Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Joe Marino (Locked on Bills): Two names he is hearing in 1st for Bills: Jonah Williams, DK Metcalf

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

What exactly has Dalton Risner done in his career, that I'm unaware of, that makes him so great?

Have you ever said anything positive about any player or anything at all for that matter

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want in this order.

 

1. Ed Oliver

2. Christian Wilkins

3. TJ Hockenson 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s fair to presume that the Bills really like Metcalf. It’s also fair to presume that if a few of these guys were there at 9, he wouldn’t be the live there because Oliver or Jonah (or others) would be higher on their board overall. But that if they got a great offer to move down, perhaps NYG or Redskins who need a QB, he could be their BPA there, at 15 or 17. 

 

The Bengals call us and offer pick #72 to go from #11 to #9.  Take Haskins, Broncos take Lock at 10, Giants give us a nice package to go from 17 to 11 to get Jones.  Profit.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

The Bengals call us and offer pick #72 to go from #11 to #9.  Take Haskins, Broncos take Lock at 10, Giants give us a nice package to go from 17 to 11 to get Jones.  Profit.

I love the recent idea of Haskins to bengals. Great fit with Zach Taylor if he runs Mcvay offense. Can sit for a year behind dalton. Plus he’s not in our division and i neither like nor dislike the Bengals and will be almost always be able to root for Dwayne. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I love the recent idea of Haskins to bengals. Great fit with Zach Taylor if he runs Mcvay offense. Can sit for a year behind dalton. Plus he’s not in our division and i neither like nor dislike the Bengals and can almost always root for Dwayne. 

 

 

That would be one of my favorite non-Bills scenarios in the draft.  Maybe shift the conversation in CBus away from being 90% Browns with the occasional "oh yeah, the Bengals are a team in Ohio too".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

 

 

That would be one of my favorite non-Bills scenarios in the draft.  Maybe shift the conversation in CBus away from being 90% Browns with the occasional "oh yeah, the Bengals are a team in Ohio too".

Thank god. It’s been brutal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I believe Metcalf is an option based on how Beane handled last year. He swung for the fences twice in the first. He took raw players with huge ceilings and pretty low floors. Metcalf is that player in this draft. I feel like Jonah is the exact opposite. He’s a safe player that will be good but never great.

Metcalf is more of a superlative athlete than a football player. He wasn't even the most productive receiver on his own team. If the Bills wanted to use their first round pick on a receiver I would prefer Hockinson who not only is a receiving threat but also is a good blocker. Metcalf has a very limited route tree. I would rather use a second round pick on a receiver who is more adept at running routes and getting open. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bills draft Metcalf at #9 I'll root like hell for him, but I'm going in expecting the worst.

  • Like (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see them staying at 9 and drafting Jonah or Oliver. Then repeating last year move, trade back into the 1st and draft Metcalf or Harry depending on trade partner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Metcalf is a serious option - at the top half of Round 2.  My bold prediction is that he falls out of the first round entirely.  As far as his prospects go, I think he'll flame out like Stephen Hill.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Metcalf is more of a superlative athlete than a football player. He wasn't even the most productive receiver on his own team. If the Bills wanted to use their first round pick on a receiver I would prefer Hockinson who not only is a receiving threat but also is a good blocker. Metcalf has a very limited route tree. I would rather use a second round pick on a receiver who is more adept at running routes and getting open. 

 

 

Seems Hockenson is going to be hard pressed to get past both Jacksonville and Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eball said:

If the Bills draft Metcalf at #9 I'll root like hell for him, but I'm going in expecting the worst.

I would be more “excited” as a fan about metcalf than Jonah, but I’ve never been a “safe” player guy. Still think Jonah is more deserving of that 9 slot, though I’m convincing myself they won’t actually be drafting there because their top targets will be gone and teams are going to be clamoring to move up for QBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we draft a lineman high, someone we signed in FA would have to get cut right? Too many bodies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling Jonah Williams will go top 10, potentially even before the Bills pick at 9. I think he is play for the Giants at 6.

 

I think the Jaguars are in play for Hockenson at 7. Foles needs to have a legitimate TE and Hockenson is that guy.

 

I can see the Lions taking Ed Oliver at 8, if he slips that far.

 

My top 8 is Murray - Q. Williams - Bosa - Allen - White - J. Williams - Hockenson - Oliver

 

Montez Sweat appears to be falling and it appears doubtful that teams want to trade up before our slot to get Lock or Haskins.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

OL at 9 wouldn't bother me. Perhaps the quickest path to improving Allen's play and taking advantage of his strengths is to build a strong offensive line.

 

There is definitely merit to that. Allen's strengths include throwing it down field....down field passes take time to develop. Put a wall in front of him giving another 1-2 seconds and even less talented receivers can start to get open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally think Jonah W is worth the 9th pick and Metcalf is a risk at 9. But there is a ton of smoke on metcalf to Bills. Can’t ignore that. I tried to ignore the smoke on Allen last year but it was all true.

I like Williams but I think Dilliard will end up a LT and Williams a G.  Williams would be a pro bowl caliber guard though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If we draft a lineman high, someone we signed in FA would have to get cut right? Too many bodies.

It’s a complete rebuild on the OL. Outside of Center, I believe every other starting job on the OL will be competed for in TC. May the best men at each spot win. If Jonah is drafted, he could play anywhere. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I'm hearing its between player A and player B with player A having a slight edge because A comes before B

 

 

Thanks for your insightful post.  It is much appreciated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...