Whose career would you rather have Mark Rypien or Jim Kelly?

Another Fan

18 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

Come on, people need to be able to take a joke! The OP is clearly just messing around, trying to get a reaction.

No one can be that ignorant, that stupid, to consider this a viable question.

The OP appears serious.........Hard to believe I know.

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

Kelly is a legend.. the other guy most fans would have a hard time remembering. 

Hes a legend in Buffalo, hes just another HOF QB to anyone not a Bill's fan. Take the home glasses off and think about the question of would you rather have a career where you dont win a championship but make the hall of fame or have a career where you have one good year good enough to win a championship and MVP?

Does anyone think Jim would trade being in Canton to have won just one of those SBs? (Same as Marino) Do you think someone like Rypen, or Rob Johnson, or Trent Dilfer would trade their SB rings in to get their bust in Canton?

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

Wrong question. I’d rather have one ring than none, but would you rather be in the big game 4 straight years - or just once? It was a great run as a fan. 

Personally, I’d rather have gone 4 times (as the QB, as the question us stated), than go once and win.....if you include the extra millions earned and the HOF. THAT is part of the career. 

Once and winning is better than 4 and losing

winning the AFC 4 times was a bit better than the Blues winning the pathetic expansion half of the NHL for 68-70 and losing all 12 games in the Stanley Cup Finals

Edited by row_33

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

winning the AFC 4 times was a bit better than the Blues winning the pathetic expansion half of the NHL for 68-70 and losing all 12 games in the Stanley Cup Finals

You may have lost track of the actual question. Rypien or Kelly for a career. I take Kelly, for the money, the HOF and the four (wasted) cracks on the big stage. I’ll take greatness over the extended period, despite the sadness that ensued. 

30 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Hes a legend in Buffalo, hes just another HOF QB to anyone not a Bill's fan. Take the home glasses off and think about the question of would you rather have a career where you dont win a championship but make the hall of fame or have a career where you have one good year good enough to win a championship and MVP?

Does anyone think Jim would trade being in Canton to have won just one of those SBs? (Same as Marino) Do you think someone like Rypen, or Rob Johnson, or Trent Dilfer would trade their SB rings in to get their bust in Canton?

I live in the tri state, and the people down here bust my chops hard over the 4 falls of Buffalo.

I know they have heard of Jim Kelly.

Ryepen? Yea, not really.

Kelly is a legend. And losing 4 straight Super Bowls is legendary too. 

2 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Replace Mary Rypien with Warren Moon and this is a good question.

Warren Moon didnt win a championship... So either you dont understand the concept or you made a really dumb post...

34 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Kelly is a legend. And losing 4 straight Super Bowls is legendary too. 

The legend of a loser.

58 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Dumbest question ever...I'm assuming you'd rather have Rex Grossman over Kelly too? 

Eh... your light is a bit dim, isn't it?

3 hours ago, Augie said:

Who is in the HOF? 

Who cares. I wish we had the other guys resume 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

8 hours ago, row_33 said:

Making four in a row is the more impressive accomplishment IMO. 52 teams have won the Super Bowl, but only one has gone 4 years in a row.