Chad Kelly arrested & charged with criminal trespassing; Cut by Broncos

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Love how people don't need one shred of evidence or any piece of the story to prosecute and convict this kid.  Guilty until proven innocent in the US these days and the social media legal system we seem to now employ as the standard.

I think he deserves the death penalty ;)

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Someone called the cops because he was lurking outside their house, and then he attempted to enter the property. The cops then picked him up shortly after they arrived.

What's left to wonder about given his lack of idiot activity in the past? 

Not true at all.  Someone matching his description was.  That could be as vague as a 5'10" - 6'2" 180-220 lbs white male wearing jeans and a black t-shirt or something like that.

Edited by Mark80

Just now, Mark80 said:

Not true at all.  Someone matching his description was.  That could be a vague as a 6'1 male wearing jeans and a black t-shirt or something like that.

Right. 

Because so many potential imposters are hanging around outside at 1:30 in the morning. 

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Why would you give him the benefit of the doubt?

Someone called the cops because he was lurking outside their house, and then he attempted to enter the property. The cops then picked him up shortly after they arrived.

What's left to wonder about given his lack of idiot activity in the past? 

Because he’s Jim Kelly’s nephew.  Dude has been given a pass on everything his whole life.  It’s why he’s the way he is.  

• Like (+1) 2

From details of reports, Chad was drunk and stumbled into someones property.     Should merit an outright release from Broncos at this point given his history.

Chad Kelly Report

Affidavit says Chad Kelly "sat down on the couch...mumbling incoherently" next to woman & her small child. Man of the house hit Kelly with a vacuum tube to get him to leave. Englewood PD arrested him outside the Gothic Theater.

1 minute ago, prissythecat said:

From details of reports, Chad was drunk and stumbled into someones property.     Should merit an outright release from Broncos at this point given his history.

Chad Kelly Report

Affidavit says Chad Kelly "sat down on the couch...mumbling incoherently" next to woman & her small child. Man of the house hit Kelly with a vacuum tube to get him to leave. Englewood PD arrested him outside the Gothic Theater.

This sounds more like Ryen Rusillo than Ryan Leaf.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he’s Jim Kelly’s nephew.  Dude has been given a pass on everything his whole life.  It’s why he’s the way he is.  

Agreed. 

I'm just pointing out why anyone would doubt this accusation is true, responding to someone's claim that everyone is now deemed guilty until proven innocent.

This isn't Kelly's first idiot move and it won't be his last. You're a professional athlete. What are you doing stumbling around at 1 am on a Monday completely hammered? 

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Guffalo said:

You mean like when Peterman steps on the field and we all scream at the TV? 

best was a few back while on business in NYC, at a sports bar they showed Armando Benitez warming up in the bullpen and the whole bar seemed to stand up and yell "sit the ***** down!!!!'' or something like that

Was he on the same stuff as Zay Jones? At least Chad kept his clothes on and was not trying to jump out of a window. 

Seriously - drugs can get the best of people. Chad has gotten lucky or been excused of things his whole life. No serious consequences at least that motivated him to learn from them. I doubt getting cut would even be enough. He needs treatment if he ever wants to get better. 

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Was he on the same stuff as Zay Jones? At least Chad kept his clothes on and was not trying to jump out of a window. 

Seriously - drugs can get the best of people. Chad has gotten lucky or been excused of things his whole life. No serious consequences at least that motivated him to learn from them. I doubt getting cut would even be enough. He needs treatment if he ever wants to get better. 

Not sure what this has to do with Zay Jones. Yes he had an incident but he wasn’t arrested and he wasn’t in someone else’s house at 1am

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sure what this has to do with Zay Jones. Yes he had an incident but he wasn’t arrested and he wasn’t in someone else’s house at 1am

Zay was lucky to be with his brother. That is why he didnt get arrested. He was "tweaking" and running around his apartment complex naked. His brother got to him before he could enter someone elses room or make it to the street etc. Very lucky guy. 

Just now, ngbills said:

Zay was lucky to be with his brother. That is why he didnt get arrested. He was "tweaking" and running around his apartment complex naked. His brother got to him before he could enter someone elses room or make it to the street etc. Very lucky guy. 

Lucky his brother was there except his brother was the one who gave him the drugs so 

Just now, LittleSammy said:

I feel for Jim Kelly. Given everything he has been with his health issues now he has to deal with this dumb a$& doing something like this....

Um, did you ever hear the stuff Jim did when he was Swag’s Age?  This is amateur hour for Jimbo.  No social media though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LittleSammy said:

I feel for Jim Kelly. Given everything he has been with his health issues now he has to deal with this dumb a$& doing something like this....

I agree.... to a point. I do not want him to have to deal with this on top of everything else. But i think in some ways, he’s enabled his behavior. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Depends on the crime intended. It will all get plead down anyway which is why you tend to go with the more severe charge.

Yeah my guess is he just wandered into wrong place drunk.

Lotta' those cookie cutter developments around suburban Denver where houses all look about the same.

Going to wrong house drunk is what got pole 6's Anthony kicked out of the seminary at St. John's...........that and being the only not-gay dude there.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah my guess is he just wandered into wrong place drunk.

Lotta' those cookie cutter developments around suburban Denver where houses all look about the same.

Going to wrong house drunk is what got pole 6's Anthony kicked out of the seminary at St. John's...........that and being the only not-gay dude there.

Take a look at google map image of the street. Its an older looking street with old houses, not your new development. He was just wasted and probably saw a light on. 

1 hour ago, wppete said:

I dont think he will get many more chances. Pretty sad to see this happen. Hope it works out but doesnt look good.

What exactly was he doing? What exactly is the difference between trespassing and criminal trespassing? 

I would assume trespassing would be just being on a private property your not permitted to be on. Criminal trespassing would involve being on the property to do a criminal act, like vadilisim or theft.

• Like (+1) 1