Buffalo's reputation amongst free agents

clayboy54

I cant believe a thread where a guy cites his wife was working out with Tyler Eiferts dad, and he goes on about facilities has gone on this long.

None of the responses have any sources, as far as how bad the locker rooms or facilities are. This thread is grade a garbage. 

Who is this guy and his wife recruiting free agents to Buffalo, and why does he think he is anyone that a free agent would listen to?

If you actually met Eifferts dad, he probably was just saying stuff to be left alone.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I cant believe a thread where a guy cites his wife was working out with Tyler Eiferts dad, and he goes on about facilities has gone on this long.

None of the responses have any sources, as far as how bad the locker rooms or facilities are. This thread is grade a garbage. 

Who is this guy and his wife recruiting free agents to Buffalo, and why does he think he is anyone that a free agent would listen to?

If you actually met Eifferts dad, he probably was just saying stuff to be left alone.

The video I posted above shows how good the facilities are. McD says the locker room is like the Hall of Fame.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, from_dunkirk said:

The video I posted above shows how good the facilities are. McD says the locker room is like the Hall of Fame.

I know they are good. They did the same thing the hockey team. I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm disagreeing with others talking about how they are worse than Oakland and a players vote in 06 said this but can't source it.

Can anyone explain to me why they started saying eiffert doesn't know what he is talking about or this, that, and the other about the dude based off the OP?

He said him and his wife always recruit FA's to come to Buffalo lol. Who has he recruited and why would they listen? It's borderline delusional.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

I can’t open it. Did they show the visitors’ locker room?

Has the visitors locker room been a thing? Or has it just been invented in this thread?

And edit- I'm pretty sure they don't show the visitors locker room I just didn't click because I think I watched the video when it was released. I know the Bills have a good facility. This thread seems like much ado about nothing.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

I think it comes down to the player. Either money or a chance at a Superbowl or even how the team is playing at the time. Like I bet free agent o lineman are telling thier agents to talk to Beane cuz the bills are gonna PAY some lineman if they are available. And with our rising star QB and lack of competition, receivers might be attracted to buffalo. But would any rbs be excited to come to buffalo after watching shady struggle? 

I think providing a good chance to win and excel at their position with good coaching will trump the facilities. Bills are not quite there yet. In a few years, if the Bills are good and Josh Allen is playing well, I think you’ll see guys taking a look at the Bills as a good place to land. 

14 hours ago, clayboy54 said:

Just this morning, my wife was working out with Greg Eiffert (Tyler's dad). Of course, we always try to encourage opportunities to land quality free agents. Greg argued that the Bills facilities are the worst in the league. Why would Tyler want to go there, he asked.

This is a good example of how poor the Bills reputation is among those players who have not spent time there. They just see the old stadium and assume everything else is outdated as well. We all know that is not at all the case. Going back to the Wilson regime, yes, it was the case. However, the Pegulas have spent a ton of money outfitting the facilities with state of the art technology. The is evidenced by the building of the new health and sports medicine facility that we learned about this past summer. I haven't been inside the facilities (except the fan-accessible portion) in many years, as I no longer reside in WNY. But, I do keep my eye on what's going on inside from my old friends that still work there.

Sure the stadium is old and spartan. It supports the economy of the region. But the players' facilities are first-class. Here, we worry about attracting free agents with comments like "who will come to Buffalo if we cut so-and-so", etc. Realistically, it is far more important to express to the rest of the country that we are committed to providing the best training and rehab facilities rather than whether or not they should like cold weather.

I found this very interesting. I'd enjoy hearing your comments.

His dad wouldn't know but his agent does and we have money and a  better QB, so they will come.

however Eiffert is injured a lot and wouldn't pay premium for him.

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

Whenever these arguments come up people always view through their personal lens and casually ignore the fact that they're not multimillionaire mega-athletes.

"That place has running water and air conditioning! I worked 20 years for air conditioning! What more do they expect?!"

It's not an accurate frame of reference in the slightest. 

Yep.

14 hours ago, eball said:

I guess that’s what an agent’s job is? 

Unless an agent has his own agenda between two or more close deals. I dont understand how nobody else can see a nice visiting locker room setting our perceived image apart from other teams. If anyone thinks a scummy visiting locker room is winning us game somehow than why hasnt it worked lol. No brainer money to spend here

15 hours ago, Doc said:

If the visiting locker room truly is terrible, that’s not smart on the part of the Bills and explains the attitude of other coaches and players.

you think we should make the other team comfortable?  F@&% 'em if they don't like it.

i think we should do like Hayden Fry and paint their locker room pink. It's a calming color.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Well, people can't clog this place up with multiple Tyrod threads anymore, so yea...  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Doc said:

If the visiting locker room truly is terrible, that’s not smart on the part of the Bills and explains the attitude of other coaches and players.

Maybe Ralph was from the Red Auerbach school of visitor accommodations.  The old Gawden was really hated by visiting players due to non -working heaters and cold water in the showers.  Of course that could’ve backfired by pissing players off and making retaliate on the court

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Nelius said:

But there are many (if not all) stadiums that have better visitor facilities. If you're a free agent with multiple options how does that not leave a more positive impression?  You're acting as if free agents have some motivation to really dig and get to know Buffalo, which just isn't realistic, especially if you have multiple options on the table...in warmer climates, in larger cities, with better visitor facilities that left a better impression on you.

My argument is that Buffalo already has some knocks against it - so why not overcompensate and provide the best facilities all-around? Control your controllables, ya know? I don't buy the argument that the visitor locker rooms needs to be a dump like it's some 1970's rural high school showdown. You're not playing mind games with professionals, you're just cultivating the impression that Buffalo is a dump. Just update, I don't refuse to see any valid argument against it.

Fixed it for you.

Since I'm the person that brought up the visiting locker room, let me make this clear:

My point was that it's easy to see how an opposing player would get the idea that Buffalo's facilities are lousy given the condition of what part of them they see.

I didn't say that the visiting locker room would or should prevent a FA from signing here, and I also made it clear that the facilities are among the nicest in the NFL.

I've seen a fair amount of confusion over my comments, so hopefully that clears it up.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They might not be able to do anything about "small", but certainly dilapidated ugly worn and dingy could be addressed.

The new practice facilities are none of the above. They are state of the art. Stadium is old, and yes kinda small, and could use a facelift. But i like small. Keeps ticket prices affordable, and easier to keep stadium noise levels up in an open air stadium.

• Like (+1) 1