The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.

1 minute ago, Idandria said:

Also, lucky he has broad shoulders which will help absorb the big hits he’s going to take as the pocket breaks down every single play. 

I pray he doesn’t get concussed, but I feel like it’s gonna be only a matter of time.

Way to be optimistic!   

18 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Ya I thought Daboll was awful today.  Not that it mattered as peterman was beyond putrid today but hoping to see more creativity from Daboll going forward.

McDermott and his Coordinators are unimpressive working with with this roster... The GM and Coaches will take a fan beating if today’s performance is repeated... Frazier used to coach defense with Baltimore, and he still couldn’t prepare his group to stop them... If this is a rebuilding year, Beane needs to make a few trades... Shop Shady, Clay, and any other aging player who still has value...

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I know that people are looking for a pick me up, but he didn't do anything special. He didn't show anything in garbage time that would justify this post. He made a couple of good rushes, but it made no change. I hope he starts going forward, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. This team is going to suck. 

Neither did peter peterman, if Allen isn't gwtting killed leave him out there.

10 minutes ago, swnybillsfan said:

i would say i saw signs of encouragement. there were some nice runs, nice throws, and he stood in there against some big hits. i liked the way he handled himself. i think it is really on the coaches to put some polish on this kid. he seems like he wants to win, he truly wants to be great. scheme it up, coach him up, and rip it up!

His biggest mistake as I saw it was keeping it on the RPO to McCoy. Could have been an easy score. He will learn.

30 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.   He has great command of the field and incredible arm talent.  We unnecessarily lost a weeks time developing him, but by seasons end, Bills fans will know they have a top 10 QB. 

Decent fan-fiction usually has to be based on some sort of reality to get off the ground. Wish you the best on your fantasy story though.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree but he is infinitely better than Peterman. It is a week too late for that declaration. 

I think it was Tasker that touched on the subject, Allen has shown an ability to protect himself and he has for the most part IMO.

I love the way the kid works the pocket... 

11 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Why are Bills fans so eager to throw this kid to the wolves (way before he's ready) and ruin his confidence? I get that Peterman sucks and you don't want to watch him anymore, but there has to be a bigger picture element to Allen's development, no?   

I don’t think poor play would ruin his confidence, I think poor coaching and lack of support would. If he has the talent let him take his lumps this season. He’s more mobile than Peterman and the threat of his arm should open up the running game somewhat. Spell him with Peterman for a series or two if you have to in order to let him collect his thoughts and to coach him up in game if he’s having a rough stretch, but the season would be completely wasted by continuing to start Peterman... and I personally don’t want to see him start another game for the Bills ever again.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

I think the consensus of nearly everyone who posts here is that your Peterman fetish is some sort of lunacy.  

Me supporting Peterman is the default because of the dumpster fire that is Josh Allen. If we had Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold or even Rudolph you could kick Peterman to the curb and I wouldn't say a thing about it. I watched a team gamble the farm on Ricky Vaughn and he's going to set this team back 5 years. We went from being close to contending to running an Al Davis strategy, and this staff and our team is going to pay for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1