Bombs in Mail to Democrat Leaders?

Cinga

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Early reports are he's a guy with a record who has a history of mailing threatening letters to judges. 

Former New Yorker, now living in Florida.

Who the hell was that nutjob here who moved to Florida?   *****

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Early reports are he's a guy with a record who has a history of mailing threatening letters to judges. 

Former New Yorker, now living in Florida.

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In his late 50s.

HA! i knew it was Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

We shall see.

Although I'd laugh out loud if the person really was really associated with DWS' office at some point. 

I wouldn't.  Disaffected former employee, pissed off and wanting revenge?  Not at all impossible.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

And it's likely not a hard/far righty for that same reason (a lot of ex mil who know how to make things go boom). 

People are placing bets on a Bernie Bro.

I know I am making fun, and this could have been a very serious and tragic situation, but sometimes, if you don't laugh, you cry. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

People are placing bets on a Bernie Bro.

I know I am making fun, and this could have been a very serious and tragic situation, but sometimes, if you don't laugh, you cry. 

What this story, above all else shows me, is we need more humor in the public discourse. We used to be able to make fun, even of tragedy, without losing our minds. No more though. We must not stray from appropriate, pre-approved responses. 

Hopefully that will start to change as we get through the fog of war we're all muddled in at present.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What this story, above all else shows me, is we need more humor in the public discourse. We used to be able to make fun, even of tragedy, without losing our minds. No more though. We must not stray from appropriate, pre-approved responses. 

Hopefully that will start to change as we get through the fog of war we're all muddled in at present.

if i were asked, i would say that it is the fault of the mainstream propagandists whipping the (m)***** into a froth.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What are you, an NPC??? :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

As long as we're placing bets I'll guess a very unconnected guy who genuinely dislikes those to whom he sent mail.  He probably has right wing leanings, but not ultra right, and isn't a total moron IQ wise but is below average.  I'd also guess that the motive was more mockery than fear and zero intent to do physical harm.

If I'm right or wrong, the crap he did wasn't funny.  If he is left or right his actions ultimately speak more about himself than Trump, CNN, Biden, DeNiro or anyone else.

Hope he's jailed for life.

I also hope we can all remember that no matter what side of the political spectrum this scumbag is on, he does not speak for everyone on that said of the spectrum. With that said, there should be discussion on whether his political viewpoint influenced his decision without subterfuge taking over said discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: Was just looking for this image before the van got covered. Can't really read the stickers, anyone have any luck reading them?

Radio is saying that lots of Pro-Trump, Pro-Republican imagery on that.  Hopefully, there is proof that this van has been like this for a while to lend authenticity to what is happening.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, peace out said:

I also hope we can all remember that no matter what side of the political spectrum this scumbag is on, he does not speak for everyone on that said of the spectrum. With that said, there should be discussion on whether his political viewpoint influenced his decision without subterfuge taking over said discussion.

If he truly has been sending things to judges, and now this... he probably needs mental help. 

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

And for the ricin people and Antifa people too right?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, peace out said:

If the evidence is there then yes.  A guy with pro-right wing imagery does not make him guilty by itself no more than if this investigation centered around a guy driving a van sporting  pro-left imagery.