Those were some overoficious jerks!

Matt_In_NH

The only calls I can remember being bad were the hold on Edmunds and the hold on Johnson. The call on Edmunds was egregiously bad and was a 3rd down conversion. 

My bigger complaints are how the managed to kill the flow of the game and lose control of the game. 

At this point I have to wonder if it's possible for an O-Linemen to be called for holding when it's on Jerry Hughes. The guy gets mugged multiple times per game with no calls. I realize Hughes will frequently embellish to try and fish for a call, but there are multiple plays per game that are legit holds and it seems they never get called.

Was I the only one that thought the Jags were getting away with liberties on Josh Allen? Couple borderline late hits, including one to the head after he slid. There was very little force to that hit, but it was well after the slide, and to the head.... (maybe JA embellished it a bit). If that was Brady that's 100% a penalty. Why do teams get away with that stuff on mobile QB's ? 

8 hours ago, Doc said:

Thanks Mrs. Coleman.

you cant sit here and make it right with what you said. then you joke about it? that don't fly and then mocking me by calling me that is just idiocy

Calling people out in person or on boards saying they should just die is immature. grow up.

Edited by PrimeTime101

8 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Taron Johnson play was straight-up holding. It gets called a lot, although certainly not every time. Still, no one should complain about that one (the Edmunds one was a much dicier call.) There were a ton of penalties against Jax too. The big problem, aside from the terribly sloppy play by the teams, was the time taken to make calls and getting it wrong on the review plays -- all of which combined added about 10 minutes to the game. Bottom line though: both teams committed tons of legit penalties, and there were probably a ton that weren't called. It was a badly played game for the most part.

I'm an advocate for officiating generally..........I don't blame refs for altering games...........but a Walt Coleman game too often seems to get out of hand and controversial.

He needs to be shown the door by the NFL.....at the worst they were overofficious and at best they just looked like doddering old men with their delays and indecision...........it's time........this isn't what the league wants.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/25/2018 at 7:24 PM, mattynh said:

I think its fair to say both teams benefited and were hurt by the officiating at different times.

The two worst calls in my opinion cancelled each other out to a point- defensive holding in 3rd qtr that gave first instead of punt and the then holding on td run- both pathetic and made it so officials seemed to have interest in keeping game close- not actual conspiracy theory just shows how bad.

31 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you cant sit here and make it right with what you said. then you joke about it? that don't fly and then mocking me by calling me that is just idiocy

Calling people out in person or on boards saying they should just die is immature. grow up.

Thanks for the advice, newbie.  I've filed it in the appropriate place.

10 hours ago, SCBills said:

Two bad calls on us.  Taron Johnson’s was brutal, as well as the random call early on Edmunds.  

The issue for me is that they called everything they could on us, yet miss an obvious hold on Hughes in the end zone.   That’s whats frustating. 

I don't recall the Edmunds call but I will take your word for it. Agree they could and should have called holding on Hughes but it was in the endzone and usually they let that stuff go.  

The refs did take a TD off the board against the Jags with a tick tack offensive hold. 

Again it was 95 % two bad poorly coached teams and a little of the ususal ref errors.

On 11/25/2018 at 6:57 PM, mattynh said:

I dont know if anyone else felt this way but this was an awful game to watch, constant penalties, a lot of them questionable.  I think penalties have been trending down but this game brought the average up a lot, it was horrendous to watch.  Any time something happened, there was a 75% chance of a flag.

Forget the penalties EXPLAIN THE KELVIN B CATCH!!! How could that whole sequence happen. He caught the ball slid to a knee obviously touched... popped up and drew a facemask.

Then the Jags td that wasnt... There was no view in the free world that could have led them to believe that there was a shot he crossed the goal line. 

I have to rehash the question,  What is a catch!?!?!?!

On 11/25/2018 at 7:39 PM, billsfan_34 said:

The illegal hands to the face after we had a huge first down was complete bs.

Was that the one on Star? He just mushed him. Th Ebay he dropped him one handed led me to think he was the strongest man in the world hahaha

On 11/25/2018 at 10:25 PM, Dadonkadonk said:

OMG you people are ridiculous.  Did you watch the game or just listen on the radio?  The only call that was even questionable was the Taron Johnson holding.  That was bad but he did grab a little jersey.  I thought Bortles had already started to leave the pocket though and it shouldn't have been called.  All the other penalties were legit especially the hands to the face on Bodine.  Christ he bent his head back further than Kennedy's head was blown back.  

The Bills have been top 3 in penalties all year.  Probably will be worst in the league after this weekend.  It's on the coaches and the players.  Was 12 men on the field Walt Coleman's fault?

Be objective.  If I missed another iffy call point it out.  But I watched every play.  Hughes pushed the guy in the back on the Milano INT.  He didn't need to.  All he needed to do was just stand there and let Milano run past him.  But he pushed the guy down right in front of the refs.  Miller tackled the guy on the inside rush.  He blocked him perfectly at the start and then tackled him for no reason.  All he had to do was keep pushing him but he wrapped his arms around him.  

Please tell me the calls that the refs were wrong?  

They did botch the goal line calls(2 of the 3) but those weren't flags.

Two bad teams with bad coaching.  

Bodine sorry. I dont know why I was thinking Star,  I thought bodine was the strongest man in the world at that moment lol

There were some bad calls. The worst was on Edmunds. No hold whatsoever.

But both teams played undisciplined, error filled football and deserved a lot of penalties. Many of the calls were correct.

But the refs did take WAY too long. Coleman is too old and looks confused out there.

The refs really destroyed the flow of the game.  Allen's numbers could have looked much better if some of his completions had not been negated by penalties.  

Early in the game I believe it was Milano that was called for defensive holding when he just put his hand on a crossing receiver.  It didn't even slow down the receiver.  That was an unnecessary call .  I am sure there were others, but that one was very noticeable. 

I live the Mar. Levy quote.  For Marvin, that was about a rough a language as he could offer.  A really classy coach.

On 11/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, billsfan11 said:

It’s too bad cause it was actually a good, intense game.

Walt decided he wanted to be the star of the show

He always does.  He has got to be one of the lowest rated head refs in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Forget the penalties EXPLAIN THE KELVIN B CATCH!!! How could that whole sequence happen. He caught the ball slid to a knee obviously touched... popped up and drew a facemask.

Another good  example of something most Bills fans ignore.   Bottom line is the refs miss calls for all teams and make bad calls for al teams.  A lot of people think there is a consiracy theory against Buffalo.  There has always been missed and blown calls, it is more scrutinized today than in the past.  Before replay there would routinely be turnovers and touchdowns that were completely blown calls.

6 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Then the Jags td that wasnt... There was no view in the free world that could have led them to believe that there was a shot he crossed the goal line. 

I have to rehash the question,  What is a catch!?!?!?!

Was that the one on Star? He just mushed him. Th Ebay he dropped him one handed led me to think he was the strongest man in the world hahaha

Bodine sorry. I dont know why I was thinking Star,  I thought bodine was the strongest man in the world at that moment lol

The Jags could have thrown a challenge and did not.  Calls like that are missed, but regardless the facemask still happened and was a personal foul and would have stood.  

The TD was 50/50 in my view and was I also think on first down.  Worst case it they have 2-3 more cracks.  

As said the most important call the entire game was the holding that cost the Jags 7 at the end of the third and was what changed the entire game.

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm an advocate for officiating generally..........I don't blame refs for altering games...........but a Walt Coleman game too often seems to get out of hand and controversial.

He needs to be shown the door by the NFL.....at the worst they were overofficious and at best they just looked like doddering old men with their delays and indecision...........it's time........this isn't what the league wants.

http://www.angelfire.com/ia3/colts2/walthistory.htm

On 11/25/2018 at 6:57 PM, mattynh said:

I dont know if anyone else felt this way but this was an awful game to watch, constant penalties, a lot of them questionable.  I think penalties have been trending down but this game brought the average up a lot, it was horrendous to watch.  Any time something happened, there was a 75% chance of a flag.

It was bad in both directions. It’s time the NFL makes a concerted effort to push the officials out of the games forefront. It can’t be that hard to pier review these guys after the game and boot the ones that are bad. I’m sure there is no shortage of quality, willing officials to replace the lousy ones.