The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.

31 minutes ago, Figster said:

Under the circumstances I think Allen played well enough that I hope Bills fans never have to see Peterman behind center again.

Let’s not get carried away Peterman is the preseason pro bowl QB !!! 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Figster said:

I get that and fully understand where your coming from, but now that the beane head sent our most experienced QB packing for the likes of noodle arm Nasty Nate the Bills are stuck between a rock and a hard spot IMO. 

This is why they need to trade for another QB. As much as it hurts to burn another pick like that, it's the lesser of all evils: 1. losing a pick to get a competent QB for 2018; 2. losing the team by continuing to start Nate; 3. Ruining Josh Allen. 

Edited by VW82

38 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

He is as close to ready as Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen. 

No, he’s not. Those two played at major colleges and Allen played at Wyoming.  Team offensive rankings for 2017 were:

USC - 13th

UCLA - 22nd

Wyoming - 125th 

(There were only 129 teams.)

I don’t think that Peterman can start another game for the Bills so Allen is the guy moving forward. Also look to see someone like Matt Moore signed on Monday. It's a very bad situation. Allen does have physical talent, but he was so raw coming out of college that he was a longshot to make the transition.  He's really the only option now though.

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, VW82 said:

This is why they need to trade for another QB. As much as it hurts to burn another pick like that, it's the lesser of all evils: 1. losing a pick; 2. losing the team by continuing to start Nate; 3. Ruining Josh Allen. 

4th and Peterman for McCarron back?

addition through subtraction...

• Haha (+1) 1

Food for thought: where would the Rams and Jared Goff be had they thrown him into the fire right out of the gate when he wasn't ready and their offense sucked? How much better off is that team having let him red shirt for ten games while he learned and they built up the talent around him? 

Edited by VW82

could you imagine if Allen had a Tyreek Hill?

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Food for thought: where would the Rams and Jared Goff be had they thrown him into the fire right out of the gate when he wasn't ready and their offense sucked? How much better off is that team letting him red shirt for a year? I bet he would have failed miserably and might be on another team already, or out of the league.   

Uh, Goff became the starter halfway through his rookie season. But I guess he'd be even better now if he hadn't played at all that year, huh? 

Edited by Domdab99
  • Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

The Silver Lining : Josh Allen is very good.   He has great command of the field and incredible arm talent.  We unnecessarily lost a weeks time developing him, but by seasons end, Bills fans will know they have a top 10 QB. 

This conclusion, at this time, is ridiculous.

Nate Peterman looked fantastic during meaningless preseason games.  Today he was atrocious.  

No one here or within the organization has any idea of what QB Allen will eventually become, or not become.

We are all hoping for the best.  What Allen is remains a complete mystery.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

No, he’s not. Those two played at major colleges and Allen played at Wyoming.  Team offensive rankings for 2017 were:

USC - 13th

UCLA - 22nd

Wyoming - 125th 

(There were only 129 teams.)

I don’t think that Peterman can start another game for the Bills so Allen is the guy moving forward. Also look to see someone like Matt Moore signed on Monday. 

and McCarron played for Alabama so clearly he was the guy.

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

This conclusion, at this time, is ridiculous.

Nate Peterman looked fantastic during meaningless preseason games.  Today he was atrocious.  

No one here or within the organization has any idea of what QB Allen will eventually become, or not become.

We are all hoping for the best.  What Allen is remains a complete mystery.

This. Declaring he already “is” very good is pretty ridiculous. He is still a little bit further along than I’d thought he’d be (which is to say, not very far along at all) but there is basically nothing to judge on at this point besides preseason and a half of garbage time. 

Even granting all that, however, Allen probably still give you a better chance to win than Peterman. Which is an indictment on Beane and McDermott more than anything else.

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Uh, Goff became the starter halfway through his rookie season. But I guess he'd be even better now if he hadn't played at all that year, huh? 

Or...maybe getting to watch Case Keenum those first ten weeks and learn what it takes to be successful helped him in his seven starts to finish the year when the pressure was off to win games. Throwing Allen out there for week two is not remotely the same thing. If Bills can find a solution that doesn't involve Allen for our first ten weeks, then put him in a similar low pressure learning environment to finish out the year, that's great. Let him compete for real in year two. Don't ruin his confidence in week two.

Edited by VW82

43 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Way to be optimistic!   

He already has  taken a few big hits in preseason and Ravens game.

He’s tough tho so hopefully it won’t phase him. But yea, I cringe when an unblocked DE with a full head of steam is going in for the knockout blow.

Edited by Idandria

12 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Food for thought: where would the Rams and Jared Goff be had they thrown him into the fire right out of the gate when he wasn't ready and their offense sucked? How much better off is that team having let him red shirt for a year while they built up the talent around him? I bet he would have failed miserably and might be on another team already, or out of the league.   

Peterman is not Jared Goff. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

You're really reaching because you want to believe in Allen. 

Really I've seen several people on here seem to believe Allen is garbage because he played for Wyoming. Surely by this logic any starting Quarterback for a number 1 rated college team must be destined for greatness.

I mean it's not like there have been numerous good QBs coming from less than stellar teams.