Marcell Dareus Returns this Week - Inactive with a Back Injury

26CornerBlitz

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

They easily replaced him with Jordan Phillips off the waiver wire. 

A year later and after they had paid Star $10M per for the next 5...........and fwiw they are 7-13 since trading Dareus and eating all that dead money.

I have always appreciated Jordan Phillips........he was tough on the Bills as a phin..........but he's probably just playing so much better because he's highly motivated and well rested..........it will be interesting to see if the Bills pay him in FA.   

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

A role no one should get paid nearly 16 million dollars a year to play.   Money like that should be reserved for penetrating defensive tackles and defensive ends.

But he was a penetrating D tackle.  10 sacks.  That is why we signed him big.  We had to.   

A lot of DTs mail it in after their second contract.  See Albert Haynesworth and other DTs signed by the Redskins.

'Marcell Dareus Returns this Week'

Is he driving?  Keep the women and the kids and the Chevys off the streets!  

Anyone else find find it odd that he got in trouble for drag racing his Jaguar while in Buffalo, and now he IS a Jaguar?

49 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's like paying $50,000 for a Toyota Corrolla.

They're more reliable...

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Rehab

Picture1.png

If that's Isaac from the 'Love Boat' , he better switch to club soda.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The biggest shame is Marcell Dareus has Aaron Donald type of ability if he really wanted it.  

He never possessed the off the charts combination of athleticism, strength, and explosiveness to have Aaron Donald type of ability. That’s not a knock on Dareus, but a testament to Donald’s rarity.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He never possessed the off the charts combination of athleticism, strength, and explosiveness to have Aaron Donald type of ability. That’s not a knock on Dareus, but a testament to Donald’s rarity.

You’re right.  He doesn’t have the explosion that Donald has.  But in 2014, he looked like one of the best DTs in the nfl with 10 sacks.  DTs, minus Donald, rarely get that many sacks.  

I always put Dareus in the category of a guy who plays football because he was good at it but he didn’t love it.  Donald seems like he love football and will do whatever he can to be awesome at it.

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

He had a lot of the traits of Donald in a much bigger/stronger frame.

Dareus was a big DT with the athleticism to play DE in the NFL.    

The problem was that he could get away with being overweight when he was in his early 20's.........once you peak athletically you gotta' take better care to get the same results.........he ceased doing that and is now just a very overweight but effective run defender.

Let's face it though..........the changes McD made were all really just to buy himself more time..........the guys he let go have basically all gone on and made a big difference for their new teams............the trades were about identifying those who would blindly follow and those that would not.

McD had no pedigree and he feared not being able to prove himself before the team lost confidence in him..........so he got rid of the guys he thought would be the first to question him.

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re right.  He doesn’t have the explosion that Donald has.  But in 2014, he looked like one of the best DTs in the nfl with 10 sacks.  DTs, minus Donald, rarely get that many sacks.  

I always put Dareus in the category of a guy who plays football because he was good at it but he didn’t love it.  Donald seems like he love football and will do whatever he can to be awesome at it.

I started a draft Donald thread leading up to that draft(and I rarely start threads).

There was virtually zero interest in drafting Donald here on TSW.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Let's face it though..........the changes McD made were all really just to buy himself more time..........the guys he let go have basically all gone on and made a big difference for their new teams............the trades were about identifying those who would blindly follow and those that would not.

McD had no pedigree and he feared not being able to prove himself before the team lost confidence in him..........so he got rid of the guys he thought would be the first to question him.

Classic :lol: -- and I haven't even started drinking yet.  Glad you're around when I need a good laugh.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Classic :lol: -- and I haven't even started drinking yet.  Glad you're around when I need a good laugh.

I know.......that's why I say "before 5pm @eball's takes are wrong........and after 5pm it's the liquor talkin'".

You should've waited an hour instead of exposing your distrust of the process.:beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Though in 2014 he had jerry on one side and a motivated Mario on the other.  Made his job of falling on what came up the middle easier