Are the Bills satisfied with their current RB's ??

PUNT750

It's seems Shady seems to be in the Bills plans for "19.  Ford and Murphy showed quickness and promise. Chris Ivory ran tough and down hill Sunday.

Do we keep them all - or-  draft a RB like Justice Hill from Oklahoma State in the 2nd Round?  He's 5'10", 190, and runs a 4.47 40. 

I think we will go into next year with what we have knowing that the REAL reason our running game was so bad is the blocking was horrendous

Having said that......I have no doubt we will be looking for guy.....either this year or next.....to be Shady's replacement.  

At the end of the day.....good teams run the ball no matter who is carrying the rock because the RUN BLOCKING is good.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we will go into next year with what we have knowing that the REAL reason our running game was so bad is the blocking was horrendous

Having said that......I have no doubt we will be looking for guy.....either this year or next.....to be Shady's replacement.  

At the end of the day.....good teams run the ball no matter who is carrying the rock because the RUN BLOCKING is good.

Its insane to invest in an elite RB.  

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

Yes, a bad strategy, as the actual results show.  Money better spent elsewhere.  

I will say it again.....

Shady WAS the offense of this team....a team that actually went to the playoffs the year before last.

In that situation....if your the only offense of a bad team...you should be getting paid.

• Like (+1) 2

If there is 1 singular player on the Bills offense (in the last 20 years) that deserves the benefit of the doubt it’s Shady. He literally is the biggest reason the drought ended and the best skill position player the Bills have had since the super bowl years. I’m totally fine with giving him a chance to show that this year was a fluke. He is the 1 guy that deserves that.

• Like (+1) 1

Quality running backs can make an impact and I just don’t see anything of quality on our roster at present. Shady looked hesitant and slower most of the year and at his age I just don’t see him getting back to what he once was. The other rbs on our roster are replacement level. It should not be necessary to make a huge investment in the rb position in order to find some quality players. Year after year, rbs drafted in the 3rd round and later are making significant impacts on their teams. I’d like to see a power/inside runner that can close out games and pick up short yardage. I’d also like to see the Bills acquire a pass catching speed back. I suppose Ivory could be the power back if needed but we are definitely lacking the speed back. 

33 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

Quality running backs can make an impact and I just don’t see anything of quality on our roster at present. Shady looked hesitant and slower most of the year and at his age I just don’t see him getting back to what he once was. The other rbs on our roster are replacement level. It should not be necessary to make a huge investment in the rb position in order to find some quality players. Year after year, rbs drafted in the 3rd round and later are making significant impacts on their teams. I’d like to see a power/inside runner that can close out games and pick up short yardage. I’d also like to see the Bills acquire a pass catching speed back. I suppose Ivory could be the power back if needed but we are definitely lacking the speed back. 

I would agree with this if every single RB that played for us did not look the same this year

No holes to run through for a shifty back like LM equals no production

No holes to run through for a power back like Chris Ivory equals very little production

Keith Ford.....the same

Its the offensive line and run blocking that is the problem

• Like (+1) 1