Bombs in Mail to Democrat Leaders?

Cinga

ROGER SIMON: Does It Matter Which Crazy Sent the Bombs?

Even if Brennan was misspelled, Occam’s Razor is beginning to spell “HOAX”  correctly.  But by and for whom?  Here as well we don’t know, but again followers of William of Ockham would tend to point you toward the left wing – a single leftie nutcase or some Antifa types, perhaps. After all, cui bono?  With Kavanaugh and the caravan, things were not looking good for the Democrats. The subject had to be changed before it was too late and the blue wave turned red. So far, however, it’s not working.

No wonder the reliably left-leaning Chuck Todd is suddenly pointing toward Russia, not some MAGA-hatted redneck with a Confederate flag tattooed on his chest, as the perpetrator. It’s a dead giveaway.  He’s probably hoping for the Russians now.  Because if it goes as it’s currently looking, it’s bad news for his team.

Read the whole thing.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

With NBC suddenly having to create a distraction from the implosion of Avanetti... Chuck Todd finally does the inevitable: 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

I don't laugh because it's impossible. I laugh because it's predictable. 

Fullsized image

Ugh. ©uck Todd's the f*cking worst. It's a shame too because he used to be one of the best political commentators out there. He put his personal preferences aside and gave straight honest and insightful analysis. Once he got to the top he threw all that objective journalistic integrity out the window in favor of subversive activism. Now he's just a shill for the Democrats.

BTW, I'm stealing that meme. I can't stop chuckling.

Edited by Rob's House
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yikes.

The media didn't ignore any of that.

What a great example you've provided of how much twitter is ruining our society.

Talk about divided times.

Just to point to one example, Michelle Obama once said "when they go low, we go high."

Obviously a metaphor.  Obviously not in relation to physical fights.  Obviously tied to dialogue.

Eric Holder, very obviously responding to her metaphor and reversing it, said "when they go low, kick them."

Also, obviously a metaphor.  And frankly, the Democrats biggest downfall politically has been that they've been far more civil and don't get dirty the way Republicans to, in general.  

There's nothing about anything physical there and everyone who's even remotely informed understood that what he said was a metaphor in response to another metaphor.

All of those comparisons in that stupid tweet, besides the fact that they're basically apples to oranges in the types of things being said by our President, are being said by people who are NOT the President of our country.

How'd that work for Marco Rubio in regards to Trump in the primaries when he made fun of his hands after Trump made fun of him sweating?  How'd it work out for Ted Cruz when he called Trump a sniveling coward after Trump accused his dad of killing JFK, claimed he was Canadian and shouldn't be allowed to run, and attacked his wife's looks on twitter?  How'd it recently work out for Elizabeth Warren?

You can't beat Trump if you get sucked in and play his game.  You ignore the noise, the insults, etc... and beat him with policy ideas.  Luckily, despite the complete stupidity of the national media, most House democratic candidates are focusing their message to healthcare in competitive districts.  The messaging has been effective enough it's forced Republicans to do on the defensive embracing a part of the ACA and promising they'll protect people from insurance companies dropping them or increasing their rates for preexisting conditions.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Foxx said:

just in case he has you on ignore (not that i believe he does), i will quote you. do i think he will response and do as you asked, no. i don't think he can though i would like to see him try.

ETA: i see i was wrong, he did respond but I was right in that he wouldn't respond directly.

I've never ignored anyone on a message board in my life.

I also never ventured into PPP.

This time one of my posts was moved here from OTW so that's how I ended up here.

It's not a place I'll come back to, though.

All respect to my fellow Bills fans, even when we disagree politically.

7 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don’t believe that to be true.  I believe you fully know, and understand that the discussion being held currently is the single most important discussion American citizens will have in their lifetimes, but aren’t quite sure how to respond, because the facts you’ve been presented with, and make no mistake, they are facts, run counter to what you’ve been trained to believe.

I sincerely hope you decide to stick around.

I'm going to be respectful.

I'm informed.

Am I the most informed person in the world?

Not a chance.

I have naught the time--take that statement for whatever you want, but I keep up with current events via much more than mainstream media a helluva lot more than the average Joe and I vote.

I keep up with all of my civic duties.

I think if you legitimately look at these political conversations like in this thread alone, you can acknowledge that people are just downright mean when they're confronted in the political opposition. It's almost a natural response in today's climate.

I don't friggin care who started it, but I don't want to be a part of it.

I said I think there should be a 3rd party for a reason. 

I have a rich and knowledgeable and happy enough life to bring it down with this kinda talk.

4 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm informed.

Not a chance.

I have naught the time--take that statement for whatever you want, but I keep up with current events via much more than mainstream media a helluva lot more than the average Joe and I vote.

I think if you legitimately look at these political conversations like in this thread alone, you can acknowledge that people are just downright mean when they're confronted in the political opposition. It's almost a natural response in today's climate.

I have a rich and knowledgeable and happy enough life to bring it down with this kinda talk.

I think the point is that “keeping up with current events” and “being informed” doesn’t necessarily merit the integrity of your ideas. PPP is wonderful because almost everyone on here is “informed” but that doesn’t mean your ideas hold up under scrutiny.

PPP is the forum for discourse, and the forum for the honing, refining and yes sometimes demolishing political ideas. It shouldn’t make you upset. We have all believed in something strongly and then years later said “wow, that was dumb.” PPP just speeds up that process.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Like (+1) 8

5 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm informed.

Not a chance.

I dont think that the people here were any meaner than the guys who used to give you crap all the time about sticking up for Tyrod, and I actually admired your willingness to put up with them and try and justify your position despite the constant crap you took.

So, I am kinda shocked that you wouldnt have that same kind of mentality in regards to this situation.

People here arent as closed minded as you think. The majority of the nonsense and insults is directed at two posters here who have proven to be nothing more than shills and dont actually have anything to back up their claims.

I would hope that you would be willing to stick around and discuss ideas with people here.

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

How'd that work for Marco Rubio in regards to Trump in the primaries when he made fun of his hands after Trump made fun of him sweating?  How'd it work out for Ted Cruz when he called Trump a sniveling coward after Trump accused his dad of killing JFK, claimed he was Canadian and shouldn't be allowed to run, and attacked his wife's looks on twitter?  How'd it recently work out for Elizabeth Warren?

You can't beat Trump if you get sucked in and play his game.  You ignore the noise, the insults, etc... and beat him with policy ideas.  Luckily, despite the complete stupidity of the national media, most House democratic candidates are focusing their message to healthcare in competitive districts.  The messaging has been effective enough it's forced Republicans to do on the defensive embracing a part of the ACA and promising they'll protect people from insurance companies dropping them or increasing their rates for preexisting conditions.

I'd say there's a massive difference between a "sick burn" and dirty politics.

At the end of the day "Low energy Jeb" isn't all that much different than "The 80s called, and they want their foreign policy back".

What happened to Brett Kavanaugh isn't even remotely similar, and that what the slimiest, most disgusting thing I've ever observed in my lifetime; and is going to result in actual jail time for some of the most egregious offenders.

Conversely, what happened to Liz Warren was done to Liz Warren herself.  There's nothing wrong with mocking a proven bald faced liar who assumed the heritage of a marginalized group she doesn't belong to in order to afford herself educational, employment, and political advantage.  People who do that are disgusting, morally rudderless human beings.

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm informed.

Not a chance.

I agree with BringBackOrton's comments. You will find more honest debate here than virtually anywhere else. Why don't you give us your well-thought out reasons for advocating for a 3rd party and see where that discussion takes us?

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm informed.

Not a chance.

You will find, if you give it a chance, that PPP is actually a place where real, honest, and frank discussion happens quite regularly once you figure out who you want to engage with, and once you've learned to embrace the ignore feature.

Politics, more than anything else in the world, is like an open flame drawing moths when it comes to trolls, and this place has more than it's fair share.  But this place also has some truly bright and wonderful people, and a wealth of knowledge and ideas; and for me, that makes navigating those who are here only to get a rise out of others, or to disseminate misinformation, well worth the endeavor.

To say this place has a "right leaning bent" is inaccurate.  Most of the individuals here who I would call "power posters" are classically liberal to varied degrees; but there are bright, engaging, and well read and spoken folks who come down all across the philosophical and political spectrum, and I've learned things from all of them, and hope they have learned things from me as well.

There's little to no value in discussing things with people who already agree with you.  Echo chambers aren't good for much of anything, as you aren't going to learn anything from an individual whose ideas you already share.

So again, I hope you'll stick around and agree to engage with those of us who are actually trying to talk with you rather than at or past you.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You will find, if you give it a chance, that PPP is actually a place where real, honest, and frank discussion happens quite regularly once you figure out who you want to engage with, and once you've learned to embrace the ignore feature.

Politics, more than anything else in the world, is like an open flame drawing moths when it comes to trolls, and this place has more than it's fair share.  But this place also has some truly bright and wonderful people, and a wealth of knowledge and ideas; and for me, that makes navigating those who are here only to get a rise out of others, or to disseminate misinformation, well worth the endeavor.

To say this place has a "right leaning bent" is inaccurate.  Most of the individuals here who I would call "power posters" are classically liberal to varied degrees; but there are bright, engaging, and well read and spoken folks who come down all across the philosophical and political spectrum, and I've learned things from all of them, and hope they have learned things from me as well.

There's little to no value in discussing things with people who already agree with you.  Echo chambers aren't good for much of anything, as you aren't going to learn anything from an individual whose ideas you already share.

So again, I hope you'll stick around and agree to engage with those of us who are actually trying to talk with you rather than at or past you.

Well said.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I've never ignored anyone on a message board in my life.

I also never ventured into PPP.

This time one of my posts was moved here from OTW so that's how I ended up here.

It's not a place I'll come back to, though.

All respect to my fellow Bills fans, even when we disagree politically.

i didn't think you ignored him as i stated, more it was an attempt to get you to acknowledge the post which was a really good attempt to engage you in a civil discourse. you stated a position that was thoughtfully challenged. i saw an opportunity for a the basis of a good discussion to be had and played a little reverse psychology in means of goading you into developing that conversation. 

reading through all the balanced responses to your posts,with regard, i believe i was not alone in my assessment. i can really add nothing to what has been said as it all has been said rather well to this point other than, you may find great benefit from the honest discussion to be had here. just wear your big girl panties is all i will say (and that is not derogatory).

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I'm informed.

Not a chance.

That's a lot of I's. 

confidently declares, “I don’t know whether the bombs are real or not, but we should not crawl under the bed close the doors, not go out, be afraid to go to rallies, whatever, we have to keep doing what we’re doing in order to make this country right. That’s what I intend to do and as the young people said — I ain’t scared.” 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theweek.co.uk/97291/what-are-npcs-and-why-has-twitter-banned-them%3famp

looks like Twitter has sent these memes packing along with James Woods ??‍♂️????

38 minutes ago, GG said:

It's like Twitter is begging to be regulated

Just now:

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1055822810940129283