Sign in to follow this  
Mark92

Raiders Release Jordy Nelson

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, QCity said:

Do you know what the problem is with judging a player based on highlight videos? All they show is highlights. I mean, Kelvin Benjamin has a highlight video out too.

Kelvin Benjamin has never been at the level of Jordy. Jordy's highlight video showed separation and times when he was on an island by himself when get caught the ball. Kelvin Benjamin never got open like that. He had 63 catches last year and a couple 8 or 9 catch games

Edited by Buffalo03

11 hours ago, QCity said:

His tank looked pretty empty last year. He really lost a few steps. I don't think you are going to see a resurgence at 34.

Rodney Harrison Pats juice can save him.

The Raiders paid him a $3.6 mil. roster bonus in December. It's not my money, but that's not how you run an organization.

16 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Someone needs to ask @Ice bowl 67 if GB would like to have him back for the twilight of his career now? Aaron might. 

I am virtually positive this is where he ends up. Rodgers was not happy that they let him go in the first place.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure.   Seems a bit redundant with Beasley and Kroft and whomever we draft.   I see him in GB back with Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

The Raiders paid him a $3.6 mil. roster bonus in December. It's not my money, but that's not how you run an organization.

It's how you run the Raiders!!!!

2 hours ago, peterpan said:

Bring him in! 38 catches in the final 5 games this year.  

there is that.  He could be a good add if the speed is still there.  has great hands, which is a plus catching 100 mph balls from allen!

Posted (edited)

Report: Former Packers great Nelson retiring

Rob Demovsky ESPN Staff Writer

Wide receiver Jordy Nelson, one of cornerstones of the Green Bay Packers offense for a decade, is retiring from the NFL after playing last year for the Oakland Raiders.

Nelson, who turns 34 on May 31, became a free agent when the Raiders released him on March 14 after just one season with the team.

James Jones, his former Packers teammate, first reported Nelson's decision on NFL Network.

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Posted (edited)

When & where  would they  play him? Bills have Foster, Jones, Duke, Brown,Beasley, Roberts, McKenzie; i dont think they need Nelson

Edited by Georgie

Retired. 

But don't worry everyone. I am sure more washed up wide receivers with recognizable names Will be released before the season starts. So i’m sure there’s still plenty of pining left to do! lol (j/k) 

Posted (edited)

To those that say he can't play any more, do some reading before you post and not just reading other posts here that say he has nothing left. I don't recall any of you calling for the Bills to release Kyle last year when he had even less  gas left.  Or you can just make $#;[] up, I suppose. We were talking about a 1 year deal. It's hardly Nelson's fault the Raiders sucked last year. He probably retired because playing for Gruden was such a letdownLOL.

Edited by GreggTX

5 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

To those that say he can't play any more, do some reading before you post and not just reading other posts here that say he has nothing left. I don't recall any of you calling for the Bills to release Kyle last year when he had even less  gas left.  Or you can just make $#;[] up, I suppose. We were talking about a 1 year deal. It's hardly Nelson's fault the Raiders sucked last year. He probably retired because playing for Gruden was such a letdownLOL.

I believe that by retiring, Jordy himself is saying he can't play any more.  But go on with your crusade.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

I remember thinking that 2008 WR class was going to be nuts!

Jordy Neslon

James Hardy

Limas Sweed

Malcolm Kelly

Devin Thomas 

Donnie Avery

Eddie Royal

Jerome Simpson

Desean Jackson...

I'm probably forgetting a couple of guys.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

I look at it this way...is he a player that can change the scoreboard numbers?Is he capable of being that 'guy' who gets us into the playoffs? I see Brown,Beasley,Foster and Jones being the top 4 right now..add in Anthony Johnson and that's a deep group.He's a name now...and not much more.jmho.

I’ve heard of him.. but his best years are in the rear view mirror.

Will always remember that drop he had vs the  Bills when we beat the Pack that one year. 

On 3/14/2019 at 6:42 PM, Buffalo03 said:

I wouldn't mind bringing him in on a one year deal. Good lockerroom guy to have. Obviously not what he once was but just two seasons ago he was still Aaron Rodgers favorite target. Why not?

Yea and have him retire before the season begins... no thanks.

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

He has nothing left.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Jordy Neslon

James Hardy

Limas Sweed

Malcolm Kelly

Devin Thomas 

Donnie Avery

Eddie Royal

Jerome Simpson

Desean Jackson...

.....nicely done....RIP James Hardy.....a tragedy.........

Will be 34 in 2 months

3 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Jordy Neslon

James Hardy

Limas Sweed

Malcolm Kelly

Devin Thomas 

Donnie Avery

Eddie Royal

Jerome Simpson

Desean Jackson...

This years class seems very similar.... Round 2 lottery. 

I can see him going to the Cheaters. 

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

And now he retires

Damn!  Got that in there too late.