Bills Have Worked out FA WR Bennie Fowler

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The WRs do blow, but some of that is on Allen.

A lot of it is but come on with this ****. Look at these WRs. Every single day of every single week should be us trying to fix this. It’s week 6. Let’s go here. Bring in some WRs, trade for one, sign one, I don’t care. These guys aren’t getting it done and if we are being honest...that’s not going to change. Stop signing and releasing Dbacks and PS TEs. Stop worrying about **** that is interchangeable and bottom tier depth. Our starters at this position are worse then most Canadian Football teams. Fix it. No excuses. Do something about it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

31 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A lot of it is but come on with this ****. Look at these WRs. Every single day of every single week should be us trying to fix this. It’s week 6. Let’s go here. Bring in some WRs, trade for one, sign one, I don’t care. These guys aren’t getting it done and if we are being honest...that’s not going to change. Stop signing and releasing Dbacks and PS TEs. Stop worrying about **** that is interchangeable and bottom tier depth. Our starters at this position are worse then most Canadian Football teams. Fix it. No excuses. Do something about it.

Everyone seems to hate the signing and releasing of players throughout the year but I don't understand why.  We picked up Ryan Lewis and Jordan Phillips off of waivers and they've made a difference on the field.  Signing and releasing players is a great way to practice evaluating talent that comes with very little risk.  See what works, throw a bunch of players at the wall and see who sticks.  Depth is important whether you think so or not.

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Great- another bottom feeder WR - just what we need.

And who is the great receiver out there that you want?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Everyone seems to hate the signing and releasing of players throughout the year but I don't understand why.  We picked up Ryan Lewis and Jordan Phillips off of waivers and they've made a difference on the field.  Signing and releasing players is a great way to practice evaluating talent that comes with very little risk.  See what works, throw a bunch of players at the wall and see who sticks.  Depth is important whether you think so or not.

There is nothing of quality out there but I wouldnt want to replace crap with crap.

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

Nobody knows jack about the guy haha.  Waiver picks can certainly turn into solid players.  If it flops, at least they tried.  Due diligence.

You dont make bad points at all- I will say it is much easier to plug and play a DT vs a WR. Also, this Bennie cat hasnt been good at all. Who knows what will happen or how it will turn out.

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

You dont make bad points at all- I will say it is much easier to plug and play a DT vs a WR. Also, this Bennie cat hasnt been good at all. Who knows what will happen or how it will turn out.

Sometimes a new team is just what a player needs.  Jordan Phillips was feeling the new atmosphere here.  Sometimes just that difference in atmosphere is all it takes for a player to turn it up.  Who knows? 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

then bring in....oh hell with it.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Sometimes a new team is just what a player needs.  Jordan Phillips was feeling the new atmosphere here.  Sometimes just that difference in atmosphere is all it takes for a player to turn it up.  Who knows? 

Yeah, never know- we shall see. Heck, we havent even signed him lol

32 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Fine, sign and release some WRs. Release every one we have and keep bringing in new ones until we find good ones

8 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Yeah, never know- we shall see. Heck, we havent even signed him lol

Just saying there is no reason to call him crap without even giving the guy a chance.  

8 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Duh! I'm just throwing basic stats out there cause i want to.

Ok

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Fine, sign and release some WRs. Release every one we have and keep bringing in new ones until we find good ones

Now that's just being ridiculous.  WR is much harder to learn the playbook with all of the different routes.  Releasing everyone we have would be beyond stupid.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Just saying there is no reason to call him crap without even giving the guy a chance.  

Ok

Now that's just being ridiculous.  WR is much harder to learn the playbook with all of the different routes.  Releasing everyone we have would be beyond stupid.

They guys we have are terrible. Not bringing in other people is stupid. They are professionals. It is their job to learn the playbook. We need guys that can play, period.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

They guys we have are terrible. Not bringing in other people is stupid. They are professionals. It is their job to learn the playbook. We need guys that can play, period.

And releasing all of them would be stupid during the season.  Bring in competition for sure but don't just go releasing people because they haven't produced yet.  That's just looking at the stat column.  Zay Jones has been producing some nice routes on the field.  Players can improve...

13 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

And releasing all of them would be stupid during the season.  Bring in competition for sure but don't just go releasing people because they haven't produced yet.  That's just looking at the stat column.  Zay Jones has been producing some nice routes on the field.  Players can improve...

Zay Jones has been as disappointing as almost anyone on the roster. He and KB should be ashamed of themselves. There are players that can help us. Doing nothing is not acceptable IMO

24 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Zay Jones has been as disappointing as almost anyone on the roster. He and KB should be ashamed of themselves. There are players that can help us. Doing nothing is not acceptable IMO

Did I say do nothing?  However, going on a cut spree just because you feel you have to do something doesn't always end well.  Zay Jones has been getting better if you've been watching.  Progression.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Did I say do nothing?  However, going on a cut spree just because you feel you have to do something doesn't always end well.  Zay Jones has been getting better if you've been watching.  Progression.

Yes he has been improving. get him more touches please

The funny part is if we cut Benjamin, Robert Foster and Andre Holmes right now and replaced them with 3 free agents Dez Bryant, Rishard Matthews and Jeremy Maclin and made them our 3 starters right off the bat, our receiver core would be so much more improved. All 3 of these guys are much better than what's on our roster

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Yes he has been ok. He and Allen slowly building some chemistry. His routes have been pretty good. 

• Like (+1) 1