2nd Home Game--Tickets below face already

plenzmd1

I still get as excited for tailgates in December when it's 10° and the bills are out of the playoffs as I do for the home opener.

I pretty much know from here on out for the rest of the season that the football is going to be crap on the field and I just hope that someday it really does get better

Edited by BuffaloBaumer
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is exactly why I will be joining the tailgate, yet watching the game from my friends in OP. Enjoy all the spoils of food/drink/togetherness, but can watch from the comfort of a couch at my leisure. No reason to see the game in person IMO (I had seasons for years) 

That would  be fun. I do enjoy a few games in person every year, but being able to tailgate and then watch on TV would be cool. 

10 hours ago, Rico said:

Ticket sales this weekend could indeed be a sign of things to come. Titans are the bottom of the barrel though, I don't think too many people anywhere want to see them.

they are..but 2nd game of the year is tough to believe under face already.

16 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Some people are seriously nuts on this board. 
People don't realize they have 10 draft picks and $100 million to spend next year. 

I see the sale of hope has already worked with you!  ?

My problem with the Bills right now is that they don’t appear to be well coached and well schemed.  On offense, the play calling seems frequently situationally inappropriate.

$100M in FA and 10 draft picks are not going to fix that.

Now maybe they’ll get it together and have the D come out ready 1Q and have the O figure out what works and call that.  I certainly hope so as it would make them much easier to watch, win or lose.

Or maybe they won’t.

11 hours ago, Augie said:

Plenz is a good guy, but he’s actually married already. 

I’d have some concerns about proposing at a Bills game.....might be some bad juju there? The Bills went 2-14 back to back after I got married. She asked “why do you do this to yourself?” Then I did it to our boys. Lots can go wrong there, but it gets in your blood, so....

I think it would be great!  You could say “darling, will you marry me for better or worse?  We’ve seen the worse right here, nowhere to go but better!”

• Like (+1) 1

I don't see any great bargains on stubhub for this game.  $56 for 34 rows up in the upper deck is the cheapest.  Ticket exchange has better prices, but not by much. 

Don't forget the Bills have dynamic pricing now, Tennessee being one of the lowest this season.

Edited by ricojes

I'm going to the game this weekend and probably waiting until Sunday morning to buy tickets unless someone convinces me otherwise.  There's a pair in a 200s endzone section for under $35 per right now and I don't see any way it trends upward unless a trade for Aaron Rodgers comes through.

16 hours ago, Jrb1979 said:

Its never made sense to me to be a season ticket holder from across the country. To me the whole point of being a season ticket holder is to go to the games not make your money back off of them. 

Some think that since the Bills have been mediocre (at best) for a very very long time, buying seasons is their way of supporting the team and helping to keep them in Buffalo.  Ideally they would get their money back on the games they cannot go to, but that's less important than what they feel is team support.

17 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Some people are seriously nuts on this board. 

People don't realize they have 10 draft picks and $100 million to spend next year. 

Lets break this down.

They have 10 picks. but all of teh extra picks are day 3 picks. Those are hoping to be good.

100 Million which is false, its about 80MM. So you all thought Dareus, Watkins, Glenn, Etc were all overpaid, just wait until you see what they have to pay some of these guys to bring them in.

The colts and Jets have more space than the bills, The cowboys have about the same space, as do many other teams. The bills are not the only team with cap space.  

14 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I have an extra pair that’s gotten nothing but “nope” when offered to friends/fam. And that’s sad.

I was a ‘no’ until the last possible day, after 15 years. Then I made a terrible emotional decision and renewed.  Can honestly say I regret it.

Yeah I dropped mine two years ago & I can honestly say I have no regrets.  I do think it is a bad sign that the early games are not even a wanted ticket anymore.  It used to be I couldn't give the games away in December but before would usually be able to get my money back on the games pre Thanksgiving.  Fans have had it & I could honestly say this is the worst Bills team I have ever seen(keep in mind I didn't really start following the Bills until 86 when Kelly arrived so I missed the back to back 2-14 seasons).  

17 hours ago, stuvian said:

what a great investment ?

Used to be. I could at least break even. But this year's schedule is brutal. No marquee teams and a heavy December line up. And the team play doesn't help

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

I'm going to the game this weekend and probably waiting until Sunday morning to buy tickets unless someone convinces me otherwise.  There's a pair in a 200s endzone section for under $35 per right now and I don't see any way it trends upward unless a trade for Aaron Rodgers comes through.

Dude, pair in front of me for $75...buy them !!!

1 hour ago, ricojes said:

I don't see any great bargains on stubhub for this game.  $56 for 34 rows up in the upper deck is the cheapest.  Ticket exchange has better prices, but not by much. 

Don't forget the Bills have dynamic pricing now, Tennessee being one of the lowest this season.

thats true..but tickets in row 2 Upper deck at $75..while maybe not a "great bargain" is below face. 

Edited by plenzmd1

I know at least 5 people who were at least 6 year season ticket holders who wont ever purchase any tickets to the game anymore. They still watch the games at home, but even that is starting to dwindle away.

We have the mist loyal fan base in the NFL imo, but this teams incompetence over the years has really began to take its toll on the older fan base, and the next gen fans do not want to be associated with this team, or the NFL.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dude, pair in front of me for $75...buy them !!!

thats true..but tickets in row 2 Upper deck at $75..while maybe not a "great bargain" is below face. 

PM me a link homie

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

Yeah I dropped mine two years ago & I can honestly say I have no regrets.  I do think it is a bad sign that the early games are not even a wanted ticket anymore.  It used to be I couldn't give the games away in December but before would usually be able to get my money back on the games pre Thanksgiving.  Fans have had it & I could honestly say this is the worst Bills team I have ever seen(keep in mind I didn't really start following the Bills until 86 when Kelly arrived so I missed the back to back 2-14 seasons).  

My best friend sat next to me the last 14 seasons, he didn’t renew. His single ticket is still available through the box office for every single game.

My group overall has dwindled since 2003, that was our first season and we had about 20 guys. We’re down to 5.  Granted, we were all in our 20s at that time and now we’re all in our 40s. The “partying” doesn’t keep us coming back anymore, and the football side of it makes you not want to go at all.

I’m not gonna rant and rave about the drunken shenanigans and table slamming, face value, it doesn’t really bother me. BUT I will say that I think it’s silly and sad that that is literally all Buffalo football is associated with anymore. That’s how bad the “identity” of this franchise is right now.

I've dabbled over the past decade in buying-reselling tix at other NFL stadiums.  The lack of interest in attending NFL games is not unique to Buffalo.  It's not just because of a poor product on the field.  Unless it's the biggest games on the schedule, even the big name teams have tickets for Face (or below) and the demand is way way down.   I stopped doing it altogether.  

36 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

My best friend sat next to me the last 14 seasons, he didn’t renew. His single ticket is still available through the box office for every single game.

My group overall has dwindled since 2003, that was our first season and we had about 20 guys. We’re down to 5.  Granted, we were all in our 20s at that time and now we’re all in our 40s. The “partying” doesn’t keep us coming back anymore, and the football side of it makes you not want to go at all.

I’m not gonna rant and rave about the drunken shenanigans and table slamming, face value, it doesn’t really bother me. BUT I will say that I think it’s silly and sad that that is literally all Buffalo football is associated with anymore. That’s how bad the “identity” of this franchise is right now.

as much as I love game day, it's been a long time we came for the football

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

as much as I love game day, it's been a long time we came for the football

Oh, same, no doubt.

But even the tailgate routine is starting to run a little thin, sad as that is to admit. We always have a nice menu, and some nice beverages, but it’s starting to get the “well...here we are again. Yep.” vibe to it.

If the team was interesting at all, that would certainly breathe life into the tailgate. The feel around the entire stadium at the opener was completely dull in general.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Could not agree with you more.  Your story is the exact same as mine.  Got seasons in our 20s, 1997 was the first year.  Had 20 guys.  Over the year throughout the mid 2000s, guys moved away, guys got married, guys had kids.  All dropped for different reasons, some of my friends just couldn't take the losing anymore.   they dwindled & It was down to me & my friend & we both take our sons our last few years having seasons.  He still has seasons with his son(he sits in the clubs now) & I still take my son to 2-4 games a year.  At times especially at the opener some of the old gang will show up.  The drunken shenanigans for the most part don't bother me & but the party candle that used to be so bright is dimly lit & the football side of this, rebuild no rebuild, the past 20 years has been an absolute disgrace to watch for the most part & anybody that says differently is just lying to themselves.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gordio said:

Could not agree with you more.  Your story is the exact same as mine.  Got seasons in our 20s, 1997 was the first year.  Had 20 guys.  Over the year throughout the mid 2000s, guys moved away, guys got married, guys had kids.  All dropped for different reasons, some of my friends just couldn't take the losing anymore.   they dwindled & It was down to me & my friend & we both take our sons our last few years having seasons.  He still has seasons with his son(he sits in the clubs now) & I still take my son to 2-4 games a year.  At times especially at the opener some of the old gang will show up.  The drunken shenanigans for the most part don't bother me & but the party candle that used to be so bright is dimly lit & the football side of this, rebuild no rebuild, the past 20 years has been an absolute disgrace to watch for the most part & anybody that says differently is just lying to themselves.  

Yeah I'm pretty much going through the same thing this season.  I have already come to the conclusion that this will be my last year as a season ticket holder.  As I've gotten older I just enjoy watching the games at home more.  I am looking forward to re-designing my basement into a full fledged mancave with a ton of Bills stuff hanging all over the walls so it's not that I've lost my passion completely but I just don't have the excitement for the long, exhausting days at the stadium anymore.  I'm sure i'll still go to a game here and there and continue my annual tradition of seeing a Bills game on the road every year...but with the low demand for tickets these days my plan of keeping my seasons and being able to sell some games throughout the year has backfired and it makes no sense to keep it going at this point.  In life we go through many different era's and it's bittersweet but I recognize my days as a stadium experience guy are coming to an end and I am becoming one of those I just wanna watch the game from my couch guys! 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Those are really good seats, i think face via the Bills official site is $82.  Season ticket holders get a bit of discount, so $75 is close to what they pay.  Good deal and good seats though....

Eric Wood leading the charge! 

Edited by ricojes

33 minutes ago, ricojes said:

Those are really good seats, i think face via the Bills official site is $82.  Season ticket holders get a bit of discount, so $75 is close to what they pay.  Good deal and good seats though....

Eric Wood leading the charge! 

face is $111 on the site( blue dots on ticketmaster)...and I don't think we get much of a break..i know this is bad but I have clue what i pay for my seasons..certainly nothing like hockey.