Preston Brown "There's some weird stuff going on up there."

zow2

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Then we cant agree....because Edmunds needs to be playing.  You dont get better sitting on the sideline watching Preston Brown

Two uncontroversial thoughts:

1. The single biggest reason the Bills offense is worse so far this year is the drop off from mediocre veteran stater Tyrod Taylor to the combination of the horrific Nathan Peterman and the talented but very raw rookie Josh Allen at QB. 

2. The single biggest reason the Bills defense is worse so far this year is the drop off from competent veteran Preston Brown to the talented but very raw Tremaine Edmunds at MLB. 

It astounds me that anyone would even try to argue with these glaringly obvious points. To say these things is not to criticize Allen or Edmunds! One could have said the same thing about the immediate drop off in performance when the Broncos moved on from veteran mediocrity Bubby Brister to a talented but raw rookie named John Elway. 

34 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm hoping I am an idiot savant too and that I can't see the future of the 2018 season. But I think it's vice-versa and we are ALL right. McBeane gutted "playoff caliber" for "first pick worthy."  Peterman spunked all over this regime and it's a nasty clean-up. Everybody in the locker room smells the processed BS and is ready to bail. If and when Kyle throws in the towel, we will know that the ship has truly sunk.  Our hopes rest on a rookie QB with no weapons, the worst OL in the NFL and a defense that needs to be coached up to be competent.  Oh boy!

Finally... Someone who see it for what it is.

I was all in on McClappy but something went seriously wrong with their plan in the off season.  

So many people here defending them like they are certain that everything at OBD is going as planned.

We will see.

I fear that when they face the Vikings D next week, morale in the locker room will bottom out.

Lets hope that this regime don't get someone seriously hurt with this poor excuse for a football team.

I'm pretty sure it is common knowledge that you don't throw a rookie qb out there with such an ineffective offensive line.

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

I expected the year to be a tough one.  I thought McDermott would have a competitive team though.  The team needs to make a major change in effort and performance or McDermott will be on a short list of coaches that could be fired.  If Allen shows poise and fire in these games, Buffalo could have a top 5 pick.  A franchise Qb, a freak Mike with 100 mil in cap space.  That's near perfect to takeover as any.  Look at LA with Goeff, Chicago with Trubisky.  Defensive minded head coaches who fumbled the grooming of the young Qb.  

I think they will look much better on the back half of the season. They have college kids running their offense and defense. Experience matters in all walks of life. 

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Two uncontroversial thoughts:

1. The single biggest reason the Bills offense is worse so far this year is the drop off from mediocre veteran stater Tyrod Taylor to the combination of the horrific Nathan Peterman and the talented but very raw rookie Josh Allen at QB. 

2. The single biggest reason the Bills defense is worse so far this year is the drop off from competent veteran Preston Brown to the talented but very raw Tremaine Edmunds at MLB. 

It astounds me that anyone would even try to argue with these glaringly obvious points. To say these things is not to criticize Allen or Edmunds! One could have said the same thing about the immediate drop off in performance when the Broncos moved on from veteran mediocrity Bubby Brister to a talented but raw rookie named John Elway. 

The single biggest reason the offense has dropped off is the play of the O line.  That is clear to anyone.

Brown.  He was a FA demanding a big multiyear deal.  They determined he ultimately wasn't the answer.  And it's not like he would have signed a 1 year deal to keep the seat warm for Edmunds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

But enoughbto warrant the money?  People have selectively short memories but Brown would get blasted routinely around here for making tackles 5-10 yards from scrimmage and not having the ability to cover.

Players get blasted all the time in the forums and often it is just irrational ranting.  Brown was often covering other players' issues.  I still maintain Bills would be better with Edmunds and Brown both being available even if it cost Bills cap space IF Brown was willing to play for Bills at same price he signed on Browns for.

1 hour ago, JTown said:

Except that this staff brought him in , spent valuable cap money on someone who quit in the middle of a game.  So you are happy with this regimes ability to evaluate talent?

How did you get any of that from what I actually wrote?  Did I say anything of the sort?  Where do you nutjobs come from? 

This regime drafted Tre'davious White but White is in fact a black man.  So you support signing Kaepernick and hate America?!?!? Admit it!!!!!

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

What Davis did was cowardly.  As for Brown, he likely would have made more plays yesterday vs. a rookie in  his second  game.  A year from now?  Edmunds will do things Brown couldn't do ever.

I was bouncing between this and the Antonio Brown thread and I was like "why are we comparing antonio the WR to tre the LB??"

Then I remembered it was a different Brown thread 

If this was Kyle doing this....  I'd say something was wrong.

We have had 2 weird issues....  Incognito falling off the deep end, and Vontae.

Vontae was out for injury for how long in Indy?  Then he just realized the game has passed him by.  Unfortunately this wasn't realized BEFORE the season.  I suspect being a healthy scratch in week 1 played into the decision, but really he is done.  And I think he saw the writing on the wall that this season is rebuilding, and just didn't have it in him to go through this.  I can't say as I blame him really.  If you are on the backside of your career, and don't really have your heart in it, you're as good as done and you might as well make it official.

EDIT - and...   the Bills are better off knowing he's done and finding someone else who will be around a few seasons.

Edited by MTBill

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Players get blasted all the time in the forums and often it is just irrational ranting.  Brown was often covering other players' issues.  I still maintain Bills would be better with Edmunds and Brown both being available even if it cost Bills cap space IF Brown was willing to play for Bills at same price he signed on Browns for.

I think Edmunds will ultimately be better.  By a lot.  Maybe Brown could have gone to OLB

5 minutes ago, MTBill said:

If this was Kyle doing this....  I'd say something was wrong.

We have had 2 weird issues....  Incognito falling off the deep end, and Vontae.

Vontae was out for injury for how long in Indy?  Then he just realized the game has passed him by.  Unfortunately this wasn't realized BEFORE the season.  I suspect being a healthy scratch in week 1 played into the decision, but really he is done.  And I think he saw the writing on the wall that this season is rebuilding, and just didn't have it in him to go through this.  I can't say as I blame him really.  If you are on the backside of your career, and don't really have your heart in it, you're as good as done and you might as well make it official.

EDIT - and...   the Bills are better off knowing he's done and finding someone else who will be around a few seasons.

There is nothing unusual about Cog going off the deep end.  That's his sweet spot.  They know him there.

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Agreed.  It's nothing more than a player who realized he just didn't have "it" anymore.  He lost heart.   The fact he did it at halftime is definitely unusual, but not a reason to start looking for persons or situations to blame other than Vontae himself.  Now, if Vontae himself started tossing around allegations, someone might want to look more closely at the locker rom, but that just isn't the case at this point.

I just hope we don't waste any of that $90 mil cap space next year on guys that at half time in their first game (he didn't play week 1) decides they no longer have "it" and quit.  Good judgement Beane.

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I just hope we don't waste any of that $90 mil cap space next year on guys that at half time in their first game (he didn't play week 1) decides they no longer have "it" and quit.  Good judgement Beane.

I just hope Beane did not go to Jim Overdorf to approve his contact or Bills may have to have given him a Golden Parachute clause in contract.

54 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I think they will look much better on the back half of the season. They have college kids running their offense and defense. Experience matters in all walks of life. 

Agreed, but everything around them is faltering.  McDermott is a defensive guy.  That unit has been putrid.  The Peterman decision, the McCarron decision looks terrible.  McDermott needs to bust out some tape and super glue to keep the boat a float or he may go down with it.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

Refresh my memory, wasn't EJ Gaines a very good player for this team last year?  He's a younger guy and signed only a 1 year deal with the Browns.  The Bills couldn't have signed him to a multi-year deal, right? 

I don't know how you don't try to keep a guy like that. 

That was a mistake.

5 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Of course Preston is happy where he is, playing for essentially his hometown team and they are 2-0. Yes it is weird that someone retired at half time. Not sure his comments are any deeper than that

this is the answer.

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Refresh my memory, wasn't EJ Gaines a very good player for this team last year?  He's a younger guy and signed only a 1 year deal with the Browns.  The Bills couldn't have signed him to a multi-year deal, right? 

I don't know how you don't try to keep a guy like that. 

His issue was availability; he was getting injured frequently.

Reminds me of my car insurance company which keeps raising rates because other drivers keep hitting my car even with other driver's insurance company paying for it.  We did not even tell them about last accident but they knew and raised rate.   Damn GEICO drivers keep hitting my car (twice in a year and both times our car was not moving) and I may have to do some preemptive (purely defensive) hitting.