Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reed83HOF

Sal C: Bellicheck looking for McVay on the sidelines before the rams first drive - possible "tell"?

Recommended Posts

To see the reaction when they Unleashed the Pats d-line in full attack and watched Goff squeak and crumble

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

 

 

 

66yr Bill isnt stealing any “tells” from Mcvay at over 50yds away when he cant even find him on the sidelines to begin with (understandably so). 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

 

 

 

No one has less respect for Belicheck than me but this is an absurd thought. He might be playing mind games and trying to stare him down but anything further is specualting for the sake speculating.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

No one has less respect for Belicheck than me but this is an absurd thought. He might be playing mind games and trying to stare him down but anything further is specualting for the sake speculating.

 

 

It would be absurd if there was another reason to look at him. McVay wouldn't have even noticed being stared down from that distance.

 

One thing you can be sure of is that Belichick in that situation isn't wasting time with something irrelevant. He's doing this for a reason and I can't think of another good reason to find McVay on the sidelines.

 

Tells don't have to be tiny little things like the trembling of an eyelid at the poker table. Maybe he makes eye contact with one coach if it's a run call and another if it's a pass, for example. Some things might be very easy to see from  far away.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Meh 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has BB earned himself the benefit of the doubt when it comes to never pushing any boundaries or not being willing to break the rules, one has to ask? If the answer is “no,” then there must be some kind of an unconventional nefarious angle, otherwise why would he be so concerned about McVay’s whereabouts at that moment? If the answer is “yes,” then he must’ve just been trying to be neighborly and flash McVay one of his customary in game smiles.

 

Also seemed like “Josh” was helping with spotting duties, but hey, I’m sure nothing to see here. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick pry sent him texts all year about the need for balance with his running backs.  Just making sure he got that pregame one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if it was a tell then where is the audio of Bill saying, guys i just saw him touch his left ear, its a run to the left?

 

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's interesting, isn't it?

 

Anxiously trying to visually identify the opposing head coach on the sideline?  Why?  What's he up to?

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's definitely up to something.  But, I think stealing hand signals is probably fair game.  Or "tells"

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the part where we pretend only the Patriots look for any competitive advantage they can get?

  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belichick has a entire dept dedicated to intelligence gathering led by Ernie Adams & now being assisted by Sean Harrington an MIT programmer who turned down jobs at Google & Amazon. 

 

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/ernie-adams-berj-najarian-sean-harrington-nick-caserio-patriots.html

 

Meanwhile it seems the Bills have guys crunching numbers on abacuses.

 

If you say Belichick, whose father was a 30 year scout for the Naval Academy and wrote a infamous book on it, doesn’t treat this as war you’re missing the point. Belichick’s entire operation is based on studying the opponent & out prepping them. 

 

The only way you beat a superior coached team is knowing they are already know your every hand. You have to play different & must hit them unconventionally.

 

Installing gadget plays is nice, but so to is declaring war on his best players & hitting them late after the pass has left their hand. Brady never gets hit, so why not crush him 3 seconds after it’s out? Why not grab Brady and body slam his head into the field turf? Why not accidentally ‘trip’ and take a shot at his unguarded right knee? Why not have two guys hold up Edelman & have another guy take out his surgically repaired knee? 

 

To beat Belichick you need to have a long game approach & also an asymmetrical approach. Hindering his plans by taking out his best soliders is a good plan. 

 

Everything must be different because if you give this guy two weeks to prepare and you run the same stuff you are dead. 

 

  

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He once knew a fake punt was coming by watching the coaches on the sidelines. Chris Simms talked about it on his podcast. He's trying to get a similar read on McVay here.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Is this the part where we pretend only the Patriots look for any competitive advantage they can get?

No, they should be universally applauded for sometimes not getting caught. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell all. Must be the reason why he agreed to be mic'd up. Go figure.

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Belichick has a entire dept dedicated to intelligence gathering led by Ernie Adams & now being assisted by Sean Harrington an MIT programmer who turned down jobs at Google & Amazon. 

 

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/ernie-adams-berj-najarian-sean-harrington-nick-caserio-patriots.html

 

Meanwhile it seems the Bills have guys crunching numbers on abacuses.

 

If you say Belichick, whose father was a 30 year scout for the Naval Academy and wrote a infamous book on it, doesn’t treat this as war you’re missing the point. Belichick’s entire operation is based on studying the opponent & out prepping them. 

 

The only way you beat a superior coached team is knowing they are already know your every hand. You have to play different & must hit them unconventionally.

 

Installing gadget plays is nice, but so to is declaring war on his best players & hitting them late after the pass has left their hand. Brady never gets hit, so why not crush him 3 seconds after it’s out? Why not grab Brady and body slam his head into the field turf? Why not accidentally ‘trip’ and take a shot at his unguarded right knee? Why not have two guys hold up Edelman & have another guy take out his surgically repaired knee? 

 

To beat Belichick you need to have a long game approach & also an asymmetrical approach. Hindering his plans by taking out his best soliders is a good plan. 

 

Everything must be different because if you give this guy two weeks to prepare and you run the same stuff you are dead. 

 

  

Scary, intense, and mostly illegal. But, I'm in...

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

He once knew a fake punt was coming by watching the coaches on the sidelines. Chris Simms talked about it on his podcast. He's trying to get a similar read on McVay here.

That's too obvious.  We want our conspiracy damn it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ask yourself, is the Patriots defense that good this year to hold McVeigh's offense to only 3 points?  Now everyone can have a bad game.  I admit this clip seems very far fetched but they have been caught doing things against the rules in the past. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can draft some guys on defense who like to hurt people like “Patriot Killer” Bernard Pollard or TJ Ward?

 

Safeties who played the game the old school Ronnie Lott way. I like Poyer and Hyde, but they don’t have the body type or playing style of hard hitting safeties that scare the hell of opposing teams receivers.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While I despise cheating generally, the NFL has traditionally been ok with anything that can be done by humans.

 

Coaches routinely hold play cards up in front of their face when making calls, to avoid being lip read.

 

Body language, in respect of how players set themselves, has given teams advantages over the years, whether it is something that gives away what D is coming, or whether it's going to be run or pass. Imho, this sort of thing is fair game.

 

If McVay needed to use hand signals to Goff for anything, then that falls within the compass. The more interesting thing would be if there's film that shows Belicheck watching McVay on the vast majority of the Rams offensive snaps. If he is, then you can probably guarantee he's found a 'tell'.

 

As others have pointed out, the best way to beat Belicheck, is by doing the unexpected, regularly, and in both halves of the game.

 

Ultimately, teams need to have play books that are very adaptable, and the players need to know how to adapt quickly. The Patsies can, and do this, regularly, and it's why they are such a tough team to beat.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If thats the case then Id tip my hat to BB and crew for putting that much research and film study.  Now an official near the LA huddle was texting him the play call, I would have an issue with that. 

 

I for one am done wasting so much effort following a team that is not my own.  We have become a sad bunch of stalkers (self included).  

 

Now Ill probably be whining about them tomorrow Lol.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did the same thing against Seattle. Just before the Butler interception Carrol thought he was going to take a timeout. When Bill didnt he had to scramble.

All made possible just by looking across the field to see what Pete was doing.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Belichick has a entire dept dedicated to intelligence gathering led by Ernie Adams & now being assisted by Sean Harrington an MIT programmer who turned down jobs at Google & Amazon. 

 

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/ernie-adams-berj-najarian-sean-harrington-nick-caserio-patriots.html

 

Meanwhile it seems the Bills have guys crunching numbers on abacuses.

 

If you say Belichick, whose father was a 30 year scout for the Naval Academy and wrote a infamous book on it, doesn’t treat this as war you’re missing the point. Belichick’s entire operation is based on studying the opponent & out prepping them. 

 

The only way you beat a superior coached team is knowing they are already know your every hand. You have to play different & must hit them unconventionally.

 

Installing gadget plays is nice, but so to is declaring war on his best players & hitting them late after the pass has left their hand. Brady never gets hit, so why not crush him 3 seconds after it’s out? Why not grab Brady and body slam his head into the field turf? Why not accidentally ‘trip’ and take a shot at his unguarded right knee? Why not have two guys hold up Edelman & have another guy take out his surgically repaired knee? 

 

To beat Belichick you need to have a long game approach & also an asymmetrical approach. Hindering his plans by taking out his best soliders is a good plan. 

 

Everything must be different because if you give this guy two weeks to prepare and you run the same stuff you are dead. 

 

  

 

I think everything about this post -- minus the intentionally injuring players stuff -- is pretty spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...