Feels like Pick 9 is no-mans land

2 hours ago, foreboding said:

Unless a blue-chip falls, the Bills are likely to have a pool of players who could just as easily be there at a later pick, 12 or 14. Without some luck (QB who might stir a trade or another Blue chip falls) I do not love our position. 

Personally I really hope Beane either goes for a blue-chip by expending some of this years draft capital or trades down.

I know we have been discussing this in various threads, but what are your thoughts?

Who are your blue chip prospects?

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

How would you like be in the Giants position?  They clearly need a QB and passed on a bunch last year, and the BPA at 6 will probably be a DL or LB.  

My brother is a Giants fan in CT. Most sources (for what they're worth) are claiming the team is going defense and will ride Eli this year and possibly extend him for next year.

22 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I can see Green Bay trading up for Hock.   He's be the perfect weapon for Rogers...

Rodgers is not a big thrower to tight ends and LeFleur's background isn't full of offenses that use them. Think Green Bay would have to feel he is clearly the best offensive weapon in the draft to go that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, foreboding said:

Unless a blue-chip falls, the Bills are likely to have a pool of players who could just as easily be there at a later pick, 12 or 14. Without some luck (QB who might stir a trade or another Blue chip falls) I do not love our position. 

Personally I really hope Beane either goes for a blue-chip by expending some of this years draft capital or trades down.

I know we have been discussing this in various threads, but what are your thoughts?

We'll be just fine.  We may not have the best pick at 9 but I feel like we have the best picker in Brandon Beane.  But don't take my word for it...

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

We'll be just fine.  We may not have the best pick at 9 but I feel like we have the best picker in Brandon Beane.  But don't take my word for it...

Oddball...great movie, great clip.  Also liked, "We have a loudspeaker here, and when we go into battle we play music, very loud. It kind of... calms us down."

Amazing to think that since 2006, the Bills have entered the first round picking between 8 and 12 in ten out of thirteen years.  That's some consistency.  And those picks ended up as Whitner, Lynch, McKelvin, Maybin, Spiller and Gilmore.  They traded out of their pick in 2013, 2014, and 2017.   

3 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

Hock is an option. Devin White is an option. WR is an option. I think we're going BPA... Hard to say who it will be, there's 8 teams in front of us with a mind of their own.

I know what you are saying.  I'm saying with the amount of DL talent in the top10 and a perceived need for DL it has a good chance of being a DL selection.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I think too many people are way overthinking the draft.

DL has not been addressed in FA (yet).

Beane knows the draft has a lot of DLs early.  He has an early pick.

Odds are he picks a DL at #9.

You are probably spot on.  This is especially if more than one QB goes within the top 8.  The Bills should have a very good pick where they sit.  

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

You are probably spot on.  This is especially if more than one QB goes within the top 8.  The Bills should have a very good pick where they sit.  

Watching the picks come of the board will be a lot of fun this year.

Last year it was nuts with QB issue.