Democratic 2020 Presidential Primary Thread

snafu

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No wonder so many Democrats are entering the race. It's almost like they are running for an open seat! 

A NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll shows approximately 4 in 10 voters would vote to reelect President Donald Trump.

In the poll conducted Feb. 24-27, 41 percent of registered voters said they would definitely or likely vote for Trump in 2020; 48 percent said they would definitely or likely vote for the Democratic nominee instead.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/03/trump-2020-election-poll-1200180

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No wonder so many Democrats are entering the race. It's almost like they are running for an open seat! 

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/03/trump-2020-election-poll-1200180

Good numbers.  That info will create overconfidence for the Dem nominee and will motivate Trump to work very hard in his campaign.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

And we got another one ? ?

"John Jacob Hickenlooper Schmidt

His name is my name too.

Whenever we go out

The people always shout 

There goes John Jacob Hickenlooper Schmidt..."

Let's see how long that earworm stays stuck in your head...  :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

2v7iio.jpg

Probably, no definitely, will be less combative than when Republicans last had a primary. "Little Marco" and the Zodica Killer stuff will be hard to top. "She had blood coming out her eyes" 

2 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Good numbers.  That info will create overconfidence for the Dem nominee and will motivate Trump to work very hard in his campaign.

No, I think you guys blew your wade with that one last time. Democrats have learned that there actually are enough idiots in the country who will turn out to vote for Trump. 

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Probably, no definitely, will be less combative than when Republicans last had a primary. "Little Marco" and the Zodica Killer stuff will be hard to top. "She had blood coming out her eyes" 

No, I think you guys blew your wade with that one last time. Democrats have learned that there actually are enough idiots in the country who will turn out to vote for Trump. 

No, Wade is all yours.

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Informed voters will not vote for: green new deal, free college, free healthcare, free childcare, reparations, minimizing the white man, abortion anytime anywhere, outlawing guns, legalizing pot, 70% taxation and universal basic income in large enough numbers to prevail in the electoral college.  Trump who is no doubt a flawed candidate looks like the adult in the room in comparison to the current dem platform.  I always say the party in control always ***** up, but in this case the left may screw the pooch before they even regain control. 

Edited by keepthefaith

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

"John Jacob Hickenlooper Schmidt

His name is my name too.

Whenever we go out

The people always shout 

There goes John Jacob Hickenlooper Schmidt..."

Let's see how long that earworm stays stuck in your head...  :devil:

*#!*&% ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Political Cartoons by Steve Breen

CAITLIN FLANAGAN: The Anger of Amy Klobuchar: Don’t sell cruelty and pathological behavior as a feminist victory.

Her problem is rage, easily uncorked, and directed not at the various forces that might thwart the needs of her constituents, but at the people—many of them young—who work for her. During Klobuchar’s first senatorial campaign, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees decried her “shameful treatment of her employees” in the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office; in March of 2018, Politico reported that she had the highest staff turnover in the Senate. But it has been the recent reporting of BuzzFeed News, HuffPost, The New York Times, and others that has provided the vivid and ugly details of what apparently lies behind those facts. Although many of the staffers and former staffers provided their reports anonymously, the senator has mostly not disputed the specifics, instead seeking to frame the behavior as part of the high expectations she has of herself and her staff. . . .

As dawn must follow dusk, any unpleasant revelation about a successful woman must be immediately plumbed for any possible hint of sexism, and so it has been with the Klobuchar news. If a man threw a binder at his employees, he’d be appointed president for life, is the thinking. An American city would be renamed for him; women would compete to bear him sons; his picture would be printed on currency. Certainly a kind of sexism has accompanied the incident, and the proof is that Klobuchar seems to be surviving these reports., while a man never would.

Well, we expect less of women, apparently.

• Like (+1) 2

My Record Certainly Doesn’t Show Much Flip-Flopping, Says … Kirsten Gillibrand

https://hotair.com/archives/2019/03/04/drink-record-certainly-doesnt-show-much-flip-flopping-says-kirsten-gillibrand/

mrz022519-color_1_orig.jpg

Stacey Abrams said she will run for office again and will decide whether for president or Georgia senator or governor by late March or early April

G-dwI1uA?format=jpg&name=600x314

President ?......................:lol:

Democrats are at the point where the fifth caller will win the Maroon 5 tickets and the nomination.

• Haha (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Why do TV cameras even show up for her?  The world is very Hillary weary. 

Because she still has pull behind the scenes.  In my mind she is officially out on election night after the votes have been tallied in favor of anybody else other than Hillary.  She is probably content to let the clown show continue which keeps any critical press focused elsewhere.  She probably has a fantasy where the party leaders come crawling to her this time next year after the others self destruct.

The last numbers I saw was Fox News runs 55% negative stories about the Trump administration, 45%  positive about the administration. In this day and age when the rest of the networks are running 90%+ negative stories daily about the Trump administration, that is construed as "being for Trump". Think about it - a network runs negative stories about an administration more than half of the time, and yet is still considered "for" the administration because they are almost "balanced".   :wacko:

The MSM is nuts.

And for more crazy:

• Like (+1) 1

Hillary gets the nod, she played her hand this week and will enter at the last moment she can still take it.

Her saying she wasn't running is as laughable as Steinbrenner telling us Billy was his manager "for life"

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Priorities USA, one of the largest Democratic super PACs in the country, released a report in February that listed Ohio low on its priorities in the 2020 presidential election. President Donald Trump won Ohio handily in 2016.

</snip>

That means the Midwest is not as in play as the left says publicly. 

Which means they can't win in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That means the Midwest is not as in play as the left says publicly. 

Which means they can't win in 2020.

Well, reading that article, they have ruled out Iowa too, but have not yet ruled out Georgia or Arizona. so, apparently, "there is a chance" (a small one).

I'd LOVE to know the internal polls show for both parties. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Well, reading that article, they have ruled out Iowa too, but have not yet ruled out Georgia or Arizona. so, apparently, "there is a chance" (a small one).

I'd LOVE to know the internal polls show for both parties. 

Brown just announced he's not running - he was their last great hope to reclaim the working class voters they lost in 2016. (those thinking Biden can bring those voters back are kidding themselves - he's toxic).

If Brown is dropping out, his numbers must have been terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Brown just announced he's not running - he was their last great hope to reclaim the working class voters they lost in 2016. (those thinking Biden can bring those voters back are kidding themselves - he's toxic).

isn't this incredibly early for candidates to be putting a lot on the line for a campaign?

especially if its pretty much a lost cause at this point in time?

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah, Bloomberg decided not to run the other day saying he will spend $100M to "stop Donald Trump" (or something along those lines).  At some point they will drop due to the economic realities.

I have thought Harris was "the chosen one" but if the D internals are as horrible as suspected, I'm not certain why the DNC would want to sacrifice her in 2020. You'd think they would want to push out an "old white" male/female so they could say "LOOK! SEEEEEEE! We need a MINORITY person to run!" and hold her for 2024.  *shrug* I have no idea what the Democrats are doing right now though, and I'm not sure they know either. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would have bet heavily on Biden running a couple months ago but I don't think he's going to run.  I think Bernie's big money raise and big poll numbers and his own party telling everyone that they need diversity in their candidate may keep him away.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

I would have bet heavily on Biden running a couple months ago but I don't think he's going to run.  I think Bernie's big money raise and big poll numbers and his own party telling everyone that they need diversity in their candidate may keep him away.  

Biden has always been wishy washy about everything. As I remember, he said he wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the Osama killing because there was too much of a downside if the mission failed.

6 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

I hope so.

Of course, that's come full-circle, and nowadays it's African-Americans demanding segregation because their black children can't learn while they're being oppressed by the presence of white children.

Biden was just a prophet.  Unlike, y'know, Romney when he called Russia our greatest geopolitical foe...

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

Hillary gets the nod, she played her hand this week and will enter at the last moment she can still take it.

Her saying she wasn't running is as laughable as Steinbrenner telling us Billy was his manager "for life"

As I said recently don't count her out until the stroke of midnight election day 2020 and the votes officially have her ruled out.  She no doubt fantasizes while laying in bed about the panicked phone call from the DNC around Easter of next year begging her to run.  Probably working better for her than even the Hitachi.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

As I said recently don't count her out until the stroke of midnight election day 2020 and the votes officially have her ruled out.  She no doubt fantasizes while laying in bed about the panicked phone call from the DNC around Easter of next year begging her to run.  Probably working better for her than even the Hitachi.  

And even if she doesn't run, I could see her holding a press conference the morning after polling, refusing to accept the results of the election and explaining how it's everyone's fault but hers that she didn't win...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1