[Edited Title] Patrick Mahomes Looks Great

Wizard

25 minutes ago, Chemical said:

I'm not gonna claim I knew he was going to be good, but it is infuriating seeing the posters that simply refuse to admit it was a mistake to pass on him.

six passing touchdowns

How can you possibly say it was a mistake yet? 

What if Allen ends up better? Maybe we should wait and see what Josh does with more experience and better weapons around him? Mahomes has the best offense in the NFL to surround him.

We also got Tre White, and were able to get Tremaine Edmunds because of that trade. 

What if all 3 end up being cornerstone pieces for the Bills? 

2 games does not by any means = a great NFL career. It’s not like we’ve never seen QBs start out hot and then crash+burn before. Not saying that will happen. Just saying it’s WAY too soon to judge yet. 

Edited by BillsFan4

44 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

He has a line, receivers and time to learn behind an established QB.  

I mean I don't like Mahomes threads.. but if this is intended to be an indictment of our organization, maybe we should have a line, receivers, and time to learn behind an established QB.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

how do i feel about Mahomes?  i feel nothing,  i have no connection to him,  hes not the QB of my team,  i dont follow the chiefs,   and could care less what he does.   2 games,  must be a HoFer already.  Draft is mostly about getting lucky,  cuz no matter how much all the "analysts" and "scouts" think they "know",  they dont.  its all a crap shoot.  

so many variables that go into whether or not a person is successful at anything they do.   

move this thread.

So draft status has nothing to do with the quality of the player?   

It's all just a crap shoot? 

4 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Yea, why care about another missed opportunity on a franchise Qb.   I mean they grow on trees, didn't you know? 

I'm not a chiefs fan, I'm pointing out the ineptitude of this regime regarding Qbs.   We could if drafted him, and he could have been throwing 6 tds for us today. 

woulda, coulda, shoulda

well, maybe you'll lose sleep over it. myself, I'll sleep quite well. you see, when you have no control, it's easy to ignore. like I said. I couldn't care less about the chiefs and only hope my team can right the ship and I'm willing and patient enough to give them time and see if their pick can develop in to a franchise guy, he has the potential to be one.

50 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

How does it feel to know he threw 6tds today, and he was drafted 10th last year at a pick we traded away to Kansas City? 

Feels like a dagger in the heart to me. 

This kid is on FIRE.

Maybe it will down the road if Allen doesn't pan out but his situation in KC is so very different than our situation, do you really think today that he would have thrown 6 TD passes? Be honest. 

51 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

How does it feel to know he threw 6tds today, and he was drafted 10th last year at a pick we traded away to Kansas City? 

Feels like a dagger in the heart to me. 

This kid is on FIRE.

Is there going to be a new Mahomes thread every single week for the rest of his career?  Just curious.  Seems to me this has been discussed over and over and over and over and over and over again. 

21 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

I thought you don't learn anything sitting on the bench?  Isn't that the consensus from the Allen homers?  

allen homers?

so, your team has allen as QB and fans that support him are homers?

since this is your thread and you decided to discuss another teams QB, I have to honestly believe you are a mahomes homer, no?

that chiefs bandwagon has some open seats, go climb aboard.

13 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

What would he have done here last year?

sat behind Tyrod.

its a touch odd that if down for a project we didn’t start it last year. 

But we could’ve hired great nfl coaches, let him sit, and given him great weapons here too. No?

We may still work out better but can’t say we couldn’t have done the same 

no, im just saying it isnt a fair comparison to the josh allen pick yet.  

16 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Too soon to tell on either of them honestly.

Mahomes could flame out asap, Allen could turn into Elway 2.0.

We literally have no idea yet.

I will say, as I said before, Allen's situation is dogsh*t, mahomes' situation is literally perfect.

Allens situation is a Cluster Funk* because the organization made it one. He could’ve had a year to sit behind a capable veteran (Tyrod) until he was ready to go. We literally had identical situations (both Wildcard playoff team members) with vets the team isn’t sold on and a young player (because the team knew they was drafting Allen) ready to groom. True the Chiefs got better skill position talent but again, that’s an area specifically neglected by our team and actively addressed by KC (paying the player WE drafted). McDermotts and Co. look in over their heads. Their FA have been a BUST and the players they’ve gotten rid of are contributing at high level for their respective teams. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

no, im just saying it isnt a fair comparison to the josh allen pick yet.  

Right. Because we actively created a much tougher situation for our guy is my point. 

If we look at the blank slate of the two teams last year last year we could’ve put mahomes in a very positive situation. Instead we targeted a defensive coach, jettisoned a ton of talent, took a major project and left him in a spot where he has to start early without a supporting cast. 

My point int has nothing to do with mahomes vs allen and everything to do with the way the organizations approached the situations 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, no name said:

allen homers?

so, your team has allen as QB and fans that support him are homers?

since this is your thread and you decided to discuss another teams QB, I have to honestly believe you are a mahomes homer, no?

that chiefs bandwagon has some open seats, go climb aboard.

A homer is someone who defends someone blindly, completely disregarding anything that is critical of the said player. 

As a Bills fan, I root for the whole team, every player.   But I will not buy into the hype of any player who has done nothing. 

I am discussing the fact we traded 10 overall last year, when we knew we needed A Qb. 

That pick landed the Chiefs Mahomes.  It could of landed us Mahomes.