You gotta trade McCoy now... right?

Rigotz

1 minute ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

It might be straight out of Madden but I was thinking the same thing. The Bell situation in Pitt is a  mess. We have Allen on a rookie contractmess. We have Allen on a rookie contract so break the bank and sign Bell long term. 

I think it is very realistic.  Bell's teammates should have kept their mouths shut.  There is no way they can co-exist in a locker room now.

Who else could offer them a high level RB and an obviously high second round pick.  The 5th may not even be necessary.

The only questions would be 

Are the Bill's willing to give a RB 15 mil per and can we squeeze it under this years cap

6 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Did I dream AJ McCarron netting a 5th and Tyrod Taylor netting 65th overall? 

...and that 5th should be HUGELY pivotal next year......I'd bet the "stud list" available in the 5th is at least five pages.....we were obviously all set at QB spot to make him expendable....Peterman's pre-season with rubber bullets would easily translate into #1 success with "live ammo", giving Josh plenty of time to develop......wilted faster than grass facing a stream of Roundup...........AJ started the last pre-season game coming off injury and surely expected to show some "ring rust (HINT:Q1-3)".......but he did rebound nicely in Q4.......it was all meaningless because Peterman could carry the load.....uh oh...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I guess I'd move McCoy?  I don't think there's a market for him though.  His base salary is 6+ million, so a team would be on the hook for 3-4ish.  I don't know that a ton of teams have that kind of flexibility/want to spend that much on a back.  Would have to be an injury type of situation and a team's convinced he can help them make a run.  Theoretically we could take salary back - but most teams at this point have trimmed off any bad cap contracts.

Same goes with Benjamin - cap hit is 8.4.  Thats what 5 million for 10 games?  Who would pay that after what we saw in week 1?  Also who would want that scraped off your salary cap?  Clay is basically the same thing.  

Probably wouldn't trade williams/lorax because the value you get won't be very good, and they're good locker room guys who can help coach up the next locker room guys.  

Edited by dneveu

3 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd love to see him in Green Bay. I say trade him after we play the Packers week 4.  I know we won't get much but he deserves to go to a winner.

...pull that trigger and watch for the supreme TBD Meltdown........as of now and according to this place, he is the only flicker of offensive hope......

4 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'd love to see him in Green Bay. I say trade him after we play the Packers week 4.  I know we won't get much but he deserves to go to a winner.

They only have 3.3 mil in cap space for this season - so they'd be limiting their ability to sign players to replace players on IR.