How can we not be all in on Metcalf now?

Metcalf scares me and I wouldn't draft him early. Lack of production and feel like he is an injury waiting to happen.

I think there will be a number of WRs to choose in the 2nd.

Would love to trade back some and pick up extra 2nd rounder if possible. Then grab a C and WR with both picks.

Edited by billieve420

20 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Metcalf Schmetcalf.     Gimme David Sills V or N’ Keal Harry 

I really like David Sills. As a former quarterback, he understand the passing game and route combinations better than most recievers. 

2 hours ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

If you can't cut <bam>, if you can't separate <wow>, how can you be a #1 NFL WR in this league?

Quickness is everything.  Metcalf is not a nine pick.

That's the biggest knock on Metcalf, with that slow 3 cone drill it looks like he's got sluggish feet which will kill him running the route tree. He'd be great on long "Go" routes for Josh Allen but probably not much of anything else. His name is popping up on Bills #9 picks.  I honestly feel the safer pick is go for Jonah Williams or Juwaan Taylor. Then target wrs in rounds 2-3.

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's the biggest knock on Metcalf, with that slow 3 cone drill it looks like he's got sluggish feet which will kill him running the route tree. He'd be great on long "Go" routes for Josh Allen but probably not much of anything else. His name is popping up on Bills #9 picks.  I honestly feel the safer pick is go for Jonah Williams or Juwaan Taylor. Then target wrs in rounds 2-3.

The problem is, Metcalf’s tape, albeit limited, doesn’t back up him being a “slow” WR at all. I think it’s more likely he was nervous, tight, slipping, you name it during his cone drills. His per game production is perfectly fine for a WR of his age. In fact, he was more productive than Julio Jones at his age. 

That being said, I’m still wary of him at 9. I won’t hate the pick, but I won’t love it either. It doesn’t have anything to do with his production moreso his injury history. I’m always super wary of guys who can’t stay healthy even in college. In addition to that, this is a deep WR class. Your going to get a good one in the 2nd, maybe even 3rd. So I will advocate not going WR at 9. 

Edited by Bills2ref

10 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:
Over the past two seasons, 71% of D.K. Metcalf's yards have come on just two routes (the go route or hitch).

Was just about to post this. Very telling.

All of the signs of high but potential are there:

1. Barely ran a route tree

2. Combine measurables and physique vastly more impressive than actual production on a football field

3. Had a serious neck injury his senior season
4. Great straight line speed, but very little suddenness or change of direction ability

Note: I am NOT saying that he can't or won't become a good or great NFL player. I am simply saying that the combination of the above factors indicate that he may not live up his potential. "Combine Hero" WRs whose measurables outweigh their production are not usually my cup of tea.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Was just about to post this. Very telling.

All of the signs of high but potential are there:

1. Barely ran a route tree

2. Combine measurables and physique vastly more impressive than actual production on a football field

3. Had a serious neck injury his senior season
4. Great straight line speed, but very little suddenness or change of direction ability

Note: I am NOT saying that he can't or won't become a good or great NFL player. I am simply saying that the combination of the above factors indicate that he may not live up his potential. "Combine Hero" WRs whose measurables outweigh their production are not usually my cup of tea.

So #3. DK is only a sophomore. Just another reason to pass. 

• Like (+1) 1

Why all the chatter of being an injury threat? He had all of one injury at Ole Miss and that was a neck injury. Doctor has cleared him to resume playing. In his limited tape you were able to see his deep speed and his superb catch radius. Is he boom or bust? Maybe, but if he is boom then Josh will have a go to receiver for years to come. If I were in DK's, I'd reach out to Steve Smith Sr or Eric Moulds to workout with him and teach him the nuisances of being a NFL receiver

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

you can play it safe and be good or take chances and be great

On 3/3/2019 at 9:06 AM, JustWinPlease said:

I'm all in...he would make a perfect match with Josh Allen.

He has the speed for Allen's arm, and he has the catch radius for Allen's arm.

I would take DK Metcalf in the 1st round, and then trade into the end of the 1st round for Noah Fant. (Get veteran OL in free agency.)

'the catch radius'...that is very good...in other words he can catch allen's inaccurate throws