Getting a little concerned with the frequency of blowout games we are completely overmatched from the get go under McDermott

Big Turk

It's an interesting thread. When things go bad defensively, they go REALLY bad.

Another thing I've noticed under McDermott is that we get a lot of three and outs/turnovers, but rarely kept teams out of the endzone once the opponent's drive got underway. That tells me that a void in leadership exists on that side of the ball. Hopefully Edmunds is that guy.

The Bills were crushed by the Ravens in Week one in ultra embarrassing fashion. There is no denying that. 

Reminder: Just last season the Bills had a 3 week stretch of putrid showings from Week 9 - Week 11:

Loss at NYJ 34-21

Loss vs NO  47-10

Loss at LAC 54-24

Sometimes in the NFL you get your ass handed to you - especially when talent is a question mark. After that stretch the Bills finished the year 4-2 to earn their first playoff birth in 17 years...and the 2 losses in that 6 game stretch were both to New England. 

Don’t give up on this team quite yet. 

It's actually a sign of horrendous in-game coaching. When things snowball, the team has no ability to stop it. No ability to adjust game plans and find mismatches to exploit. From what we've been told, our game plan is to find and create these.  seems like an #epicFail

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

It's actually a sign of horrendous in-game coaching. When things snowball, the team has no ability to stop it. No ability to adjust game plans and find mismatches to exploit. From what we've been told, our game plan is to find and create these.  seems like an #epicFail

Or a sign that they're not built to come back behind the powerful arms of Tyrod Taylor or Nate Peterman.  

I've seen this narrative spreading across TBD, yeah when they start to get blown out it's hard to come back -  because they're not that good right now, because they're in the middle of a rebuild...

Also, per the A22 thread sounds like there might be a few small things we can do to shore up the D.  The O line however, yikes.

Edited by Heitz

15 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

The Bills were crushed by the Ravens in Week one in ultra embarrassing fashion. There is no denying that. 

Reminder: Just last season the Bills had a 3 week stretch of putrid showings from Week 9 - Week 11:

Loss at NYJ 34-21

Loss vs NO  47-10

Loss at LAC 54-24

Sometimes in the NFL you get your ass handed to you - especially when talent is a question mark. After that stretch the Bills finished the year 4-2 to earn their first playoff birth in 17 years...and the 2 losses in that 6 game stretch were both to New England. 

Fun fact. 

Rex Ryan worst loss was by 16 points.

McDermott has 6 20+ Point losses already. For a guy that supposedly knows defense, that's a 35% rate of losing by 20 or more. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Man, I’ve tried a couple of times to add some small glimmer of positivity to these boards in the last few days but the cloak of darkness that are your average Bills fans have quickly swallowed that hope whole and flushed it down the toilet. 

You guys are damn depressing. If I keep reading these responses I’m going to need a therapist ??

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

Loss at NYJ 34-21

Loss vs NO  47-10

Loss at LAC 54-24

I saw all I needed to see in the Cincinnati pre-season game.  You extend that game out 4 quarters and it looks exactly like the Ravens beating.  I had the Bill losing by a score of 40 - 7, man was I dead wrong.  the gutting of the offensive line was simply not addressed, the defensive line looks weak and incapable of any pass rush, and now the secondary looks putrid.  Toss onto this a WR group that couldn't start for another NFL team and you have the makings of an 0-16, or if we're lucky a  2-14 campaign.  I love optimism like anyone else, but this team blows large chunks of dead camel.

The sky fell 3 weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

It's not that we're losing its the way we're losing.   These blowouts are way more common than they were under Gailey/Marrone/even Rex didn't get obliterated 2-3 games a year.   

See 4 posts above yours. Its a common theme with this staff to lose by 20 or more. 

20 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

Loss at NYJ 34-21

Loss vs NO  47-10

Loss at LAC 54-24

That team and this team aren’t the same. They’ve downgraded at QB, WR, CB, & OL. None of those are even up for debate. That team was a team that could get to 9-7 if the breaks went their way. Despite being outscored by 57 points (21st in the league) they managed to turn timely turnovers into a winning record. This team is not that team. If they get a few timely turnovers they may be looking at 4-12 instead of 2-14. 

That is okay too as as long as Allen can play. People can prepare to be disappointed though if they expect this team to be around .500. They just don’t have the guys to make that happen.

I feel sorry for Josh Allen!

After last weeks devastating loss, the only moves made by the OBD is to move around a couple of defensive players.

The only change on offense is to let Josh Allen get sacked for an entire game.

McBeane are looking like posers. Do they even have a clue?

I am feeling so discouraged.