Someone needs to be fired over Mahomes right now.

Klaista2k

13 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The Bills are the ones that choose this offense and thought they could get by. The Bills also choose to draft yet another entire draft of defense and thought they could make it work.

Either of those are fire able offenses.

Yeah, why didn’t they hire Andy Reid as their offensive coordinator?! Idiots should be fired for that.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Yeah, why didn’t they hire Andy Reid as their offensive coordinator?! Idiots should be fired for that.

Yes, Andy Reid whispered in Mahomes ear last night as Mahomes was scrambling to flip the ball to his left hand and still make a completed pass for a first down.

That was all Andy Reid doing, give me a break. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gigs said:

The Bills could have Bell, Gronk and Mahomes and still be in the drought. 

Just because one player excels on one team doesn’t mean he will somewhere else. If Brady wasn’t a Patriot what are the chances he ever sees the field? It took a Mo Lewis hit for that to happen. He could’ve played 3 years as a backup and retired

Excuses, excuses, excuses.  We've heard all this bull manure time and time again since the end of the Glory Years (about 1995). 

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

We shouldn't stop with those involved in the Mahomes debacle. We should not rest until we have held every single person (or surviving family members) accountable for every personnel decision, in the history of the Buffalo Bills, that turned out to be bad in hindsight.

I still can't believe Robert Lustig pass on drafting Joe Montana? Three times!!

We really shouldn't stand for an inability to predict future performance any longer...

Disingenuous clap trap.  This is 2018 not 1979, although McDermott and Beane's "offensive concepts" seem to be stuck in the 1970s.

1 minute ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

How would Mahomes do on the Bills offense this year?

Not much better than Allen is my guess.

The guy has Tyreek Hill, Kelce, Hunt, and Watkins

No wonder he is lighting it up. He is an amazing QB but I doubt he would be as successful with the current Bills offense

The Bills choose this offense, and they cut a WR this year to make room for a rotational DT. McClappy thinks its 1980 and you win with defense and a running game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

The Bills choose this offense, and they cut a WR this year to make room for a rotational DT. McClappy thinks its 1980 and you win with defense and a running game. 

Except that the Bills don't even have a running game thanks to the crappy OLers McDermott and Beane brought in. 

Let's give it some time.  Defenses are just starting to see what Patrick Mahomes is bringing to the table.  Last year, Deshaun Watson was absolutely tearing up the NFL as a rookie.  This year, he's struggled pretty bad at times.  It just took awhile for defensive coordinators to figure out the best way to counter his skills.

I know it's frustrating to see Mahomes (and Watson for that matter) playing great in the NFL, knowing we could have drafted either.

Unfortunately, it's more about bad timing than anything else. 

You can't blame Brandon Beane.  He was in the Carolina Panthers draft room at the time.

Yes, Sean McDermott was here.  But he's a coach.  Not a scout or a GM.

If anyone gets the blame here, it would be the owners.  The Pegulas made the decision to keep the GM and scouting staff until after the draft, because they didn't believe a new group had enough time to properly prepare for the offseason.  At the time, lots of people praised them for trying something different.  Maybe we will all look back, and realize it was a bad decision.  Maybe there is a reason all the other teams replace their GMs in January.

There is a ton of evidence that Buffalo was drafting mostly players that Carolina had shown a heavy interest in, so it's very likely that McDermott was "winging it" off the information he had gathered while with the Panthers.  I think he passed on the QB position, because he's a methodical decision-maker and didn't want his biggest draft pick coming without full input from a GM and Scouting Staff that he trusted.  So he traded down and punted the QB decision until 2018.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Except that the Bills don't even have a running game thanks to the crappy OLers McDermott and Beane brought in. 

letter to the management.  i'm telling ya, if enough of us do it, it just might work.

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

that is because your a clown

You're sounding like Baghdad Bob here. Mahomes is at this point light years better than Allen irrespective of supporting cast. I hope Allen becomes a stud too, but along with the talent he has a ton of fundamental flaws in his game that he needs to correct. He also just doesn't have that it factor (yet) that Mahomes clearly has.  Allen looked like nothing so much as  Ryan Mallet against GB. Still early, I know, but don't bring up the crutch of "supporting cast."

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

No wonder he is lighting it up. He is an amazing QB but I doubt he would be as successful with the current Bills offense

ha we had Watkins, until the ridiculous FO traded him away, and fans here rejoiced.

the Bills put themselves in the putrid state. Mahomes is a literal game changer. speaking hypothetical is moot, at this point.

12 minutes ago, nucci said:

isn't this the job of scouts and GMs....to predict future performance? 

No, it is their job to make educated guesses about future performance. It is a subjective process and sometimes they are wrong.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Disingenuous clap trap.  This is 2018 not 1979, although McDermott and Beane's "offensive concepts" seem to be stuck in the 1970s.

It doesn't matter if it is 2018 or 1979. They have many more tools available to them now and their analyses of an given player can be more thorough, however, in the end, they are still being asked to make a subjective evaluation of future behavior. It is not an exact science and never will be.

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The word is that both Pegula and Whaley wanted QB with Mahomes and Watson high on the list.  McDermott wrested control of the football operations and instead decided to make the deal to trade with KC. 

This is a good angle for a reporter to pursue. I'm guessing some of the fired personnel folks would talk.

18 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yes, Andy Reid whispered in Mahomes ear last night as Mahomes was scrambling to flip the ball to his left hand and still make a completed pass for a first down.

That was all Andy Reid doing, give me a break. 

McDermott should be running the ‘switch to left hand flip for gain of 3’ offense! Idiots should be fired.

I still have faith in Allen and I've been high on him for a couple years now, but Mahomes, to me, was the best QB prospect we've seen since probably Andrew Luck. It killed me when we traded out of that spot.

My personal rankings since the Andrew Luck draft:

1. Mahomes

2. Jameis

3. Mariota

4. Lamar Jackson

5. Sam Darnold

6. Josh Allen

7. Carson Wentz

8. Baker Mayfield

9. DeShaun Watson

10. Mitch Trubisky

Edited by DCOrange

25 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

No but the Bills could be 1 year in to the rebuild if they drafted either Watson or Mahomes and could have used this draft to fix some glaring needs...they just pushed it back one year....I'm guessing Allen will be good...just could have accelerated the build