First half: Wk 9 Bears at Bills, 1 pm FOX

1 minute ago, familykwi said:

He's a former QB.  I get his point, but at what point does this become Peterman's fault?

?

The ball hit Pryor right in the numbers... he juggled it and popped it up and got picked.

The one to Zay they lit him up before the ball got there causing him to pop it up into the air and get picked.

People act like he's throwing it right to them. They were both fluky plays and I do wonder if Peterman ran over God's dog in another life because he is cursed.

Edited by suorangefan4

Just now, SlowMotionRider said:

More than that.  It's so bad in Buffalo they should be passing out free heroin.

sufentanil -  need something stronger

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

And I think every reasonable Bills fan wasn't expecting much out of this year... the bar was already pretty low despite the playoff berth... and it's STILL disappointing. 

Billsy.

Im pretty sure the whole team realizes without even a third string level competency at QB, the game is lost before it starts. 

New Bills tradition I've been taking part in the past few weeks:

Eat a donut at halftime if the Bills are scoreless at half, representing the bills having a donut on the scoreboard.

In the 4 weeks i have done this, 3 donuts eaten, and one late fg against the Pats to avoid the fate.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s being kind. No business throwing that close to LOS with a defender right there. The guy sucks at QB plain and simple.

What percentage of the time do you think that exact throw becomes an interception? I think it is well below 10% of the time. To be honest I didn't know about that line of scrimmage rule. Peterman should have known, at the same time are we confident saying that he has been coached to know that?

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

He’s being kind. No business throwing that close to LOS with a defender right there. The guy sucks at QB plain and simple.

Every single route was that close to the LOS.

Every single receiver ran a crossing route and the Bears DBs all stayed right there. It's like they know this pathetic playbook.

The fact is the ball still hit Zay in the hands... popped up and was intercepted. That's just bad luck.

Just now, familykwi said:

Watkins is a marginal performer, also regularly hurt in this town, who's making WAY more than his production.  You want that here?

He’s been on two teams with lots of weapons to spread the ball to. His numbers are fine. Most TDs of any Rams WR last year and Goff always looking to throw underneath to Kupp et al. Would you not throw to the fatstest man in the NFL in Hill, or ignore Kelce? Many teams wanted Watkins and were willing to pay big freight. That says all you need to know. He’d be the main weapon here. 

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Watkins is a marginal performer, also regularly hurt in this town, who's making WAY more than his production.  You want that here?

He isn’t doing to shabby in kc! He’s better than what we got!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

Every single route was that close to the LOS.

Every single receiver ran a crossing route and the Bears DBs all stayed right there. It's like they know this pathetic playbook.

The fact is the ball still hit Zay in the hands... popped up and was intercepted. That's just bad luck.

It all comes back to the extremely limiting factor that is Peterman. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Let's not argue degrees of gutlessness.  Neither are shining examples of heady QB play. 

Ahh, maybe he was trying to get decapitated and another play in the red zone? Taking one for the team! And think of how many fans he would make happy! 

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That may be the most gutless and stupid play I've seen a QB make.  Throw it up you cowardly moron!

The thing is - if you're going to commit to taking off in that situation you've got to be willing to try to do everything to reach the EZ - cut back into the field of play, not run out of bounds - what's the point?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That may be the most gutless and stupid play I've seen a QB make.  Throw it up you cowardly moron!

IN Nate's defense, according to WGR he looked at the sideline and made a kicking motion, as if to ask:  sure you don't want to kick a field goal here?  

Hush $ is literally the best offensive player on the team, I would have taken the 3 points going into the locker room. 

Not going to win with FGs, but then again, we're not going to win.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It all comes back to the extremely limiting factor that is Peterman. 

No it comes down to us being in 3rd down almost all game because the running game has 11 carries for 14 yards (not counting Peterman's runs).

This offensive line is a mess.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What percentage of the time do you think that exact throw becomes an interception? I think it is well below 10% of the time. To be honest I didn't know about that line of scrimmage rule. Peterman should have known, at the same time are we confident saying that he has been coached to know that?

Oh I agree that throw is not always an INT. I disagree it is often a 1st down. Most of the time it is just incomplete. It is still a bad throw. It is 2 yards behind his guy

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

IN Nate's defense, according to WGR he looked at the sideline and made a kicking motion, as if to ask:  sure you don't want to kick a field goal here?  

Hush $ is literally the best offensive player on the team, I would have taken the 3 points going into the locker room. 

Not going to win with FGs, but then again, we're not going to win.

You don't run the ball there #1 and # 2 he ran out of bounds to end the half.  Stupid and gutless!

1 minute ago, Talley56 said:

Peterman hasn’t been good but he has not been the only problem today.  All three turnovers were on the receivers who couldn’t catch/hang on to the ball.

Agreed, andI still like Croom as a weapon. 

• Like (+1) 1