Beyond Blue and Red: Josh Allen - Full Episode Posted

26CornerBlitz

Very emotional, I may or may not have had some trouble with my eyes welling up for some reason. It was heartfelt, genuine, and all around great story of grit and determination by a little boy who refuses to let his health realities define him. The fact that Josh so obviously cares enough about Cade to keep tabs on him even after making the big leagues and then provide him with the experiences that we saw, is in a word, priceless. You could tell this was something Josh wanted to do. That’s my quarterback, all day doggone it! 

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Very emotional, I may or may not have had some trouble with my eyes welling up for some reason. It was heartfelt, genuine, and all around great story of grit and determination by a little boy who refuses to let his health realities define him. The fact that Josh so obviously cares enough about Cade to keep tabs on him even after making the big leagues and then provide him with the experiences that we saw, is in a word, priceless. You could tell this was something Josh wanted to do. That’s my quarterback, all day doggone it! 

Exactly.

I think it also points to the ownership and leadership of the Bills and the Sabers - Josh is out in front as this was his guy, but that kind of coordination means the entirety of both organizations was on board and willing to help out.  

I think this points directly to the Pegula family and how they are working to rebuild and rebrand Buffalo - everything from the “One Buffalo” to working and sharing resources to advance both teams screams family and I think this is just a part of that.

I also love how it counters the other growing feeling of how scummy the NFL has become filled with abusive players - 99% of the league is filled with great men and women that fly under the radar and the 1% get the coverage - this and the cleats piece show the underlying good these guys do for no recognition or reward - just to give back.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Exactly.

I think it also points to the ownership and leadership of the Bills and the Sabers - Josh is out in front as this was his guy, but that kind of coordination means the entirety of both organizations was on board and willing to help out.  

I think this points directly to the Pegula family and how they are working to rebuild and rebrand Buffalo - everything from the “One Buffalo” to working and sharing resources to advance both teams screams family and I think this is just a part of that.

I also love how it counters the other growing feeling of how scummy the NFL has become filled with abusive players - 99% of the league is filled with great men and women that fly under the radar and the 1% get the coverage - this and the cleats piece show the underlying good these guys do for no recognition or reward - just to give back.

Post of the day @Rochesterfan, post of the day!

• Like (+1) 1

That was really cool. 

I always wonder why some guys get into so much trouble when they are in the NFL - you don't have to be someone who does the community things like we see Josh do in this video, just don't do anything that is illegal and/or get your name in the newspaper - it's a pretty low bar.

OTOH, it's great when you get someone who is a good person to be the face of your franchise - a guy that's going to do the community and charity events, the guy who really wants to do good beyond football. Josh looks like he's a good guy with his head on straight - it'll be tremendous for the organization of he's a Walter Payton Man of the Year kind of guy....

Did anyone else see the NFL Films version of Allen's Mic'd Up from the last game? My favorite part is probably where he and Daboll on are on the sidelines and Daboll says, "You're doing a great job today, getting the ball out on time, everything's looking good." The very next clip is where he scrambled and fumbled, which kinda cracked me up just based on the way they had it play out. "Hey Josh, you're doing great!" "Thanks, Coach, I promise I won't fum-- dang it!"

I didn't see this posted.  If you haven't seen this, you should watch it.  Brought a tear to my eye.  Josh Allen is a special QB and person.  He never takes his NEGU bracelet off.

Edited by PIZ
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

When Buffalo drafted Allen, I was "dissapointed." I wanted Mayfield all along (I KNOW he was gone before the pick). However, I just dug into Josh and found that he is a genuine competitor and all around great young man. Those attributes allowed me to chill and purely judge him on his merits going forward....never so glad to be this wrong - he will be a great QB at the NFL level. Go Bills!