Barnwell has Bills at 6 wins in 2019

13 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Barnwell ought to drop a large one on that prediction is he's so sure. Haven't the Bills outperformed preseason win predictions the last few years?

Promo, the only thing missing above is...

"mic drop...Promo walks away"

Edit:

Here is the thing, even if Allen makes no improvement whatsoever (and I find that very unlikely as he improved throughout the year), just from the stand point of this team being better at certain positions I think they will be better...8-8....again, this is if Allen doesn't improve at all.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Its hard to hate on the guy.  I can see why the outside media has such low expectations for the Bills.  Its not like Free Agency or the draft will even matter.  Every team in the league gets to improve through those means, nullifying whatever competitive advantage we can foresee, and free agents and rookies rarely make the differnce.  My only gripe, perhaps, is that he doesn't give enough credit to the jump QBs make from year one to year two.  But I can't fault him for having a hard time seeing this happen.  

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They dumped a guy so it's an improvement? 

uh Yes. 

I can probably (with accuracy) say that KB single handily lost 2 or 3 games with his horrible play  

The Coaching Staff and FO are attempting to fix what mistakes they made  so it's an improvement 

• Like (+1) 1

Bill Barnwell:

This is merely trying to estimate what Vegas will set as the average expectation for each of the league's 32 teams in 2019 this spring.

OP has taken this completely out of context. Bill Barnwell went out of his way to emphasize that he was NOT predicting 2019 performance but that he was trying to predict Vegas opening.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

uh Yes. 

I can probably (with accuracy) say that KB single handily lost 2 or 3 games with his horrible play  

The guys who were around in Carolina, when he was fat and out of shape, traded for him.  Why are we so sure they won’t make the same mistake again?

im good with them on defensive moves but it’s just assumed they will be better on offense.  They have been awful with that. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Predicting the Bills' W-L record in year three of McBeane's tenure based upon 17 years of results they had nothing to do with is about as short-sighted as you can get.

A "logical" W-L prediction at this point would be 8-8.

As a former homer, I’ve made the same argument for each of the last Bills regime’s 3rd year. 

15 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Anyone predicting a team's win total without even knowing the roster construction of the Bills or their opponents is a fool or an idiot.  Maybe both.

There are soo many things wrong with doing predictions this early but for starters:

-Roster Uncertainty across the board

-Unexpected retirements

-Teams schedules never reflect the true strength until the season is completed

Looking at the Bills schedule next year its pretty easy to make an argument they should win 10 games assuming the proper additions are made. Just schedule wise alone they should win 4 of 6 in the AFCE with Miami rebuilding, beat DEN/WSH/CIN/BAL at home, and find a way to win 2 of these four NYG/DAL/TEN/CLE.

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

There are soo many things wrong with doing predictions this early but for starters:

-Roster Uncertainty across the board

-Unexpected retirements

-Teams schedules never reflect the true strength until the season is completed

Looking at the Bills schedule next year its pretty easy to make an argument they should win 10 games assuming the proper additions are made. Just schedule wise alone they should win 4 of 6 in the AFCE with Miami rebuilding, beat DEN/WSH/CIN/BAL at home, and find a way to win 2 of these four NYG/DAL/TEN/CLE.

Not everything is going to go right. Bills need almost a full offensive roster rebuild. There just isnt that much in fa and out of those 10 draft picks. 7 of them are on day 3. It would be a good season if the Bills win 2 extra games

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

In reality three wins seemed very optimistic at early points in the  season.

easy to say now that you knew it would be such a triumphant compiling of all those wins..... ?

Bills were reduced to sending Derek ***** Anderson out there to take on the Pats.  And some people on here weren’t laughing.

I'm not patting myself on the back here or using hindsight. Plenty of people knew that the Bills would not be the worst team in the league.

14 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

the over / under is 8 with today's roster based on how they exited the last quarter of the season; clearly it is 9 post-draft and FA as they are not losing anyone (other than Kyle) to FA this year who matters.  So its only gain in terms of next years roster vs the roster that performed well for the last 4 games.  

I'd go play next years schedule with the current roster and probably win 8 games.  The only thing that happened bad this year was they needed about 3 or 4 more games to play....

Trust the Process.   Barring serious injuries to irreplaceable players like QB or half your o line  (which trashes any teams season) , next year is going to be great. 

"Only gain".  So there is no chance anyone performs at a lesser level in 2019 than 2018?