Q: for the outraged:

4 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No one should be outraged.

2-2 in our first 4 games to start the season would have been impressive given our schedule.

1-3 is just fine as we move into the easier portion of the season.

This.

If we had come out 2-2 you can see them sneaking into the playoffs again. At 1-3 they're were they should be. The next 3 games is when people can really start to go off on the coaches/management

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

And yet, at least half the board is.

It's in all in ya mind Joe. Outraged is Yeezy losing his **** every week

I know you like to attack "half the board" in 100% of your posts.. but it tires half the board.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

We had no business going to the playoffs last year, but we did. McD got us there. He gets another year. 

Of course we had businesses getting to the playoff last year,  I expected it, many did. The Chargers game almost sabotaged our path. 

We made the playoffs in spite of McD, with mostly Whaleys guys. 

Now we are void of talent. 

23 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Asked this in the gameday thread, but I'll ask it again here for those who are completely outraged by the outcome this month...

Q: How many of you predicted 0-4 to start the season?

Corollary Q: If you predicted 0-4, why are you outraged at 1-3?

It's not the record, but how outplayed and outclassed they've looked in the losses.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, COTC said:

Of course we had businesses getting to the playoff last year,  I expected it, many did. The Chargers game almost sabotaged our path. 

We made the playoffs in spite of McD, with mostly Whaleys guys. 

Now we are void of talent. 

We had no business going after getting annihilated in 3 straight games. McD righted the ship, beat the Chiefs, beat the Dolphins twice, beat the Colts, and got the team in a place to get in with Boyd's miracle. 

21 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

not outraged  Disappointed Allen didn't even have a shot this week On to week 5 and hopefully some progress for Allen

yeah, time to shake  up the O-line.  I was listening to the Sirrius (Packers) broadcast.  One play in the 1st half, the Packers rushed 2 inside LB's.  Neither one was blocked.  The packers announcer said, "that's an interesting blocking scheme.   How do you totally miss a middle linebacker, let alone two."  

Time to put in Teller or someone else on the line.  Sick of watching this garbage.   As you said, Allen had no chance.  Even our running game is terrible this year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

This.

If we had come out 2-2 you can see them sneaking into the playoffs again. At 1-3 they're were they should be. The next 3 games is when people can really start to go off on the coaches/management

the Front Office had nothing to work with cap wise after the prior regimes terrible decisions.   I expect us to be much better next year with a ton of cap space (WR, OL, secondary---we did a good job getting Hyde and Poyer!).   Plus 10 picks.  Edmunds will be a stud, Allen hopefully has more than 0.5 seconds to throw, and will have someone who can catch the ball on the receiving end.  

I think realistically we need to wait another 1-3 years to see how this FO is doing.   Not great for the impatient.  I've been here longer than the entire drout.  But I have a feeling this FO will get it done.  

19 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

What if they already screwed up the offseason....this past offseason :(

JC I dont think it's a secret, I am no fan of this regime. I like Daboll but they are unequipped to build an offense or field a competitive team. I dont believe in them at all however I think the youth will prevail and I dont want to EJ Manuel another QB he needs to have our support while he figures it out.Tremaine, Taron, they will be fine as well. Objectively, our roster sucks, but I feel like if we had real talent e v a l and real due diligence done  e would be fine

I THINK the only issue is, McDermott is trusted like someone who has been there many times before. A first round bye can not buy this ma carte blanche. Show us the baby

I predicted 0-4 and have already declared this season a success; barring any major injuries which might carry beyond this season.  Good times here.  No oline and no WRs and we shoulda seen that in pre season.  D was great last week - leave that to others to discuss.  We have a great CB, QB which are young.  Edmunds hopefully and god willing, young zay jones finds some good gloves that work for him!  Ha

Then off season fill ups.

Edited by sleeby
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the Front Office had nothing to work with cap wise after the prior regimes terrible decisions.   I expect us to be much better next year with a ton of cap space (WR, OL, secondary---we did a good job getting Hyde and Poyer!).   Plus 10 picks.  Edmunds will be a stud, Allen hopefully has more than 0.5 seconds to throw, and will have someone who can catch the ball on the receiving end.  

I think realistically we need to wait another 1-3 years to see how this FO is doing.   Not great for the impatient.  I've been here longer than the entire drout.  But I have a feeling this FO will get it done.  

I agree that for the front office this is a huge off season. It is what they have been planning for since they came in. Everyone needs to patient for that

However if the next 4 look like the first 4, there needs to be concern. As they should be competitive in these games. I am not out raged but I have seen things that if they continue should raise red flags for everyone

• Like (+1) 1

When you can’t run the ball or throw the ball to open the run you lose. To me the biggest momentum swing was Allen’s pick which he will learn from. Take a sack or audible to a run and let the clock run out and call a TO to go into halftime down 3-13 instead of 0-16. That’s a 6 point swing that better QB understanding or coaching resolves and makes it a tighter game. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

I predicted 0-4 and have already declared this season a success; barring any major injuries which might carry beyond this season.  Good times here.  No oline and no WRs and we shoulda seen that in pre season.  D was great last week - leave that to others to discuss.  We have a great CB, QB which are young.  Edmunds hopefully and god willing, young zay jones finds some good gloves that work for him!  Ha

Then off season fill ups.

Phillips could be a player next year also.   I'm excited about the offseason and seeing what progress our young guys make this year.   

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Oh god.

Hasnt this been discussed enough? The team is where it is BECAUSE they wanted of the new regime. Not the last one.

I disagree.  The guys they unloaded would not be major parts of this regime.  They had large/bloated contracts or expiring contracts.   Watkins: not a #1.  Marcell: terrible here for whatever reason at his price.  Glenn is the only one I would have kept, unless that got us the pick that got us Allen/Edmunds, which I think it did.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Asked this in the gameday thread, but I'll ask it again here for those who are completely outraged by the outcome this month...

I had us 0-4.  Outraged may be too strong.  I certainly didn't expect that we would look completely inept on both sides of the ball.  Daboll is doing what Chan used to do with Fitz.  Eschew the run game and saddle up the QB.  And don't give me we were too far behind.  We never trailed by more than 3 scores, and LeShady had 5 runs today.  When Plan A didn't work today, there was no Plan B, just like the Ravens game.  I had us 7-9, figuring Allen would start after the bye week.  Right now, we'll be lucky to win 6 games.  Let's hope the Bills are Dow Jonesers and can do some home cooking next week.

Im not outraged at all.  I was hoping for a better showing from our offense today, but that's difficult when there is practically no talent on that side of the ball.  The defense I thought did a good job considering its Rodgers in his house and they were on the field alllllll daaaaay looooong.

Just now, RyanC883 said:

I disagree.  The guys they unloaded would not be major parts of this regime.  They had large/bloated contracts or expiring contracts.   Watkins: not a #1.  Marcell: terrible here for whatever reason at his price.  Glenn is the only one I would have kept, unless that got us the pick that got us Allen/Edmunds, which I think it did.  

I would have kept Watkins as well. I think he would have kept the defenses honest. Of course... he needs to be healthy first

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Phillips could be a player next year also.   I'm excited about the offseason and seeing what progress our young guys make this year.   

Exactly.  The so called process is doing as a realist would expect.  Last off season was hugely exciting and, unless one is QB centric, this one will be even more exciting for the Bills.

I'm also curioud about next week when we finally see a non playoff potential team for the first time.  No pressure in my mind but am interested in seeing how our parts work against mediocrity.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

There is a path to make it still. But realistically I cant see it

Our next 4 games are the Titans, Texans, Colts and Patriots on MNF.

I think 2-2 at least happens there, maybe better.

Back half of the season is 5 home games.

This season is going to consist of a lot of ebbing and flowing with some of the young guys at critical positions we have.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Agent 91 said:

I would have kept Watkins as well. I think he would have kept the defenses honest. Of course... he needs to be healthy first

that was the problem.  But I don't see Watkins helping this team.  He'd be forced into the #1 role, and double teamed.   And Benjamin can be single teamed as we've all found out.  

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Our next 4 games are the Titans, Texans, Colts and Patriots on MNF.

I think 2-2 at least happens there, maybe better.

Back half of the season is 5 home games.

This season is going to consist of a lot of ebbing and flowing with some of the young guys at critical positions we have.

personally upset at the lack of home games early in the season.  now I'll be freezing in November/December for my annual trek up.  what the heck! 

Bears game looking a lot tougher after addition of Mack and that offense today, albeit against Tampa D.  

44 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

I predicted 1 and 3 but with a different "1". 

Today was ugly on offense. This season is going to be ugly and painful at times. Most of us knew that. At the moment this is not a very good football team and it is a pretty horrible offense. 

I said the same when people were pilling on Dennison after the Jets loss last year... when your offensive line can't block and your Quarterback can't process and throw fast (not hammering Josh he was poor today but the game just hasn't slowed down for him yet) then there ain't many plays left in the playbook you can call. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

that was the problem.  But I don't see Watkins helping this team.  He'd be forced into the #1 role, and double teamed.   And Benjamin can be single teamed as we've all found out.  

personally upset at the lack of home games early in the season.  now I'll be freezing in November/December for my annual trek up.  what the heck! 

Bears game looking a lot tougher after addition of Mack and that offense today, albeit against Tampa D.  

But what you are not or accounting for is Zay and Croom/Clay could eat it up. They will be Allen's favorites by years end anyway. I might get flamed for this BUT, I would be ok with Holmes playing over Benjamin. You could have Watkins, Benjamin/Holmes, Jones in the slot. 

Edited by Agent 91
Misspell

49 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I predicted 0-16 tbh! We will come in at 3-13 best case scenario. Personally, lets lose the rest and have the number 1 overall.

I'm on board with that but only if we take a QB with the first overall pick.

I like the guy out in Eugene, Oregon.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I predicted 1 and 3 but with a different "1". 

Today was ugly on offense. This season is going to be ugly and painful at times. Most of us knew that. At the moment this is not a very good football team and it is a pretty horrible offense. 

I said the same when people were pilling on Dennison after the Jets loss last year... when your offensive line can't block and your Quarterback can't process and throw fast (not hammering Josh he was poor today but the game just hasn't slowed down for him yet) then there ain't many plays left in the playbook you can call. 

Gunner. I will be leaning on you heavy in order to learn the game on a deeper level. You see it and I am starting to