Are the Bills satisfied with their current RB's ??

PUNT750

They signed DA for Allen.  It doesn’t seem too crazy that they’d keep Shady for that same reason. Allen & McCoy seem to have a strong relationship.

I do think McCoy can still bring value behind a better OL and more weapons so teams aren’t focused on him.  

That being said, I hate his running style and would  much rather have a stable of one cut and go guys who can get us 2-3 yards when nothing is there, rather than dance around for a -4 yard loss. 

If we have the same guys at RB I'll be fine with that. The oline is the big problem. McCoy will be running with a vengeance next year to prove he still has it.

16 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

John - I agree we stay with these guys as Murphy is fast and young, we can at least one more good year out of Shady and Ivory with a better line, and the kid didn’t look too bad.  We have to get other parts fixed first on offense, and keep our defensive players.

Murphy is fast, but he isn't young. He'll be 28 next year. For a RB that means you only have a couple of years left.

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

He performed pretty well for a fifth round draft pick.  It is not the same. The Bills did not over invest in Kyle. 

Well they paid alot of money to him over his career for one playoff appearance. The only thing the Bill's invested in McCoy was money and a brain dead caveman.

You want to blame McCoy for no playoff appearances, the same can be said for any of the fan favourites that were here over the drought.....

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Well they paid alot of money to him over his career for one playoff appearance. The only thing the Bill's invested in McCoy was money and a brain dead caveman.

You want to blame McCoy for no playoff appearances, the same can be said for any of the fan favourites that were here over the drought.....

How many Super Bowl favorites this year have an RB making as much as McCoy? Now ask yourself how many have lineman making as much as Kyle.  If you can process this information correctly, you will understand how stupid your post is. 

31 minutes ago, MJS said:

If we have the same guys at RB I'll be fine with that. The oline is the big problem. McCoy will be running with a vengeance next year to prove he still has it.

Murphy is fast, but he isn't young. He'll be 28 next year. For a RB that means you only have a couple of years left.

Which means he’s young enough to be part of the plan for next year, and we pick up a stud RB in 2020.

4 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

yeah RB is not a high draft priority, probably in the 4th or 5th.    Fix the O Line and RB takes care of itself

This is pretty much where I'm at.  A better OL will produce a better running game and a better passing game.  We need offensive linemen.

Shady is getting old and there's no question a younger, quicker back to take over the mantle would be great.  But considering we need offensive linemen, wide receivers, and a TE - not to mention some upgrades on defense - how high do you prioritize RB?

They need a talented RB(via draft or FA) if Shady ends up being done in the offseason. Enough of the senior citizen movement at the position. 

I dont want Ivory, Ford, or Murphy as my #2 going into training camp. Not even sure I want Shady at the top of the depth chart next summer.  

• Like (+1) 1

I expect us to make one addition, if not two via FA and the draft. I truly believe that Yeldon will end up here and I think they draft a guy to groom as the successor to Shady. I think Ivory ends up cut before TC 2019. 

Its the NFL and the rule (for winners) is that a TEAM is never satisfied at any position.  You're always asking yourself how do we get better at every position.

The real question is how dissatisfied are we.

The answer is some what but not as much as we are at other O positions  In order for this O to get better given balancing some other needs a productive O has and the resources we have to improve  them I think the answer is:

1. We target getting 2 RBs who fit in our serious O plans for '19.

2. They are:  We use our significant cap space to identify a vet RB who is:

A: A character guy who has the talent to be a #1 in brief spurts but knows his role and provides a good example fo our young players.  His primary on field jobs are to back-up Shady who I an extremely talented RB the opponents must plan for but is quite old for an NFL RB an can be expected to: !. have an injury which costs him a few games at least next year. II.  Shady will simply hit the wall of age at some point in '19 or 20 and will need to be replaced with a go-to RB or RB by committee.  III. Shady has questions in his personal life where he can probably beat the rap but the Bills must invest in a plan B in case age or legal troubles emerge.

Shady shows great signs of being a TEAM player who knows he is at the end of a very good career. However, he is still a prideful guy as seen in McD needing to apply minor discipline by not letting him start last week.  Shady seemed to back down and take it well but having a ready replacement is a must get.

Ivory is almost actually is just the type player you want as your plan B, however he did show he is also at the end of his career and got nicked a bit too easily late in the season.

I MIGHT be able to live with Ivory as my plan B in '19 if necessary, but I am looking hard for a Kenneth Davis like younger plan B to replace Shady with in game blows for rests or to be a short term starter WHEN Shady goes down for a game or more in "19. This strikes me as doable.

3.  We also use our draft depth to chose a young RB talent in round 4 or later (round 3 IF the perfect guy is there) but while quality RBs are not easy to find, it is possible to draft a good enough reserve id draft.

This young RB competes directly with Murphy and Ford and makes this team only if he shows A. Really good prospects to be a future starter quality OR immediate intelligence and skills to be an ST contributor. 

While finding such a youngster is actually not likely it is a doable possibility and this player competes directly with Ford and Murphy whom while neither is a likely answer clearly  better than Ivory, bot showed enough to get a second look their second years.

4.  The actual priorities to improve the Bills running game are: 1. Improve the OL play, 2: Improve the general O production so opponents cannot key on the running game.  If we dot do these two things it really does not make the ultimate difference in the success of our run game.

22 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

No I think they’ll look to draft one. Not too high as there is nobody worth drafting high but a mid round pick would be ideal. 

They can find a good RB mid to late round. I like Devine Ozigbo from Nebraska good size and vision.  Hits holes quickly and follows blocks well, and has decent on field speed.