Sean Payton the legend

CommonCents

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

I hate that guy.

If it weren't for Brees they'd be at the bottom of my list just above the Pats for whiniest fans and most annoying sports city.

huh? just the opposite my friend.

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Not true. When the Saints got a first down at the 13, the Rams had two TOs and there was 1:58 left on the clock. Assuming 2 seven-second plays, then running down the clock to the end, and the then the 4 seconds it takes to kick a FG, the Rams would have gotten the ball with roughly 1:00 left. 

But would not have had any timeouts left, which were a factor on that last drive.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sean Payton is such an arrogant jerk. He’s a great football coach (terrible husband). 

Great coach with a HOF QB and just 1 SB a decade ago to show for it.  A bit underwhelming when the great choice on Sunday will have won 6 of them and played in 9 Super Bowls.

Edited by BillyWhiteShows
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m sure Goodell is crying himself to sleep tonight knowing that a head coach disapproves of his job ?

4 hours ago, Idandria said:

Why is he taking cheap shots at the Commish? The refs botched the PI call, not him. Take the issue up with the zebras. 

He seems to be missing the point going after Goodell. 

I assume he thinks the commissioner should have taken the absolutely unprecedented, and dangerous, step of replaying the game with the no call enforced as a call. 

Edited by Bills2ref

Not sure who the bigger douche is, Brees or Payton. I’ll have to ask Joe D, but I suspect he will answer Brees, whom he called called a “POS” during the last CBA negotiations. 

Payton and the Saints get ZERO sympathy from me given the heartache we’ve suffered over the years. This whiny bull crap is a loser’s lament. Nothing more.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You realize, of course, that if the Saints just ran the ball three times, they could've kicked a FG with 15 like seconds left and the Rams would've had no timeouts remaining, right?

Hey man, dont ruin this with facts !! :D

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sean Payton is such an arrogant jerk. He’s a great football coach (terrible husband). 

didn't know you two were married :devil:  

10 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Not true. When the Saints got a first down at the 13, the Rams had two TOs and there was 1:58 left on the clock. Assuming 2 seven-second plays, then running down the clock to the end, and the then the 4 seconds it takes to kick a FG, the Rams would have gotten the ball with roughly 1:00 left. 

Correct, it would have been a minute left.   I imagine that's why they threw on first down.  And if you're going to throw it, that was the right down to do it, as it was open but Brees threw it in the dirt and from there the die was cast.

That's the additional risk you introduce when throw the ball rather than run it.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, eball said:

The Saints have kind of been my NFC "team" but I have to say the reaction of fans/players/coaches to the non-call has been absolutely ridiculous.  Grow up and move on.  The Saints had every opportunity to still win that ballgame.

It's not like you had refs blow a play that literally ended the game...mumble mumble mumble...

As the Rams have pointed out, just before that the refs didn't call the roughing passer hit to the head that the Saints clearly committed against Goff that would have turned the game the other way.

It's not like the Saints are the only team that's ever had the refs not call a penalty. Quit whining, Saints fans.

10 hours ago, 416BillsFan said:

I like Brees, most of the Saints players, and their fans are great. Never liked Payton, even before Bountygate. He comes off like that sour-faced jerk at work found in every office. His Lyvia Soprano-esq "lord take me now" martyrdom has only gotten more nauseating since the NFC Championship game. I'd sooner watch a Jeff Fisher team play against a team with a cloned Jeff Fisher as their coach than hear more musings from Sean on this matter.

This.

Love the Saints, except for Payton. Good fans too. But they've been acting like martyrs over this. Get over it.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You realize, of course, that if the Saints just ran the ball three times, they could've kicked a FG with 15 like seconds left and the Rams would've had no timeouts remaining, right?

I mean sure, but the refs could've also called the obvious penalty. It wasn't even close to debatable.

Lord knows if the Bills got screwed out of a Super Bowl we wouldn't just casually accept it & move on. There'd be rioting in the streets.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BigDingus said:

I mean sure, but the refs could've also called the obvious penalty. It wasn't even close to debatable.

Lord knows if the Bills got screwed out of a Super Bowl we wouldn't just casually accept it & move on. There'd be rioting in the streets.

We are not over the music city screwjob. We are the last fanbase in a position to be giving "get over it" advice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

If only this were true.

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Correct, it would have been a minute left.   I imagine that's why they threw on first down.  And if you're going to throw it, that was the right down to do it, as it was open but Brees threw it in the dirt and from there the die was cast.

That's the additional risk you introduce when throw the ball rather than run it.

The usual strategy is to run on 1st down and if you can get some yardage, on second down too. Then decide whether to pass or run on third down based on your situation. I know it’s conservative but you manage the clock the best way you can and you give your OL and RB a chance to win the game for you.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

We are not over the music city screwjob. We are the last fanbase in a position to be giving "get over it" advice. 

This 100 times. Christ, I am still not over “just give it to ‘em.” That call screwed up the Bills playoff seeding that season.

• Like (+1) 2