Getting a little concerned with the frequency of blowout games we are completely overmatched from the get go under McDermott

Big Turk

On 9/10/2018 at 10:31 AM, jahnyc said:

I am worried about the poor planning and execution that went into this offseason for things that were under their control.  Maybe they thought the fans would give them a mulligan for this season because we unexpectedly made the playoffs last season.

And the 100% deserve the mulligan. THEY BROKE THE CURSE!!!!!!!!!

On 9/10/2018 at 2:45 AM, saundena said:

This is what happens when you give carte blanche to a first time coach and a first time GM.

They either need to fix "the process" and figure out what works, or they will be gone.  (The process, by the way, always pissed me off, as if together McBeane had so much repeatable success in the past that they could demand such conformity to the system as if it were a magical pancia).

If they win 6+ games they will be given a 3rd season. Winn less than 4 games, especially with several blowout losses then I think we will have another change in management unfortunately

Some Football God pundit or other opined, when asked what his recipe was for success, "hire good people and give them time to figure it out".  I don't have a problem with "the Process".  McDermott served his time in the football trenches thinking about what he would do and say and how he would run the organization if he got a HC chance.  He may not have so much success, but he had a template and along with the hiring came the chance to test it out.

From how they're behaving, Beane and McDermott believed they would have 3-4 years to "figure it out", gut the roster, rebuild it etc.  What they may have just learned is that 3-4 years depends upon displaying some minimal level of football competence.  I, like many of us I believe, expected the Bills to lose a lot of games this season - more than last season - but I expected us to lose "respectably", maybe some close games, maybe some games that were lopsided from a handful of blown plays that turned into 14 point swings.  I didn't expect us to be leading the league in suckitude by such a strong margin in all 3 phases of the game.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Actually, they did nothing that past administrations haven't done as well, such as Doug Marrone's.

Andy Dalton broke the curse.

Tyrod and Buffalo won 9 hard games and that was good enough. Andy had nothing to do with that. 

And also, Doug would have been 8-8 had the Pats not totally been resting their starters that season finale we played them. 

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Define blowout and the over under 

id say 2 a season is typical 

That feels like the right number to me. That’s probably a standard number for a decent NFL team. I think that we may be looking at 5 or 6 this year. There are some teams that we just don’t belong on the field with (like next week in Minnesota).

• Like (+1) 1

We're not rebuilding.  Sounds like a good idea, but we're not.

No, we are just a historically bad football team trying to get better.  Seen way too many "just wait till next year" posts that don't seem to ever pan out.  Sorry, but we're not that good at drafting,  picking up better players via trade or free agency, or assembling a proper mix of talent.  There is no magic wand that suggests we will do better next year.

So, I just watch the Bills each year and hope for the best..  I criticise them when they lose and jump for joy when they win.  Been doing that since 1960. 

• Haha (+1) 1