Bronco's cut Chad Kelly

10 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Hasn’t had a chance in regular season action and looked sharp in preseason. I would bring him in. There is absolutely zero chance he is worse than Peterman and he probably isn’t any worse than Anderson either. 

Theres a certain irony in this post. You know, preseason, and peterman and all 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, NoSaint said:

Theres a certain irony in this post. You know, preseason, and peterman and all 

Sure is, but Peterman was given a chance last season in regular season play and crashed and burned. Given a few more chances of regular season play and crashed and burned. Chad Kelly has not been given a chance in the regular season yet. Not saying he will succeed. But he certainly has a better chance than Peterman. 

6 minutes ago, ocemur said:

I'm looking forward to the Chad Kelly v. Johnny Manziel shoot out in the 2021 Grey Cup. 

I have a strong feeling Manziel will be cut by the Alouettes at the end of the season. He hasn't won a single game and his performance overall has been less than impressive. In addition he sustained a pretty significant concussion. It will take a miraculous comeback to save his career. 

5 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, for sure. 

Heres what Elway said after drafting Chad -

I’d be pretty pissed off right now if I were Jim Kelly... 

Chad appears to have a lot of growing up to do still.

Sad part is that one day he will most likely look back and realize what he squandered. 

He is a good QB, has the talent and was probably afforded more opportunity than most because of his last name, yet he pissed it all away (so far, anyway...). 

I hope this kid wakes up before this all passes him by, if it hasn’t already. 

He's a fringe talent who probably could have hung around for a few years, bounced from team to team, and collected enough $ to live the rest of his life on, easily...while essentially never doing anything at the position.

He just pissed that away. 

What an ass.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, prissythecat said:

Given the guy's off field history,  what make anyone think that another NFL team will waste time on him?  After a certain point,  its not worth it

If he comes to the Bills, his uncle Jimbo will keep him in line.   Sign him, dump Nate.

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

People around here acting like Chad Kelly is actually an impressive Quarterback. He wishes he had half the talent Ryan Mallet did. Change his last name to Wizkowski and no one gives a *****.

He can fog a mirror.  If it will get Peterman off our roster, sign him now!!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I sign him to the PS, and here is why.

No team will be willing to touch him until some time passes and wounds can heal.

From what I'm reading, this wasn't just about the arrest.  Reports state he got into an altercation with a guest at the party, got into an altercation with security at the party, and had to get kicked out.  The team's leadership group was upset that Kelly ruined a Halloween event that is held yearly and is made to strengthen comradery.  That rubbed many of the players the wrong way, and it came across that allowing him back in the locker room would be a strain to the team.  Like that one friend you stop hanging out with cuz he can't hold his liquor and acts like an idiot. 

So here is a 24 year old kid 1500 miles away from home gets drunk and makes a huge mistake that cost him his job.  Got it.

But there is a difference between being a dumb college kid and a dumb young adult.  

In my mind, there is only one team that makes sense for him to play for.  That's Buffalo.

If they do sign him to the PS, he will be back in his hometown.  He will have a solid support system, including his uncle and many of his brothers who can be there and help keep him straight.  You have a serious heart to heart with him and his family explaining what needs to be done and what is expected, and allow that family support system to see if he can make a difference. He will be made fully aware that this may be his last shot.  Have his Uncle in the room.  HIs father, mother.  Team leadership group. 

He hadn't been read his final rites as a pro QB yet until today.  From this point forward he only has one shot left.

Why?  

Yes, it's because of the T word.  Talent.  He was touted as an early round prospect.  He showed this past pre season that he has talent, more than probably what's on the roster outside of Josh Allen.  Many slated him as the potential starter if they hadn't poured all that money into Keenum.  You put the guy on the PS, a structured program, and surround him with his family and our leadership group who are there for him.   Submerge him in our culture and way of doing things.

Whether that's good enough, only he will decide.  But for me, it's worth the risk..  

Are you forgetting about the times he's been in Buffalo and / or around family where he's majorly Fd up, or you just think this time will be different? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Caveman said:

Are you forgetting about the times he's been in Buffalo and / or around family where he's majorly Fd up, or you just think this time will be different? 

Oh, c'mon. Who hasn't gotten into a fight in football game where you don't play for either team? 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ocemur said:

Oh, c'mon. Who hasn't gotten into a fight in football game where you don't play for either team? 

I get your point but you’ve seen the crowds at Bills game right?  I’d bet half of this board has been in a fight of a game they weren’t apart of. :)

• Haha (+1) 2

8 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

People around here acting like Chad Kelly is actually an impressive Quarterback. He wishes he had half the talent Ryan Mallet did. Change his last name to Wizkowski and no one gives a *****.

As a proud descendent of the distinguished Wizkowski lineage, I resent that remark.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

If he comes to the Bills, his uncle Jimbo will keep him in line.   Sign him, dump Nate.

He can fog a mirror.  If it will get Peterman off our roster, sign him now!!! 

No. 

• Like (+1) 1