For the sake of the potential #1 overall pick, start Peterman

Just now, suorangefan4 said:

Correct. Haven't thrown one since Allen threw one in the first quarter against the Vikings. Allen had a running TD though.

Unbelievable.

I guess that's how you wind up scoring 10.7 points a game and failing to score 7 points in 4 of our 8 games played. 

This offense is historically bad. How is McDermott's seat not scorching hot?

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If you're paying attention to the games themselves and aren't just looking at the stats, you'd know this isn't true.

Anderson is figuring this out.

We're going to win at least 4 more games if Anderson is our starter.

You can't win in the NFL if you can't score 10 points a game. 

This offense is historically terrible. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Well technically they have thrown passes for TDS however.... 

ffs I can’t believe it’s worse that the Thad Teul EJ debacle 

Those guys ran circles around the junk we've had at QB this year.

EJ was better than Anderson, Lewis was better than Anderson, and Tuel was better than Peterman. 

6 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Peterman a little more than 1 quarter vs Texans = passing TD

Allen and Anderson in last 22 quarters = 0 passing TDs

I don't know about you but I like my QBs to throw TDs. Peterman seems like the only one who can do that with this crappy offense.

LOL

Remember in Ghostbusters, when all the evil, negative goo was coursing through the city? I think we are there. 

I’ll just chuckle, as I did at the movie. No point in making myself crazy over this. That doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. I just shows balance in life...or so I think. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TPS said:

If Allen is healthy, he needs to play and get experience. 

True, but if there's risk of making his current injury worse because it's not fully healed--which is how it currently sounds--he shouldn't.

7 minutes ago, JPP said:

LOL......now that was funny.....Anderson gonna win us 6 or 7 games....LOL.......when was the last time this team scored a throwing TD.....we have 3 on the season i believe.....dont matter who you start we be lucky to win maybe 2 or 3 games max!

We've already won 2 games and if you're watching the games, Anderson will figure things out and winning at least a few more unless McDermott blatantly tanks.

Pay attention!!!

9 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Peterman a little more than 1 quarter vs Texans = passing TD

Allen and Anderson in last 22 quarters = 0 passing TDs

I don't know about you but I like my QBs to throw TDs. Peterman seems like the only one who can do that with this crappy offense.

The problem is that he throws more INT's which become TD's for the other team...he's like a minus 6!

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Remember in Ghostbusters, when all the evil, negative goo was coursing through the city? I think we are there. 

I’ll just chuckle, as I did at the movie. No point in making myself crazy over this. That doesn’t mean you’re not a fan. I just shows balance in life...or so I think. 

It's entertainment by this point. Might as well have fun and hope for a better day

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

True, but if there's risk of making his current injury worse because it's not fully healed--which is how it currently sounds--he shouldn't.

We've already won 2 games and if you're watching the games, Anderson will figure things out and winning at least a few more unless McDermott blatantly tanks.

Pay attention!!!

Ive unfortunately watched all the games......he sucks,,,,,pay attention!!  Here it is.....it dont matter because not only our QBs are pure garbage on this team with no redeeming qualities whatsoever......the cast around our QB's are even worse hence why our offense cannot do anything.......we stopped scoring td's......the playcalling is atrocious.....the only somewhat of a bright spot is Chris Ivory.....dear lord.....i cant believe im even commenting on the possible emergance of a QB named Derek Anderson......he wont even make it to the end of season.....guy is going back to golfing (if he can still walk)

Colin Kaepernick would make this offense a little bit more exciting by extending plays with his legs & executing the RPO. That said I get the feeling that tank mode is in full effect. How the hell did we win in Minnesota & beat Tennessee? This team is horrible on offense.

5 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

The problem is that he throws more INT's which become TD's for the other team...he's like a minus 6!

Didn't Anderson just throw a pick-6 to the other team tonight? He also had a second one that should've been a pick-6 but they dropped it.

Last week against the Colts he threw 3 INTs last week too and had a 4th INT that should've been a pick-6 dropped also.

And he's a vet. Peterman is young.

Edited by suorangefan4

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

No he didn’t. The Browns went 10-6 that year but missed the playoffs.

I honestly think Anderson sprained his I’ve-had-enough-of-this tendon at the end there.

Really? My mistake. My mind escapes me as I get older

2 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Agreed. Give him 2 games back to back before the bye. 

Yeah if Derek is out and JA still hurt, might as well sign Kaepernick to back up Peterman. Hate to say it, Peterman has more talent in his pinky toe than Kaepernick, this will be the next Joe Webb package IMHO

3 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Colin Kaepernick would make this offense a little bit more exciting by extending plays with his legs & executing the RPO. That said I get the feeling that tank mode is in full effect. How the hell did we win in Minnesota & beat Tennessee? This team is horrible on offense.

Nah man Peterman is clearly better. Why else would he be in the NFL? ^

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Exactly why Peterman should start for a now 2-6 football team that would now, at worst, need to go 7-1 in order to make the playoffs.

I see your point but I would prefer to give Allen the experience. Playoffs are out of the question with this ball club. 

3 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Didn't Anderson just throw a pick-6 to the other team tonight? He also had a second one that should've been a pick-6 but they dropped it.

Last week against the Colts he threw 3 INTs last week too and had a 4th INT that should've been a pick-6 dropped also.

yes a pick 6 for an 85 yard return........this thread is just plain funny.......I guess we're all debating who is the worse QB by the interception record.....

6 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Didn't Anderson just throw one to the other team today? He also had a second one that should've been a pick-6 but they dropped it.

WTH is should have??? You're assuming all NP pick 6's were INT's!

Here's a should have for you, NP should have been cut (PS maybe) and another QB could have been the 3rd stringer...NP is who we thought he is, and we let him off the hook!

Edited by pimp on da' net

12 minutes ago, JPP said:

Ive unfortunately watched all the games......he sucks,,,,,pay attention!!  Here it is.....it dont matter because not only our QBs are pure garbage on this team with no redeeming qualities whatsoever......the cast around our QB's are even worse hence why our offense cannot do anything.......we stopped scoring td's......the playcalling is atrocious.....the only somewhat of a bright spot is Chris Ivory.....dear lord.....i cant believe im even commenting on the possible emergance of a QB named Derek Anderson......he wont even make it to the end of season.....guy is going back to golfing (if he can still walk)

... and yet... if you're legitimately paying attention... he's still better than Peterman :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

How about for the sake of not trotting some has-been, useless player that has NO CHANCE of ever playing for this team again. Anyone who wanted Anderson to start is beyond blind, such a joke. At least Peterman has a chance to play again OR give you the top pick. But no, let's start a guy who can't even throw ONE TD in 2 weeks!!!

8 minutes ago, CDogg20 said:

I see your point but I would prefer to give Allen the experience. Playoffs are out of the question with this ball club. 

Agreed completely on Allen, but it sounds like the injury is worse than initially thought.

Put Allen in if he doesn't risk making his injury worse. Otherwise, Pick-Six-Peterman!!!

18 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

They both suck. This season is a wash, so get your top 3 pick. Play either,  it really doesn't matter. Allen is not learning squat from Nate or Derek. If this organization has any brain cells left they'll go after Herbert and let Justin and Josh fight it out. Peterman and Anderson will only be Bills for 8 more games.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Agreed completely on Allen, but it sounds like the injury is worse than initially thought.

Put Allen in if he doesn't risk making his injury worse. Otherwise, Pick-Six-Peterman!!!

100% agree. I’m in on Allen for the future. Don’t mess that rocket arm up, give it time to heal. If he’s not healthy, at 2-6, you go full on with the tank. I always believed McBeans plan was to have the 2nd year of the regime to be a down year anyways

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They both suck. This season is a wash, so get your top 3 pick. Play either,  it really doesn't matter. Allen is not learning squat from Nate or Derek. If this organization has any brain cells left they'll go after Herbert and let Justin and Josh fight it out. Peterman and Anderson will only be Bills for 8 more games.

Peterman is young. Came into the league with a bad offensive line, bad receivers, mediocre offensive scheme.

I still don't buy that he sucks. He has good mechanics and is accurate. He just needs to not telegraph when he's going to throw the out patterns.

He also lit up Clemson in college. Sucky QBs don't do that.

Edited by suorangefan4

3 hours ago, Perry Turtle said:

Tanking for the top pick when you're not targeting a QB is just a giant FU to the fans who continue to pay top dollar to watch total incompetence. 

Seriously, how will the #1 pick in the draft help this pathetic offense.  It's like trying to fix a sink hole with an tube of toothpaste.

Take the top pick and trade it for more pics in the draft.

I'd draft 5 olineman and from there wide receivers. I wouldn't touch defense until oline and wr issues are addressed.

Edited by Bfanlc

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

If Allen is out til after the bye and perhaps the whole season and we're really looking to the future...

start Peterman.

Anderson might not have the stats, but if you're watching him, we will absolutely win 6 or 7 games this season even after this Patriots loss. Our defense is soooooo damn good and Anderson looks like he's starting to get a little more comfortable... yes, I know what his stats are.

So, let's make everyone happy... the Peterman guys... the tank guys....

well... I guess not the "win now" guys-- I was one of those.

But... can't please everyone.

Start Peterman!!!

I don't think you can start him, this would definitely cause a rift in the locker imo.