Q: for the outraged:

Because people love to B word...hopping on and off the wagon...I hate using this...so forgive me...but Allen is going to be a process...ups and downs...I am not outraged at the record...it’s a developmental season

Edited by zevo
  • Like (+1) 1

So expecting it, and seeing it play out in real life are two different things. 

So yeah, I expected this, but seeing us look so horrendous and overmatched and amatuer really, yknow, stings. High hopes for Allen, but then seeing him get sacked like 14 times, seeing the oline go home at halftime, seeing him looking so defeated in the middle of the game, isn't helping his "development" 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Asked this in the gameday thread, but I'll ask it again here for those who are completely outraged by the outcome this month...

Q: How many of you predicted 0-4 to start the season?

Corollary Q: If you predicted 0-4, why are you outraged at 1-3?

For me it isn't so much the record...but the eye test.  They look awful.  There are 1 and 3 teams that look like NFL teams...this is not one of them.  And last week is starting to look like maybe Minnesota sucks this year.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Asked this in the gameday thread, but I'll ask it again here for those who are completely outraged by the outcome this month...

Q: How many of you predicted 0-4 to start the season?

Corollary Q: If you predicted 0-4, why are you outraged at 1-3?

If you predicted 0-4 and had the team looking at least halfway competitive in those 4 but are now 1-3, looking beyond inept in those 3, would you not expect there to be a different reaction?

I don't think it's so much about the record but the manner in which the games have played out. We've been blown out and looked terrible in the three of the four games. The Vikings game looks like an aberration at this point.

Also, this season was always going to be largely about the development of our young players. Today Allen proved his doubters have legitimate reason to be concerned. His ceiling might still be high but his floor is really, really low. It's troubling.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

OUTRAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!

J/K, that sucked, but at least the Pack fans were nice, the stadium awesome, the tailgate a blast, TBD represented...

Lets hope a lotta learning comes from this one.  Schedule is hopefully going to get a little easier after this (?).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I predicted 0-16 tbh! We will come in at 3-13 best case scenario. Personally, lets lose the rest and have the number 1 overall.

Let's grow as a team... and if we end up 1 and 15 so be it. I'm not throwing in a towel. The youngsters as a nucleus. I'm more worried about McBeane screwing up the off season

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I'm not sure how predicting 0-4 negates your right to criticize the team.

If you can explain that I'd love to hear it

Well, for one thing, it's illogical. If you're predicting them to be 0-4, you should be able to say, "OK, well, we're ahead of where I thought we'd be."

I get that logic is dwarfed by overwhelming emotion around here, I do. It just doesn't make sense sometimes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

Well, for one thing, it's illogical. If you're predicting them to be 0-4, you should be able to say, "OK, well, we're ahead of where I thought we'd be."

I get that logic is dwarfed by overwhelming emotion around here, I do. It just doesn't make sense sometimes.

0-4 losing by FGs is a lot different than 1-3 getting your doors blown off 3 times.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Keep in mind, many of the hot take negative people are like this:

Nothing wrong with criticism but stupid crap like this is why I don't stick here for game day threads anymore

Our cupboards are bare.

Is this coach the correct coach to lead this team to consistent winning?

The decision needs to be made before we start our build. 

I say No. 

Just now, COTC said:

Our cupboards are bare.

I say No. 

he started this build, he gets 3 years minimum. 

Period. 

Just now, joesixpack said:

I completely disagree with that sentiment. 0-4 can be ok with some tough losses and bad breaks. This team has looked like trash in 3 out of 4 games. I'll say the defense looks better, but offensively they're atrocious.

They didn't address the line or wr's and everyone saw this coming. I'm not even sure what is the point of drafting a qb if everyone else around him besides shady is totally inept. They gutted this team of talent for Allen and threw him to the wolves.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

2-3 next week and we’re right back in it!

Right back in what? I dont think people should have high hopes for winning a lot of games this year. The Bills have some talent but they have too many glaring holes. They might surprise us in a couple games but I think too many people got their hopes up with the Vikings game. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

We are going to take our lumps this year for sure. I like our future providing that Allen doesn’t get killed. 

Keeping him alive for these next 12 games is the top priority. More offensive help will come next year. He will continue to make mistakes but learn. Today his internal clock was gone. Just stay away from the brutal injury. So far the kid can take a hit....

Edited by LABILLBACKER

2 minutes ago, COTC said:

Our cupboards are bare.

I say No. 

So the second-year coach who guided this team to a playoff berth in his first season, its first such appearance since the Clinton Administration, is in your view NOT the correct coach to lead this team?

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Because we don't want to be 0-4 or 1-3. Illogical huh?

Just now, RussellDopeland said:

So the second-year coach who guided this team to a playoff berth in his first season, its first such appearance since the Clinton Administration, is in your view NOT the correct coach to lead this team?

Correct. He is not fit to build this team. 

We are at a crossroads, next year we will add talent. 

Do we really want McD to be making the decisions?

No, I don’t believe we do.