SNF: DAL vs. HOU at 8:20 PM ET on NBC

Just now, Uncle Joe said:

His 1st half passing stats would support that statement.

I think the issue with that play was the play calling rather than Watson vs Allen. Perhaps Allen's size is an advantage is that what you were referring to? I still don't think Allen gets in on that play. I think you put them both under center and fall forward. 

4 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Ugh... Watson is by far the better QB at this point.

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

His 1st half passing stats would support that statement.

Not to defend it too much but the poster said "in those situations". I dont think they were saying Allen is better than Watson....but 4th and inches I would take Allen too.

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Not to defend it too much but the poster said "in those situations". I dont think they were saying Allen is better than Watson....but 4th and inches I would take Allen too.

I missed that, I clarified it in my last post. I can see why you guys would think that. I'd still take Watson. I think it was just bad play calling.

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

I missed that, I clarified it in my last post. I can see why you guys would think that. I'd still take Watson. I think it was just bad play calling.

I literally posted it and then saw you beat me to it lol sorry.  I would probably take Watson overall too but I do like Allen's measurables.  It can come in handy at times.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I think the issue with that play was the play calling rather than Watson vs Allen. Perhaps Allen's size is an advantage is that what you were referring to? I still don't think Allen gets in on that play. I think you put them both under center and fall forward. 

Correct. Shotgun is not a good call. 

Right now Watson is the better passer. But you don;t have to go shotgun in that situation with Allen as he does have the advantage on a QB sneak.

Edited by Uncle Joe
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

I literally posted it and then saw you beat me to it lol sorry.  I would probably take Watson overall too but I do like Allen's measurables.  It can come in handy at times.

It's all good, wasn't trying to be a dick about it. We posted at like the same time so I figured you hadn't seen it. And I totally get your point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Joe said:

Correct. Shotgun is not a good call. 

Right now Watson is the better passer. But you don;t have to go shotgun in that situation with Allen as does have the advantage on a QB sneak.

I agree and understand what you're saying. In theory or perhaps in reality Allen is better at the sneak. I just don't think Watson's size is justification for not doing that there. 

Not sure it matters but kinda hope Texans win heading into next week...maybe lose a little focus?  I feel like if they lose and fall to 1 and 4 they will be even hungrier.  Again, not sure this even matters at the pro level....but humans gonna human.

Edited by Johnnycage46

Man we can get some turnovers if our dline pressures Watson next week. He’s an exciting QB to watch but still turns it over too much.

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

He's gonna eat our OL for lunch unless they can somehow scheme effectively against him.

Will be a non factor, we are going to be run heavy again next week.

What is the purpose of a game clock in overtime? Especially now? Just play by the new rules and end it when someone wins. It shouldn’t be both. If there is a clock, then play until the 10 is up and whoever has the most wins. If the rules are what they currently are, lose the clock.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

What is the purpose of a game clock in overtime? Especially now? Just play by the new rules and end it when someone wins. It shouldn’t be both. If there is a clock, then play until the 10 is up and whoever has the most wins. If the rules are what they currently are, lose the clock.

They reduced it to 10 because people were complaining about 15 minutes last year.

24 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Not sure it matters but kinda hope Texans win heading into next week...maybe lose a little focus?  I feel like if they lose and fall to 1 and 4 they will be even hungrier.  Again, not sure this even matters at the pro level....but humans gonna human.

There you go

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Rico said:

I still think Hopkins is better than Sammy.

Does anyone think Sammy is better than Hopkins? 

Hopkins has produced at an elite level for years.

Sammy is still inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Good luck next week to T. White as Hopkins is a beast.

That will be a fun matchup to watch

Just now, billspro said:

Does anyone think Sammy is better than Hopkins? 

Hopkins has produced at an elite level for years.

Sammy is still inconsistent.

Many people did, I've read it on this board.

27 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Nice game for Vanderesch. Made a few plays. He was a popular one here back in April but I hadn’t seen him play much even in college 

Edmunds has been poor in the middle.

Love the physical ability and I think he has a ton of potential making plays behind the LOS if nothing else..........but remains to be seen if he will be any good in the middle.

34 minutes ago, Rico said:

Many people did, I've read it on this board.

I thought Sammy was better.

He WAS better than Hopkins at Clemson.

But in the NFL Hopkins has been consistently great and outside of a 9-10 game stretch in 2015 when he was probably the best receiver in the league Sammy Watkins has not been great.

Reaction: Deshaun Watson (4:39)

QB Deshaun Watson spoke to the media following Sunday's game vs. Dallas.

Reaction: Deandre Hopkins (4:56)

WR Deandre Hopkins spoke to the media following Sunday's game vs. Dallas.

Reaction: J.J. Watt (2:56)

DE J.J. Watt spoke to the media following Sunday's game vs. Dallas.