Sean Payton the legend

CommonCents

8 minutes ago, Da webster guy said:

I hate that guy.

If it weren't for Brees they'd be at the bottom of my list just above the Pats for whiniest fans and most annoying sports city.

nicest fans i've ever come across at games. you couldn't be more wrong

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Sean Payton is such an arrogant jerk. He’s a great football coach (terrible husband). 

I don’t like him or Brees. It’s a legendary troll job and he is one of the few guys that won’t back down to the league. I respect that. 

52 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

You realize, of course, that if the Saints just ran the ball three times, they could've kicked a FG with 15 like seconds left and the Rams would've had no timeouts remaining, right?

Not true. When the Saints got a first down at the 13, the Rams had two TOs and there was 1:58 left on the clock. Assuming 2 seven-second plays, then running down the clock to the end, and the then the 4 seconds it takes to kick a FG, the Rams would have gotten the ball with roughly 1:00 left. 

• Like (+1) 1

Did Roger tell him to blow a 13-0 lead at home?

Did Roger tell Brees to toss a pick in OT to lose the game?

Did Roger tell him not to simply run it 3 times and win with a FG?

Asking for a friend...

Saints are lucky NRC didn't just turn around and catch the ball for a pick 6

They still should have won.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Did Roger tell him to blow a 13-0 lead at home?

Did Roger tell Brees to toss a pick in OT to lose the game?

Did Roger tell him not to simply run it 3 times and win with a FG?

Asking for a friend...

Saints are lucky NRC didn't just turn around and catch the ball for a pick 6

They still should have won.

I understand what you mean, but the problem with this is that it was a close game, as it's supposed to be when you have two of the top 4 teams playing. Every play matters. Every Snap matters. Every yard matters. That's the beauty of the NFL is that it is still an every given sunday sport because each and every factor matters. Both teams made mistakes, both teams did things right. It came down to one play where the Rams made the mistake of not covering the flat, and the Saints did the right thing of seeing it and exploiting it. It should have ended the game, but instead it didn't and it reset the clock on the every given play. After that, the Saints should have won in OT, but they never should have been in OT to begin with. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Saints have kind of been my NFC "team" but I have to say the reaction of fans/players/coaches to the non-call has been absolutely ridiculous.  Grow up and move on.  The Saints had every opportunity to still win that ballgame.

It's not like you had refs blow a play that literally ended the game...mumble mumble mumble...

So he's too chicken s*** to just wear the t-shirt, but just shows a very small slice of it and I'm supposed to be impressed by how "legendary" he is.  Looks more like a guy who's pretending to be edgy but too scared to actually do it.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I understand what you mean, but the problem with this is that it was a close game, as it's supposed to be when you have two of the top 4 teams playing. Every play matters. Every Snap matters. Every yard matters. That's the beauty of the NFL is that it is still an every given sunday sport because each and every factor matters. Both teams made mistakes, both teams did things right. It came down to one play where the Rams made the mistake of not covering the flat, and the Saints did the right thing of seeing it and exploiting it. It should have ended the game, but instead it didn't and it reset the clock on the every given play. After that, the Saints should have won in OT, but they never should have been in OT to begin with. 

Precisely the reason you run the ball in the red zone and play the clock. 

That non-call was egregious, but that’s not why they lost the game. There was zero reason to pass the ball even one time, let alone three. 

42 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I don’t like him or Brees. It’s a legendary troll job and he is one of the few guys that won’t back down to the league. I respect that. 

They are pretty phony. I have plenty of stories of both of them because I had a good friend that played with them. I got to know a bunch of the guys pretty well. They loved those guys but those guys are not without flaws.