Allen has seemingly improved every half so far

Big Turk

5 hours ago, joesixpack said:

I'm saying he's underthrown BECAUSE he gets the feeling that even guys like foster won't make it on the deep ball.

This is absolutely the case. He's trying to take something off his long ball to accommodate his receivers. That's hard to do on a long throw like that. But a ton of reps and more familiarization with them will help him get a better gauge, I think. Let's hope the one that Foster dropped is a sign of that. 

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm liking so much about Josh Allen.  His leadership is contagious and when people talk about him playing hero I think it's more for the team

than himself.  It's great having a QB who can "sneak" the ball too.  It's already fun watching him play.

Taking every game one at a time is more about me watching and enjoying each game vs. concerning myself how later in the year or next season will be.

...damn right bud......his leadership, poise, humility and respect for the game as clearly evident qualities........ditto for his work ethic to get better.....get the impression it's "we versus "me".....could NOT have been more fitting to smoke "ME" Cousins' sorry azz, grossly overpaid and overrated IMO.....icing on the cake was 'Tre's "tunnel tribute"......MAJOR LMAO....

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

To me Allen has been fairly consistent. Of course in the Chargers game his inaccuracy was real  and concerning - real as opposed to parroting of scouting reports. Weird he had none of these yesterday. Or for that matter that the Bills' D turned from doormat to destroyers.  Who can figure this team? LOL

Most of Allen's flaw will improve with experience and he has enough strengths to be a good QB right now. Impressive. 

The D turned into destroyers in the 2nd half of the Chargers game limiting them to only 65 yards...they picked up where they left off from this week.

Edited by matter2003

6 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I though that when I said "he did great with what he asked me to do" that would send the message that I didn't think he "sucks."

Apparently I was wrong.  

That Croom TD throw was awesome.  But it was one read and then a wide open WR right next to his field of vision.  If he missed that hed deserve to be cut.  Conversely, him making the throw does not warrant over excitement.  I mean, again, I'm happy he did it, but that isn't a throw to get excited about.  

This is, what, your 5th account so far this year? Darnold sucks. I would hate to be you.

very unique QB. not great passing skills altho he has a nice arm(its not THAT strong).Needs to learn a lot about reading Ds .But on the very positive side the guy is just a winner.

Confident,moves the ball,great leadership,extremely athletic out there. You can tell he thinks he is the best player out there.Loved that first down signal after the ill advised but spectacular hurdle.

12 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

I hated the 2nd half of Minny. While I “get it”. Keep your foot on the gas. 

Agreed—while I credit the defense for keeping it going, we’ve already seen Chicago give up close to a 20 point lead this year and we all know what happened with the Pats coming back from 28-3 down a couple SB’s ago. Point is, no lead is safe these days, especially with that much time left

22 hours ago, Bangarang said:

He’s looked better than I expected him to. Would like to see him connect on those deep balls and get better at identifying the blitz presnap. I assume the latter will come with time though.

Still aways to go but the first down hurdle run was him identifying the blitz and sliding his line over. The kid's smart and seems to be a quick learner he just has to pick it up as he goes.

There will be dark days in between.

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Big improvement. Better play calling from Daboll as well but this is great to see. Let's see if he can keep this up v GB.

Edited by FeelingOnYouboty

3 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Agreed—while I credit the defense for keeping it going, we’ve already seen Chicago give up close to a 20 point lead this year and we all know what happened with the Pats coming back from 28-3 down a couple SB’s ago. Point is, no lead is safe these days, especially with that much time left

I agree. Eventually I hope the Bills get to the mindset of this is what we are doing. You dont want is to drop 50 then stop us. I hate when they take their foots off the gas. Go hang 40 force the other team to stop you. 

Now in the 4th ok. But not after half 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/24/2018 at 10:33 AM, PeterDude said:

Bills fans have been duped so many times, it's prudent IMO to just wait until after the season before getting all giddy.

Yeah, you're right, we've seen what happened on Sunday before.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

Sure, but what is the percentage of such occurrences?  Skepticism is warranted until the franchise proves otherwise IMO.

I was this kind of fan for a few years.  It's not fun.  Now I'm enjoying the wins and looking for any positives out of the losses.  It's a lot better (for me) that way.

• Like (+1) 2

Allen has been consistently improving which is what he needs to do. People need to remember that Allen was looked at many as a project and that he should sit on the bench and learn for this season. To see the improvement he has made in this short time is great and I think he has the ability to continue that. He will also get better the more time he works with this group as well. Remember that he has not been working with the Ones since day one spent a lot of time with the 2’s and 3’s during camp. Some of this is why I believe we are rotating receivers often as well is to see what we have a get some guys out there Allen has a little bit more chemistry with. 

I was a bit concerned at first about starting the kid this early. I too, wanted him to sit on the bench and learn. But from what I've seen so far, Allen seems to be adjusting to the speed of the game quite nicely. He doesn't seem fazed by things at all. Hopefully, the coaches and fellow players can impress upon him the need to avoid hurdling opposing players though. That's one thing he needs to avoid.