Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Joe Marino (Locked on Bills): Two names he is hearing in 1st for Bills: Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf

Recommended Posts

I'd be more on board with Williams at 9, but like others, I don't think he falls that far.  If we're high on Metcalf, I would prefer a trade-back.  I just don't see him as I top 10 pick.  Just me, though...

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TOboy said:

 

Given all the talk of his short arms and likely having to move inside, that would be surprising. 

His arms are like 1/8 inch shorter than Dillard and people aren’t questioning him at OT. I mean I just think if a guy can play he can play. 

 

I think Jax is going to take him though

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

His arms are like 1/8 inch shorter than Dillard and people aren’t questioning him at OT. I mean I just think if a guy can play he can play. 

Less concerned about his arm length more concerned about actual NFL Quality DE schooling him in the National Championship Game

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OL at 9 wouldn't bother me. Perhaps the quickest path to improving Allen's play and taking advantage of his strengths is to build a strong offensive line.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I think he meant JONAH Williams.  Not Quinnen.

 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Unless Jonah is now a DT the poster meant Q Williams as he specifically mentions DT

 

No, I meant Jonah, but also said I recognized the need for a DT, so my bad - I guess my meaning was a bit unclear.

 

If Quinnen Williams is there at #9, I think we don’t walk to the podium, we run!

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Less concerned about his arm length more concerned about actual NFL Quality DE schooling him in the National Championship Game

Williams schooled Ferrell several times in that game as well. It was a good battle between two NFL 1st rounders

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie... I'm kind of warming up to the idea of Metcalf in the 1st, Risner in the 2nd and a Tight End in the 3rd, then go Defense in the middle rounds.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please not Metcalf 

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The lack of polish on Metcalf is concerning, but I will say one thing, the idea of Metcalf "Mossing" the league with Allen's arm and Brown keeping things honest on the other side is very intriguing.  

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

 

 

No, I meant Jonah, but also said I recognized the need for a DT, so my bad - I guess my meaning was a bit unclear.

 

If Quinnen Williams is there at #9, I think we don’t walk to the podium, we run!

.

OOO Ok tracking read it wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Would love for Metcalf to be the pick. We'll see. Ultimately I think it's him, Wilkins, Burns, or Gary.

 

I think the relative lack of smoke around DK given the Bills WR need and Beane's draft tendencies is interesting to me.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally think Jonah W is worth the 9th pick and Metcalf is a risk at 9. But there is a ton of smoke on metcalf to Bills. Can’t ignore that. I tried to ignore the smoke on Allen last year but it was all true.

I believe Metcalf is an option based on how Beane handled last year. He swung for the fences twice in the first. He took raw players with huge ceilings and pretty low floors. Metcalf is that player in this draft. I feel like Jonah is the exact opposite. He’s a safe player that will be good but never great.

  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The lack of polish on Metcalf is concerning, but I will say one thing, the idea of Metcalf "Mossing" the league with Allen's arm and Brown keeping things honest on the other side is very intriguing.  

I think it’s fair to presume that the Bills really like Metcalf. It’s also fair to presume that if a few of these guys were there at 9, he wouldn’t be the pick there because Oliver or Jonah (or others) would be higher on their board overall. But that if they got a great offer to move down, perhaps NYG or Redskins who need a QB, he could be their BPA there, at 15 or 17. I could also see them trading back into the 1st for him. I am starting to believe that they really want him. I’m less convinced he would be their BPA at 9. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, and just speculating here:  IF this is true, could we see a Jonah Williams at 9 and N'Keal Harris at 40?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I believe Metcalf is an option based on how Beane handled last year. He swung for the fences twice in the first. He took raw players with huge ceilings and pretty low floors. Metcalf is that player in this draft. I feel like Jonah is the exact opposite. He’s a safe player that will be good but never great.

I agree.  I think the draft is littered with players that have the same projection that Jonah Williams has.  And these OL can be had in both the 2nd-4th rounds.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

What exactly has Dalton Risner done in his career, that I'm unaware of, that makes him so great?

Have you ever said anything positive about any player or anything at all for that matter

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want in this order.

 

1. Ed Oliver

2. Christian Wilkins

3. TJ Hockenson 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s fair to presume that the Bills really like Metcalf. It’s also fair to presume that if a few of these guys were there at 9, he wouldn’t be the live there because Oliver or Jonah (or others) would be higher on their board overall. But that if they got a great offer to move down, perhaps NYG or Redskins who need a QB, he could be their BPA there, at 15 or 17. 

 

The Bengals call us and offer pick #72 to go from #11 to #9.  Take Haskins, Broncos take Lock at 10, Giants give us a nice package to go from 17 to 11 to get Jones.  Profit.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

The Bengals call us and offer pick #72 to go from #11 to #9.  Take Haskins, Broncos take Lock at 10, Giants give us a nice package to go from 17 to 11 to get Jones.  Profit.

I love the recent idea of Haskins to bengals. Great fit with Zach Taylor if he runs Mcvay offense. Can sit for a year behind dalton. Plus he’s not in our division and i neither like nor dislike the Bengals and will be almost always be able to root for Dwayne. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the recent idea of Haskins to bengals. Great fit with Zach Taylor if he runs Mcvay offense. Can sit for a year behind dalton. Plus he’s not in our division and i neither like nor dislike the Bengals and can almost always root for Dwayne. 

 

 

That would be one of my favorite non-Bills scenarios in the draft.  Maybe shift the conversation in CBus away from being 90% Browns with the occasional "oh yeah, the Bengals are a team in Ohio too".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

That would be one of my favorite non-Bills scenarios in the draft.  Maybe shift the conversation in CBus away from being 90% Browns with the occasional "oh yeah, the Bengals are a team in Ohio too".

Thank god. It’s been brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I believe Metcalf is an option based on how Beane handled last year. He swung for the fences twice in the first. He took raw players with huge ceilings and pretty low floors. Metcalf is that player in this draft. I feel like Jonah is the exact opposite. He’s a safe player that will be good but never great.

Metcalf is more of a superlative athlete than a football player. He wasn't even the most productive receiver on his own team. If the Bills wanted to use their first round pick on a receiver I would prefer Hockinson who not only is a receiving threat but also is a good blocker. Metcalf has a very limited route tree. I would rather use a second round pick on a receiver who is more adept at running routes and getting open. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bills draft Metcalf at #9 I'll root like hell for him, but I'm going in expecting the worst.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see them staying at 9 and drafting Jonah or Oliver. Then repeating last year move, trade back into the 1st and draft Metcalf or Harry depending on trade partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...