Whose career would you rather have Mark Rypien or Jim Kelly?

Another Fan

A friend and I had this conversation to which we really didn’t come to a conclusion.  So I decided to post a thread here.  

Jimbo obviously was a more solid player year in and year out.  Mark was more of a one year wonder HOWEVER he did get that Super Bowl ring and MVP.  

Interestingly enough both these guys had some equal bad luck after retirement.  They both lost sons way too early.  Jim battled cancer but Mark dealt with depression to the point he wanted to commit suicide.  

Anyway what do you think?  

Edited by Another Fan

44 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

A friend and I had this conversation to which we really didn’t come to a conclusion.  So I decided to post a thread here.  

Jimbo obviously was a more solid player year in and year out.  Mark was more of a one year wonder HOWEVER he did get that Super Bowl ring and MVP.  

Interestingly enough both these guys had some equal bad luck after retirement.  They both lost sons way too early.  Jim battled cancer but Mark dealt with depression to the point he wanted to commit suicide.  

Anyway what do you think?  

Dilfer>Marino

Foles>Rivers

If those don't sit well with you, the answer is Kelly...and you aren't a nincompoop.