Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

30 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Seriously.  "Beto."  "Beto O'Rourke."  And I thought "Mitt Romney" was silly.  

I'm starting a birther conspiracy that Beto O'Rourke is actually Nigerian.

Speaking of ridiculous names.  "Jay Insley" somehow sounds more ridiculous than a grown man going by "Scoop Jackson."

(Though neither is as ridiculous as "Scooter Libby.")

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Dean Pees

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Dick Trickle is hands down the best.

(David) P**ker was mentioned quite a bit yesterday

Edited by Uncle Joe

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Speaking of ridiculous names.  "Jay Insley" somehow sounds more ridiculous than a grown man going by "Scoop Jackson." 

Since he's from Washington state, the name "Jay" is appropriate and I fully support it :).

Edited by reddogblitz

13 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

It is getting to the point where the list of who isn't running for President on the Democratic side will be shorter than who is running. :huh:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Inslee being introduced in his kick-off speech by the president of the National Congress of American Indians,

who is from a Washington State tribe

elizabeth-warren.jpg........."DAMNITT !"

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

What a leader!

He also has pushed an ambitious climate agenda, with mixed results, failing to persuade lawmakers and voters to adopt pollution fees on carbon emissions, but boosting electric-car infrastructure and creating a clean-energy fund that has poured millions into green projects. Despite Inslee’s agenda, greenhouse emissions in Washington have continued to rise, missing near-term reduction goals set in state law.

tw7JPE5v_bigger.jpgThe HillVerified account @thehill
FollowFollow @thehill

Bernie Sanders: "Donald Trump wants to divide us up based on the color of our skin, based on where we were born, based on our gender, our religion and our sexual orientation."

Good God Bernie, that is literally the democrat party platform now.

Without identity politics, there’d be no democrat Party.

"Individual rights.............Not group rights"

• Like (+1) 1

Earlier this week, @OregonGovBrown made it easier for families to stay in their neighborhoods by enacting statewide rent control. No one should ever have to choose between paying their rent each month or feeding their children.

The willful ignorance of basic economics continues

• Like (+1) 2

I've never personally run into rent control laws but as a former landlord I can see unintended consequences. What happens if the rent includes utilities and the price of those go up? Does rent control hurt the ability of the Landlord to update? Maintain? Whenever the government imposes laws that go against the law of supply and demand they ***** things up.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I've never personally run into rent control laws but as a former landlord I can see unintended consequences. What happens if the rent includes utilities and the price of those go up? Does rent control hurt the ability of the Landlord to update? Maintain? Whenever the government imposes laws that go against the law of supply and demand they ***** things up.

As landlord you are responsible for paying local property taxes and pass those taxes along to the tenant.  If the local taxing authority raises your rates or increases your assessment, can you pass that increase along to the tenant?

21 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

As landlord you are responsible for paying local property taxes and pass those taxes along to the tenant.  If the local taxing authority raises your rates or increases your assessment, can you pass that increase along to the tenant?

Unlikely, that would be discriminatory and harmful to the tenant.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Basically, the landlord is screwed.

In NYC people will be paid to leave rent control apartments so either the landlord can sell, or so they can raise the rent for the next tenant. There are a lot of stories too about landlords doing stuff to run off rent control tenants. 

On 2/28/2019 at 3:53 PM, DC Tom said:

Sandy Berger comes to mind. 

6 hours ago, Hedge said:

I think it would have been better if they had photoshopped Trumps face onto a pouncing lion.

but he still has to make it great again....   

Don't mind me.  I came snooping to shh what crap Tranny posted 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

classless as usual Ryan.  And you wonder why people avoid the PPP. 

Come to the PPP and discuss you say in the Shout Box.  Then instead of having a conversation all you do is insult.

How not great is that iced latte and everything bagel ?  How not great is being ######ed and being able to display repetive TDS daily for months on end ? 

It is great.   You’re just an idiot 

which one of these kooks are you voting for in 2020 and why?

Edited by Teddy KGB