Should we have traded Shady back to Philly?

No - It's a bit hard to evaluate the player when the guys up front have been so bad all year.

I personally don't think he can be a bell-cow ever again, but he can block better than like 90% of backs, he can catch, and he's a nightmare 1x1 on the outside.  That type of player is incredibly useful in the NFL today.  Why cut him?  Are we starved for cap room?

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Knowing what we know now? Is Shady really part of our plans next year?

426 rushing 3.3ypc

25 rec 198yds 7.9avg

How do you guys feel about it? Should we have taken the picks?

I believe that if we can improve our oline, shady can still be effective.  He has played his heart out for the Bills.  I would like to keep him for another year 

I no longer get emotionally attached to players. The Bills are not an alumni organization. Shady stays only as long as the Bills don’t feel there’s legitimate value given in return for trading him. (I believe there was a market for him at the trade deadline but I doubt much of one this offseason.)

Having a decent running threat is useful to a quarterback in training. Makes the transition easier for Josh. I don't understand why there's a let's trade him thread every couple days on here. Really doesn't make much sense if you think about it. At any level.

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think his value to this team goes a bit deeper than the stats. He's been big pumping up Josh Allen, and he has the credibility to do so. I think it has a bit to do with Josh's swagger. I don't want to lose that for a 4th round pick. 

This ????

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Knowing what we know now? Is Shady really part of our plans next year?

426 rushing 3.3ypc

25 rec 198yds 7.9avg

How do you guys feel about it? Should we have taken the picks?

Nope - trading him for a fourth round pick would be even worse than if the Bills try to sign Bell this off season.

Shady is part of their plans and he provides more than yards - he seems to help bring guys together across the team and for a HC that is preaching playing for each other - he is invaluable.

31 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

Should have just cut him.   He sucks.  He too old.

What about the $11.575 Million dead cap hit if we cut him this season?  

8 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

I think they release him in the offseason.  I can’t see him taking a pay cut to stay here in a limited role and I can’t see Bean paying him 8+ million next year.  

I do think this is more likely, but something to consider, Next season he is on his last season of his contract. Dead cap is a small hit at only $2.6 million but they are only paying him $6.425 million in Cash (Base Salary  + $250,00 work out bonus). I like seeing what players do in contract seasons. I think you might be better off keeping him to the trade deadline. That gives you some options. 

Edited by Charlottebillsfan2
  • Like (+1) 3

For what was probably being offered up, better to just wait until the offseason. If anything of value was being offered - they'd have swung the deal. You'll probably get the same thing in the offseason and he has value to Josh's development in his rookie year. I think it's possible it still happens early 2019.

Edited by BillsFanForever19