Bills sign Derek Anderson to extension

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

You dont say?

I forgot that the NFL has a set rule as to how many coaches and what titles you can have for your staff, along with the required hours they all must work. If they want to hire a QB mentor/Guru for Allen they can pay him whatever they want and allow him to come and go as he feels necessary. The Pat's had Bradys personal trainer around the team and facility whenever Brady felt he wanted him there

But why waste a roster spot on him as a player? We saw last season how they apparently need all the spots they can get when they cut a veteran WR just to get an opening for another rotational DT to sit on the sidelines.

BB was not in favor of Alex Guerrero being there. 

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I love having their 3 set before 2018 is even over.

Man, they must have really liked the way their QB's work together in the last 6-7 weeks.

How nice is it going to be entering camp and having the QB rotation set in stone and not have to worry about QB "battles" and dealing with doling out equal reps, preseason snaps etc

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Why not just sign him on as a coach then?? He's never going to play anyways. 

Could be salary related. I doubt an assistant QB coach would make the amount of money he signed for as a player. Plus, wasn’t this guy sleeping at the stadium and counting the days down until he could be back with his family?

On 12/31/2018 at 11:17 AM, stevewin said:

How nice is it going to be entering camp and having the QB rotation set in stone and not have to worry about QB "battles" and dealing with doling out equal reps, preseason snaps etc

Steve, that is it right there.

We absolutely know who our 1, 2 and 3 are...done.

Dilusions by Anderson?  No way, he gets a nice pay check, won't get banged up and he knows exactly why he is there.

Barkely?  He knows his job, he has a contract with the knowledge that this team isn't testing him out...this team wants him here.

We have a haggard vet who has been around, a 4-5 year veteran who has taken his lumps and is still sticking around, and Kid Cannon who's ready to take the league over.  Hollywood writes this stuff.

Love it!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

What a difference a year makes going from zero stability at the most important position to making it one of the most solidified on the squad. No mysteries heading into 2019 at all. 

Yup -- use all of those draft picks and cap to build around Josh.

2 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

You do realize this means David Culley is back in 2019?

Why shouldn't he be? I thought Allen progressed quite well during the season.

2 hours ago, Mark80 said:

I don't get it really.  He is terrible as a QB.  Why not just add him to the coaching staff?  The guy should never be on the field again IMO.

What makes you think he would be a good coach? Does he want to spend 80+ hours a week working like all other coaches do?

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Why shouldn't he be? I thought Allen progressed quite well during the season.

Especially for a guy considered to be a raw project who needed to sit a year or more. He also had to coach 3 (!) other starting QBs this season, two of which showed up like 10 days before they had to play and didn’t know the system, and one who is extremely limited (Nate)

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

You dont say?

I forgot that the NFL has a set rule as to how many coaches and what titles you can have for your staff, along with the required hours they all must work. If they want to hire a QB mentor/Guru for Allen they can pay him whatever they want and allow him to come and go as he feels necessary. The Pat's had Bradys personal trainer around the team and facility whenever Brady felt he wanted him there

But why waste a roster spot on him as a player? We saw last season how they apparently need all the spots they can get when they cut a veteran WR just to get an opening for another rotational DT to sit on the sidelines.

You are very ignorant in that take.

Jumping in a few pages late here...but I'm not sure that I understand this 'signing' at all. While I liked locking Barkley in for a few years,  Andersen is just an unnecessary distraction really.  The team doesn't need two veterans to back up their 'Rookie' project...do they?  Seems to also send an odd message to Barkley.  It's not a big deal either way, but I'm not sure why this signing was the first thing they needed to do following the end of the season.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only problem I have with this is the puzzlement as to why they didn't make this move at the beginning of the season when they traded McCarron if not the previous spring.

But better Nate then Lever....wait a minute that didn't come out right.

No one will argue that McD and Daboll really fubar'd the QB position in camp.  They started the season with two rookies and paid a heavy price.

Very clever ?

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The only problem I have with this is the puzzlement as to why they didn't make this move at the beginning of the season when they traded McCarron if not the previous spring.

But better Nate then Lever....wait a minute that didn't come out right.

I don't know about this Lever fellow, but I guarantee he's better than Nate. Pretty sure he's clean.