Jerry Hughes Confronts Official after the Game - Umpire Roy Ellison Reinstated After Being Fined $9300

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

When was it said? Does that matter? Getting fired for calling someone a B word?

Nah.

I mean, ***** that ref but are we that soft we are calling for people’s jobs that call someone a B word?

no, the refs in this game are TERRIBLE, and calling Hughes a "B word" indicates bias against the Bills.  Can't have that. 

Nothing is going to happen to Hughes until next Sunday, when he gets two mystifyingly stupid unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in critical situations (I'll guess "breath smells like fried onions" and "ending a sentence with a preposition"), and gets ejected, fined, and suspended for the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

When was it said? Does that matter? Getting fired for calling someone a B word?

Nah.

I mean, ***** that ref but are we that soft we are calling for people’s jobs that call someone a B word?

When they officiate a game like this? yes calling players names like that brings in to question their impartialness... Look at the no call hold on Hughes on the Stills TD, then look at the hold CALLED on Teller at end of game... or PI on Milano called, vs the mugging of Zay at end of game not called. Or Tannehill roughing on first drive, vs multiple hits to Allen's head in the pocket that arent called

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, PolishPrince said:

When they officiate a game like this? yes calling players names like that brings in to question their impartialness... Look at the no call hold on Hughes on the Stills TD, then look at the hold CALLED on Teller at end of game... or PI on Milano called, vs the mugging of Zay at end of game not called. Or Tannehill roughing on first drive, vs multiple hits to Allen's head in the pocket that arent called

I never said that the officiating didn’t suck.

It did.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I agree. Usually penalties even out but holy cow Josh got hammered in the head and roughed up a few times, no calls,  definitely some DPI, no calls. Really bizarre day by the refs.  They did not let anything slide against the Bills

They were just waiting to go out into back parking lot to get their envelopes full of cash for throwing the game. ALOT of $$$ on Bills to win, Vegas needed to control damage to books.

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

F-it.  I generally agree.  But this officiating was terrible.  Numerous ticky tacky calls on the Bills, while your QB is getting hit in the head REPEATEDLY, and you miss PI on Zay Jones on the final drive.   Hughes can say he was supporting player safety by being angry at the refs for not protecting Allen.  Really, would have loved to see one of our weak OL do what Hughes did.  

If they fine players for hits to the head, they need to fine the refs for missing them.  

That's not for him to do though that's at best the coach/GM/Owner that has that responsibility. The refs have a lot of pull to think the NFL is going to side with a player doing this. I get it but I don't think it's smart.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

not sure this would work

I would agree regardless of it works  I would say hold every offensive play.  Do not let Josh Allen get touched.  Let's see how many flags they can throw in a game.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Miami’s winning TD drive seemed like the yardage “earned” was 80% from penalties and then a miracle catch between 4 hands.  This game was such an unfair outcome.  Oh well, weren’t making the playoffs anyway

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

That's not for him to do though that's at best the coach/GM/Owner that has that responsibility. The refs have a lot of pull to think the NFL is going to side with a player doing this. I get it but I don't think it's smart.

I agree, and it's part of the problem and why NFL officiating is so awful.  MCD would not do anything about calling out the Refs, but he should.  That's your QB taking head shots, a point of emphasis, and this crew misses it NUMEROUS times!

• Like (+1) 1