You gotta trade McCoy now... right?

Rigotz

27 minutes ago, CSBill said:

Who was the baseball manager that said, "we stunk with you, we can be just as bad without you"? . . . get something while we can.

Not sure but remember that A-Rod once won the MVP on a last-place team (Rangers).  Think where they'd have finished without him.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I agree 100%, Murphey is not much of a down grade and getting a 3rd would be huge 

Did you just say “getting a 3d”?  ?

On 9/10/2018 at 5:46 AM, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Wouldn’t be shocked if we ended up getting some decent return for McCoy and/or Benjamin. A 4th and 5th respectively would make sense to me as the best possible return. 

You’re dreaming.  And at any rate, McBeane would just give away the resulting picks in a trade up for the next Zay Jones.

24 minutes ago, transient said:

Didn’t read through the whole thread, but if they’re going with Allen, trading the player who might be able to help take some of the pressure off of him would be a mistake IMO. 

This was my exact thought.  Allen needs at least one above-average NFL skill position player to work with.  Not going to net much for Shady at this point so just ride out the contract so long as he remains productive. 

1 hour ago, TheBrownBear said:

This was my exact thought.  Allen needs at least one above-average NFL skill position player to work with.  Not going to net much for Shady at this point so just ride out the contract so long as he remains productive. 

This....need Shady now more then ever.

Its not just about getting Josh experience...its about keeping him in one piece

If the Steelers can get a 3rd for Bryant then Buffalo can get a 3rd from a team contending for a Super Bowl. What’s a 3rd rounder compared to a dual threat RB who hasn’t showed any real signs of slowing down and could be the missing piece to a title.

Lombardi Trophy > Late 3rd round draft pick.

Just wait for the inevitable injury to pop up on one of the contenders... Or if the Colts really believe Luck is back to 110%, McCoy could be the back they need.  

At worst a 4th, but I think a 3rd is doable for sure.

Benjamin and Clay are more like the guys they would end up getting a 5th or 6th for, and I would take it.  Bring back Streater or Reily, and O’Leary, at least they played with some heart.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Rigotz said:

It’s pretty obvious the Bills are gonna struggle badly this season. If we can get a nice pick for McCoy, this is pretty much a full rebuild and he’s only got 3-4 pro bowl years left, maximum.

Reality seems to finally be setting in for Bills fans about this season. We need to trade him now, right?

At the trade deadline there are a couple players I am looking to move.

McCoy is one of them.

Kyle, Clay, Hughes, Lorax are some of the others.

KB is another

Edited by MAJBobby

I’d trade everyone except Allen, Dawkins and Murphy on offense.  On D the only keepers are Edmunds, Philips, White, Poyer and Hyde.

That’s pretty sad. 

Milano possibly.  He played well from my eye last week.  Hope he can build off that because he sucked in preseason. 

$tar $otelelel might end up being the worst free agent acquisition ever.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How much drop off would there actually be if we traded McCoy and started Murphy in his place?  I love McCoy, but he is not making a difference in this team this year or next.  I would be in favor of a trade but I think the most we would get is a third.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I’d trade everyone except Allen, Dawkins and Murphy on offense.  On D the only keepers are Edmunds, Philips, White, Poyer and Hyde.

That’s pretty sad. 

Milano possibly.  He played well from my eye last week.  Hope he can build off that because he sucked in preseason. 

$tar $otelelel might end up being the worst free agent acquisition ever.  

We can cut him after year 3 and only have around a $5.5 million cap hit.  If he sucks, it really doesn't interfere with the cap space when we will need it.

I don't know if I'd want to trade a team captain.  They were picked by the team to represent the team.  What kind of message would that send to the rest of the guys?  No message of family, or "we don't bring in football players, we bring in people" would ever be believed going forward.   McD and Beane would lose the team for sure if Shady was traded.

10 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

How much drop off would there actually be if we traded McCoy and started Murphy in his place?  I love McCoy, but he is not making a difference in this team this year or next.  I would be in favor of a trade but I think the most we would get is a third.

We can cut him after year 3 and only have around a $5.5 million cap hit.  If he sucks, it really doesn't interfere with the cap space when we will need it.

It’s 10 million a year on a bum. That’s 10million we could pay a good OL or WR.  Paying players that aren’t good 10 mill a year is always bad and will interfere with the cap space.  No question.  

Hopefully im wring about him and he turns out to be a player 

I have been anti-trade of McCoy up to now.  HOWEVER, if things continue like they showed in preseason and week 1, then I am fully on board with trading McCoy.  Murphy looks like a competent replacement and we still have Ivory too.  

What is more important, Shady is at the end of his career on a bad team, he isnt going to get us anywhere more than we will get if he wasnt here.  We have a LOT of holes on this team, so compiling even more assets for an aging star now would be the right move for us, and also the right move for Shady who should finish his career on a team he can help win some games.  

Personally, if I am Beane I would put feelers out to 49ers, Houston, Indy, Detroit, Car, TB, and Jax.  

Niners, Detroit and Indy are a very obvious choice with the lack of a true lead back and teams that really need to help their QB's with a run game.  Houston has Miller, but he is a mediocre starting RB and McCoy would be a dangerous addition to that offense.  Carolina has McCaffery but they could use a guy more suited to be a feature back to use in a dual threat attack.  Jax could use some insurance with Fournette already dinged up again and has a history of being dinged up.  

Would call Miami too as Drake I dont think is making anyone think they are for sure set at RB.

We should be able to get a 3rd for McCoy.  No way we get more than a 2nd at his age though, but a 3rd is reasonable.  We may be able to swing a 2nd, but might need to send back like the Raiders 5th or something with McCoy just because a 2nd is a lot to pay for a 30 year old RB.  

Edited by Alphadawg7