Jerry Hughes Confronts Official after the Game - Umpire Roy Ellison Reinstated After Being Fined $9300

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

They are advocates for their membership no matter what.  They also defended the official who was fired earlier this season. 

That’s part of the reason why it’s hard to take their statements seriously. Kind of like partisan politics where the other side is always in the wrong even if they say the sky is blue. In order to be credible, they should own egregiousness where “called” for, no pun intended. I get it though, carry on. 

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

That’s part of the reason why it’s hard to take their statements seriously. Kind of like partisan politics where the other side is always in the wrong even if they say the sky is blue. In order to be credible, they should own egregiousness where “called” for, no pun intended. I get it though, carry on. 

It's hard to take seriously given Ellison's past history.  He's lucky he wasn't fired.

7 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The NFLRA is a joke and makes itself just look silly by trying to argue this slap on the wrist was excessive somehow ??‍♂️

I wouldn't call a fine for 1/16th of the guys salary a slap on the wrist. That 9k fine means a lot more to the ref than the 53k fine does to Hughes. 

Umpire Roy Ellison fined game check for player dust-up, reinstated from administrative leave

umpire-roy-ellison-looks-on-before-the-g

by Mark Schultz - December 14, 2018

Scott Green, executive director of the NFL Referees Association, said in a statement e-mailed to Football Zebras, “Roy is back on the field where he should be and the union will consider filing a Grievance objecting to this fine.”

No matter how the human resources paperwork states it, this was a de facto suspension for Ellison. He went on administrative leave, missed one assignment and wasn’t paid for missing that assignment. The last suspension handed down to an official was a paid leave when side judge Rob Vernatchi didn’t detect an erroneously running clock in 2015.

Ellison is a member of Shawn Hochuli’s crew and will be on the field to officiate the Giants-Titans game this weekend.

11 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I wouldn't call a fine for 1/16th of the guys salary a slap on the wrist. That 9k fine means a lot more to the ref than the 53k fine does to Hughes. 

Considering he could’ve/should’ve been terminated, it qualifies as a slap, sorry, just my 2 cents...also, his proportion of a fine would rightfully be higher than for Hughes, given Hughes was simply reacting to something Ellison started in the 1st place.