Do Bills fans have a napoleon complex?

2 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I think people have this all or nothing complex.  I can say I think Allen is great and has tons of potential to be great for the next 15 years 100 times but if I say I thought the pass he threw at the end of the game was a little short people lose their minds.  They treat it like if you don't worship the ground he walks on then you think he's a bust.

Well said.  I was very skeptical of Allen. I’m fact, I hated the pick.  He certainly is a lot fast than I thought and has shown some great flashes.  But I’m sorry that I’m not ready to put our qb with a 66 QB rating on the Wall yet. 

But yesterday was actually a fun a fun game for a change.  So that’s a start. 

1 minute ago, The Bills Blog said:

PLEASE tell me where it's good, because I went to both Charlie the Butcher's and Schwabl's in the past few weeks and it was embarrassing. Trying to show off a WNY special to my tagalongs and it was humiliating.

You need to roll with better people then.  Next, you’ll be saying you hate loganberry and like boneless wings.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills fans have a Too-Drunk-To-Know-What's-Happening Complex. When Cam had a performance like that his rookie year all you'd hear is "can't believe we took Dareus instead of Cam,"  like the Bills had a shot at Cam to begin with. Football isn't all stats. Football isn't just one guy on a "team" like basketball. Lots of nuances, strategy etc that 90% of people watching don't understand so they attempt to use stats to back up their hyperbolic and uninformed opinions. Get used to it. After all, this is the same fan base that said Kelly should be benched for Reich when he had a bad game.

There's definitely an inferiority complex. Our fans bristle at the slightest criticism and go to great lengths to find a way to play the outrage card. "Hey guys, look at the bad things Random Blogger #23,543 said about our backup tackle" etc, etc...

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I think people have this all or nothing complex.  I can say I think Allen is great and has tons of potential to be great for the next 15 years 100 times but if I say I thought the pass he threw at the end of the game was a little short people lose their minds.  They treat it like if you don't worship the ground he walks on then you think he's a bust.

So I'm not the only one.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Its seems any time when have a big, strong QB. A lot of Bills fan dont like him. Yet when we had Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod...they were not criticized to much.

Allen left it all on the field, accounted for almost 400 yards of offense and that's doesn't seem to be good for a lot of Bills fans. I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

I dont think there would be as much criticism, if we had Baker Mayfield...who had another 3+ int game of his own. Allen outplayed Baker yesterday in their respective games.

Maybe it's time for some Bills fans to look in the mirror.

You lost me at tyrod wasn’t criticized. The guy is literally hated on here. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

This is a blatant lie.

...hilarious isn't it?....big strong QB?....since Kelly?.....this is a totally confusing conundrum....is it Nall, Holcomb, Hamden, Thad Lewis or Spent Trent Edwards being referenced?...perhaps all of the above?...

21 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BB, you got a thumbs up from me because you got big brass balls.

I love it.

I almost agree...a little, with your point, but you came right out and said it.

Congrats.

When did we get Bills fans from Cuba???  This is blasphemy!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BB, you got a thumbs up from me because you got big brass balls.

I love it.

I almost agree...a little, with your point, but you came right out and said it.

Congrats.

Get a room you two!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Its seems any time when have a big, strong QB. A lot of Bills fan dont like him. Yet when we had Fitz, Flutie and Tyrod...they were not criticized to much.

Allen left it all on the field, accounted for almost 400 yards of offense and that's doesn't seem to be good for a lot of Bills fans. I can't listen to WGR anymore, all they do is pick on the bad plays Allen made. When every QB in the NFL has bad plays. 

I dont think there would be as much criticism, if we had Baker Mayfield...who had another 3+ int game of his own. Allen outplayed Baker yesterday in their respective games.

I can tell you half way through last year I was over Tyrod. Was happy when he got benched for Peterman. Glad he's gone. He had bright moments, but Tyrod is NOT a franchise qb in any way 

I wanted to keep Fitz when we drafted manuel. Thought he'd be a perfect mentor for him. Fitz is not a franchise qb either, but he's a great backup. 

Allen has not proven to me yet that he's a franchise qb. He only has 7 starts. He's very young in his career and he's gonna have really. Good games and really bad games. Let's see if he can improve again this week. 

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Tyrod and Fitz weren't criticized too much?  That is a lie.

Fans on this board do not react well to criticism of Josh Allen. 

Look at all the vitriol toward Charles Clay.  You would have thought Allen delivered a strike right between the numbers instead of a duck that was 10 yards short of the target.

There are too many on this board that are planted on the extreme side of arguments, one way or the other, regarding Allen.  I prefer to stay in the gray.

You expect Allen to be perfect? No QB is, hate to tell  you and other NFL fans don't criticize every little thing. Losman got the benefit of the doubt when he was a young player. For some reason that doesn't exist for Allen. Plus yes Fitz and Tyrod had plenty of leeway. They were here for multiple years. 

Edited by BuffaloBud420

9 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Do you not remember when Tyrod was here? Despite being the most successful QB since without dispute Flutie and arguably Jim Kelly, Tyrod was absolutely hated while here. People last year were shitting on Tyrod for not making enough plays when throwing to an absolutely ***** receiving core. People also ***** on Tyrod for quarterbacking two top 10 NFL offenses in 2015 and 2016. I am not saying Tyrod was a prefect QB or the Bills weren't right in a long term sense to move on. But if you read this board you would think Tyrod was the worst QB in the league. 

The fanbase did love Flutie although Flutie was an amazing story and had a pretty good amount success while here even if his numbers weren't eye popping, I wasn't on this board when Flutie was here but I can easily imagine him being beloved. I was on here during the Fitz era and Fitz was loved but everyone knew after he faded in 2011 Fitz was not the answer and people were skeptical of Fitz hot 2011. Fitz plays with a lot of fire and passion plus he has the whole Ivy league, beard, wedding ring combo going.

Also Allen isn't as universally reviled as you are painting. After the Vikings game a lot of people were anointing Allen the next 2017 Carson Wentz.I don't think the fanbase cares much about small vs. large QB's. I think its a combination of personality/story and success. Fans like passionate players with a good natured personality. They also like winners of course. I think with Allen the fanbase was split on him since so many draft pundits were very night and day on him.

So I don't think there is any preference for large QB's

Edited by billsfan89

9 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Come on, man, there's a lot more positive out there than negative. You're hearing only the negative.

And you're saying Tyrod, Flutie and Fitz were NOT criticized? Seriously? Good grief, I was here and while they got some good reviews too, there was plenty of criticism.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

You expect Allen to be perfect? No QB is, hate to tell  you and other NFL fans don't criticize every little thing. Losman got the benefit of the doubt when he was a young player. For some reason that doesn't exist for Allen. Plus yes Fitz and Tyrod had plenty of leeway. They were here for multiple years. 

Yeah, um, no. Seriously. This whole post except the last sentence.

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Flutie was before my time.... but in what world were Tyrod and Fitz not criticised much?

They had their staunchest defenders on this board sure, and most of those are already the people who want to fit Josh Allen for a Gold Jacket. 

I dare say Flutie and Taylor have been the two players who've been the most divisive in team history.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

We over paid on Trent Murphy instead of allocating that for more pressing needs along the offensive line or in finding rotation receivers and tight-ends.  Allen has to do it all due to fiscal mismanagement and Murphy’s contract is working out to dead money of $7.5 Million restricting what we can do in the futures markets.  A net result is a rotational defensive linemen whose getting beat out by Shaq Lawson.  Over paying for a guy when there are undrafted free agents for “player development” is right up there with Clay’s contract along with injuries limiting effectiveness. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I dare say Flutie and Taylor have been the two players who've been the most divisive in team history.

I think that this is fair. They were the two (3 when you count Fitz) most polarizing guys of the last 20 years without question. They all had good moments and moments of not good enough. You could always do better or worse. That’s a great recipe for disagreement.