quote him. Maybe they can delete their posts and take them to the part of this board that celebrates such behavior. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Prayers up, so sad. 

Amen.... 

I’m really hoping that Stevie Johnson wears the Pancho mask to make the pick. That would be epic. It would be one of those draft moments that we talk about in 10 years.

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Your grandmother must have, sadly,been in a terrible hospice. Many, and even most in my very large exposure, are wonderful. I’m sorry that she had a bad experience. 

I will say that my uncle's was excellent.  But my grandmother, grandfather, aunt...

But yes, people do leave hospice alive, I hope Pancho is one of them.  And what the Bills have done for him is pretty cool.

• Like (+1) 5

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I will say that my uncle's was excellent.  But my grandmother, grandfather, aunt...

But yes, people do leave hospice alive, I hope Pancho is one of them.  And what the Bills have done for him is pretty cool.

I am sorry that you had to see them have bad experiences. I sleep next to someone who helps 15-20 people a week enter and get the best treatment during their stay from the least to most expensive hospices. It should not be a bad experience but sometimes you need a good advocate. If you or anyone here ever needs advice on hospice, send me a PM, and I volunteer an expert. She thinks we are all crazy for liking the Bills like we do, but she understands our mental disease.  

Most hospices are incredible and a much better way to receive end of life care than anything you will get in a hospital

or on your own. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Like (+1) 2